Page:

Is There a Protocol for What Happens When

poet
Nari
Laura Jean
Fire of Insight
Luxembourg
3awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 2nd July 2018
Forum Posts: 273

Someone will not honor the requirements for a competition by updating the piece to fit or withdrawing?

poet
Miss_Sub
- Missy -
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
92awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 26th June 2011
Forum Posts: 7694

I withdrew my entry (my choice) because you changed the requirements after I had entered and deemed my entry was “too long” despite there being no definition of “too long”.

So I bowed out, because you changed the rules after my entry had been submitted. Thanks, but no thanks.

poet
Nari
Laura Jean
Fire of Insight
Luxembourg
3awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 2nd July 2018
Forum Posts: 273

Well, it was nothing personal as stated, we did not expect to get long, epic entries which was an oversight on my part and a learning lesson moving forward. Thank you for coming out.

poet
Miss_Sub
- Missy -
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
92awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 26th June 2011
Forum Posts: 7694

Funny. Your arsey PM said otherwise. But never the less.

Good day to you Sir.

poet
lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
64awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 12702

shame. I'd say grow the fuck up if I was allowed.


don't make rules for a competition then make a change after an entry is made which would disqualify an entry

dunno how you expect any integrity to be attached to future comps of yours. why would anyone enter a comp when you can change the rules on a whim.


"We didn't expect "

so what ?


now we know what to expect innit



poet
Nari
Laura Jean
Fire of Insight
Luxembourg
3awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 2nd July 2018
Forum Posts: 273

We did not expect or account for epics weighing in for or as poems. Here lies the discrepancy and the context for it. A public apologize was kindly issued, at large.

poet
MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States
70awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 4891

And thus we have a teachable moment to move forward from.

Nari, I answered your question about this topic via help, when you wrote in, so there really was no need to start a forum thread on it, unless said answer was insufficient, then you could have written in again and we could have clarified.  

That said, I was not aware of any rule changes after the comp entrants made their posts, otherwise I would have adjusted my reply to encompass that.  I was under the assumption that you had a comp entrant who deliberately ignored your rules and wasn’t responding to query about it, the way your question sounded.

Moving forward , comp hosts should be specific about what they’re looking for, when setting up a comp and give a heads up in the thread if making edits to the initial opening post.  

Thank you.

poet
David_Macleod
David Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
36awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 1722

MadameLavender said:And thus we have a teachable moment to move forward from.

Nari, I answered your question about this topic via help, when you wrote in, so there really was no need to start a forum thread on it, unless said answer was insufficient, then you could have written in again and we could have clarified.  

That said, I was not aware of any rule changes after the comp entrants made their posts, otherwise I would have adjusted my reply to encompass that.  I was under the assumption that you had a comp entrant who deliberately ignored your rules and wasn’t responding to query about it, the way your question sounded.

Moving forward , comp hosts should be specific about what they’re looking for, when setting up a comp and give a heads up in the thread if making edits to the initial opening post.  

Thank you.


Its is clear that the competition rules were changed after people had entered, and led to a poem being deemed as unsuitable.

I am sure you will agree that setting out clear rules before you create a competition is paramount. The competition creator did move the goal posts after entries were made and I had a very amicable discourse in messages that were a learning experience for both of us :-)))))))))

poet
David_Macleod
David Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
36awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 1722

Nari said:We did not expect or account for epics weighing in for or as poems. Here lies the discrepancy and the context for it. A public apologize was kindly issued, at large.


Thank you for this this makes your integrity not in question and has gained my respect


poet
MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States
70awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 4891

David_Macleod said:

Its is clear that the competition rules were changed after people had entered, and led to a poem being deemed as unsuitable.

I am sure you will agree that setting out clear rules before you create a competition is paramount. The competition creator did move the goal posts after entries were made and I had a very amicable discourse in messages that were a learning experience for both of us :-)))))))))


Thanks for sorting this out

Page:
Go to: