Page:

Discussion and Debate Forum Closing...

admin
DU Webmistress
Mistress of the Underground
1awards

Thank you to everyone who has taken part in this forum over the years. This is not the end...

The Discussion and Debate forum is moving to a new group format, hosted by Viddax and lepperochan, with opportunities for others to get involved.

Check out Rhyme and Reason
https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/groups/rhyme-and-reason/discussion/

Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia 1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 2373

admin said:Thank you to everyone who has taken part in this forum over the years. This is not the end...

The Discussion and Debate forum is moving to a new group format, hosted by Viddax and lepperochan, with opportunities for others to get involved.

Check out Rhyme and Reason
https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/groups/rhyme-and-reason/discussion/

This is interesting and exciting! ..looking forward to reading and participating

Lovely idea ^-^
(wish you guys amazing success with this)

edit: needless to say, I completely disagree with the above posts xD

Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia 1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

Was gonna say that myself! ^-^ ..couldn't agree more, Viddax and Lep have contributed so much to productive discussions here over the years :)

Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 5134

Pardon me, everyone, this won’t take long. As for what little I would add, I find myself thinking...

To take away the freewheeling, wide open endless forums, and stick them in the groups, I’ve seen stagnation set in because of this, and even some members opt out.

My observations, just saying. And thank you, Mistress.

🐾

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 86awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5594

I’ll toss in my two cents, for what it’s worth:

1. Webmiss can run the site as she sees fit, since she owns it, and she’s been extremely generous and accommodating with all the upgrades and features she’s done for us .

2.  Everything here is free to use , there is no fee unless you choose to be a supporter member , so don’t look a gift horse in the mouth—free stuff is not a bad thing. Use of forums and groups is free, posting poems is free, critique is free, and so is the ability to exit DUP, if extremely dissatisfied with it.

3.  There’s enough work for the site mods between here and Facebook DUP , and personally , one less forum to monitor is fine with me —let the group mods , police their own areas.

4.  If you don’t like the group mods and can’t put your personal differences aside to interact in an adult like manner in discussions , then here’s an alternate forum where you can go nuts and let loose:

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/boil/

Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia 1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015

MadameLavender said:I’ll toss in my two cents, for what it’s worth:

1. Webmiss can run the site as she sees fit, since she owns it, and she’s been extremely generous and accommodating with all the upgrades and features she’s done for us .

2.  Everything here is free to use , there is no fee unless you choose to be a supporter member , so don’t look a gift horse in the mouth—free stuff is not a bad thing. Use of forums and groups is free, posting poems is free, critique is free, and so is the ability to exit DUP, if extremely dissatisfied with it.

3.  There’s enough work for the site mods between here and Facebook DUP , and personally , one less forum to monitor is fine with me —let the group mods , police their own areas.

4.  If you don’t like the group mods and can’t put your personal differences aside to interact in an adult like manner in discussions , then here’s an alternate forum where you can go nuts and let loose:

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/boil/

Thank you so much for saying that ML (very reasonable & insightful).. if only there was a like button! xD

..not sure what else is there to say

admin
DU Webmistress
Mistress of the Underground
1awards

I believe the group format will work well for discussions and debates because it affords members the opportunity to have back and forth conversations in a direct reply (nested) format. It also allows people the luxury of going somewhat off on a tangent, without hijacking the whole debate. This is favourable to derailing the original poster's discussion topic.

This thread serves as the perfect example of the kind of situation I want to avoid.

I believe that Viddax, with the support of lepperochan, will do a fine job of facilitating this group. I know Viddax is keen to recruit others to help out too. I would urge everyone who has a stake in DU, to put personal grievances aside and accept that life would be very boring if everyone got along; so let's embrace the shit storm that is our very existence

P.S. When I say 'embrace' I'm really using it as a euphemism for "please don't waste time get riled up, because it achieves nothing".

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 2983

I have locked this thread temporarily until calm is restored to some people and to the thread. In the interests of being even-handed, I have and will continue to hide all comments apart from strictly on topic ones. it will be opened again soon.

However strict adherence must be given to the subject under discussion. Offending posts will be still be removed.

Page:
Go to: