Go to page:

Marijuana

poet Anonymous

Marijuana is currently not legalized in the United States. It is "decriminalized" in a few states, i.e. California, Colorado.

I wonder what the reasoning is.

Is it the mind-set that the drug induces you to, or is it some sort of politic?

I'm not trying to pose some sort of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_dilemma
just want to know personal thoughts and experiences.

LookAtTheLove
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 14th July 2011
Forum Posts: 8

I think it's all political. Personally, I don't smoke weed. I do smoke cigarettes and I can't understand why they're legal and marijuana isn't. I think it's another way for our government to have control. They make money off of tobacco companies. I'm not a very big fan of our government. I've considered moving out of the country many times.

poet Anonymous

Legalize it! Regular cigarettes compared to Mary Jane are still just as bad if not worse in my opinion...if legalized, I believe the only people that would do it are maybe a few more that haven't tried it, or the ones who already do it. Marijuana has been proven to help irritable bowl syndrome, and can be used as a muscle relaxer. I have irritable bowl, it would be helpful to me...currently there is no treatment for what I have, so the legalization of it would be a godsend for me! Irritable Bowl syndrome sucks ass btw...hold on...I have to take a shit...."laughs"

emptyness
Twisted Dreamer
United States
Joined 12th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 8

As for me, i am a addicted have used nothing in 3 and a half years. I agree it should be legalize; do to the fact that the goverment could package it, like cigarettes and tax it that would help alot of people with pain. I don't think that pot is adictive like other seem to think; it the hard drugs that people like myself have used that is. if the goverment would use there engery to get them off the street we all would be better off i have never seen anyone high on pot harm or kill anyone do to the fact they are so relaxed they dont give a fuck all they want to do is eat.It would be great help to alot of people that have sleep disorders.    

TheAngelWhoFell
Thought Provoker
United States 1awards
Joined 13th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 177

I have someked Mary Jane and know many people who do, I belive it should be legalised through out the U.S. Marijuana helps as a stress reliver,enhances both sides of the brain, relieve fatigues, stimulates appetite, helps alot of syndromes and sickness that dont have a cure. (theres a whole series Magazines about Marijuana called the 'High Times'). I belive it should be legalised

TheAngelWhoFell
Thought Provoker
United States 1awards
Joined 13th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 177

it also is used to stop mor addicting habits such as use of coke, heroine an achohol

666gothchick
Paulina Dionne
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 7awards
Joined 9th Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 1141

why drink and drive when you an smoke and fly

rayheinrich
Death Plane for Teddy
Tyrant of Words
Canada 32awards
Joined 4th Dec 2009
Forum Posts: 4409

It has to do with if you consider it moral to take recreational drugs.
   Many religious and political groups in the USA consider it immoral and
   have tried to legislate their moral beliefs by making recreational drugs
   illegal. Of course, by now, there are many commercial interests (privatized
   prisons for instance) who have a lot to loose as well.

Though maybe it's just this:

"If You’re Against Recreational Drug Use, There’s A Good Chance You’re Against Recreational Sex."

While many items predict to some extent whether people are opposed to
     recreational drugs, the most closely related predictors are people's views on
     sexual promiscuity. While people who are more religious and those who are more
     politically conservative do tend to oppose recreational drugs, in both study
     samples the predictive power of these religious and ideological items was
     reduced nearly to zero by controlling for items tracking attitudes toward sexual
     promiscuity.

"This provides evidence that views on sex and views on drugs are very closely
     related," said Kurzban, associate professor in the Department of Psychology and
     director of the Pennsylvania Laboratory for Experimental Evolutionary Psychology
     at Penn. "If you were to measure people's political ideology, religiosity and
     personality characteristics, you can predict to some degree how people feel
     about recreational drugs. But if, instead, you just measure how people feel
     about casual sex, and ignore the abstract items, the predictions about people's
     views on drugs in fact become quite a bit better."

more here:
   http://www.physorg.com/news195884892.html  

SychophanticSlag
Dangerous Mind
United States 5awards
Joined 24th May 2011
Forum Posts: 1958

It's all nonsense.
If cigarettes and alcohol are legal, marijuana should be too.
I'm against all three, but I can see and understand why marijuana should be legal if the other two are.

Dangerous Mind
India 17awards
Joined 25th June 2011
Forum Posts: 679

666gothchick said:why drink and drive when you an smoke and fly
I'm with you there... *lazily rolling a joint behind you, about to pass out*

poet Anonymous

Everything has its uses, but chances are it will be abused to some extent once and (if) legalized or decriminalized, such is the nature of the beast...

scarletvelvet
Fire of Insight
United States 8awards
Joined 5th May 2011
Forum Posts: 21

I never understood why pot is illegal in so many places and alcohol is so readily available everywhere. Makes me think that there is something political going on. I think pot should be decriminalized along with prostitution. In fact maybe all drugs should be legal, but there would have to be laws in place to prevent people from hurting others such as driving when under the influence of any and all drugs. Not sure that's ever going to happen though.    

poet Anonymous

scarletvelvet said:...In fact maybe all drugs should be legal...    

http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1893946,00.html

Father_Heathen
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 21st Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 2

Hello, I'm new here. Hope y'all don't mind me tossing in my two cents.

I'm of the opinion that if an individual's actions neither victimize nor violate the rights of innocent people, and if all involved are consenting adults, then it really shouldn't concern anyone else. It makes no sense to me that alcohol would be legal while cannabis is not, even though the former is much more harmful, addicting and dangerous than the latter.

poet Anonymous

Harmful, well...who does these studies? The government..."laughs" that is what they want you to think so you don't do it! Just one more way big brother controls our lives...Even as a mild form of acid, it doesn't have half the negative effects that smoking regular cigarettes has...I mean when is the last time you ever heard of some pot head who died of lung cancer? Seriously?

Go to this thread for the real truth....

http://forum.grasscity.com/general-marijuana-news-around-world/116142-cigarettes-vs-marijuana.html

Go to page:
Go to: