Go to page:

When do you read DU poems?

poet Anonymous

I tend to pop in here between board meetings to ground and find inspiration in the words and thoughts of others. I'll log in and start to read as they're posted...often to be interrupted by a manager and have to log right back out. I try to keep an eye out for new writers but confess there are times I only read those I follow. Mostly because of time constraints. So many talented writers to be found in the Underground.   :-)

snugglebuck
Dangerous Mind
United States 77awards
Joined 3rd Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 1873

That there certainly is.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2288

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

I like this image    

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2288

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

even BETTER !!

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Lozzamus
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 1awards
Joined 19th Feb 2019
Forum Posts: 18

Apologies, I don't often have time to read the many poems here, although I always read the work of any poet that has commented on mine and do my best to offer constructive feedback in return. I work and study ie. I play the piano for a living and I'm studying French, German and Russian ( as well as dealing with so much personal stuff). Unfortunately, I'm under unrelenting pressure to pay the rent and keep my head above water, but I try to keep an eye on what's happening here.

snugglebuck
Dangerous Mind
United States 77awards
Joined 3rd Feb 2014

Lozzamus said:Apologies, I don't often have time to read the many poems here, although I always read the work of any poet that has commented on mine and do my best to offer constructive feedback in return. I work and study ie. I play the piano for a living and I'm studying French, German and Russian ( as well as dealing with so much personal stuff). Unfortunately, I'm under unrelenting pressure to pay the rent and keep my head above water, but I try to keep an eye on what's happening here.

I'm certain I speak for nearly all when I say we appreciate this.  Being able to access DU on my phone is a life saver during times when I think I'm about to be bored to death.  For example, DU catches Holy He'll when I'm waiting at the Dr.'s office.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14587

snugglebuck said:

I'm certain I speak for nearly all when I say we appreciate this.  Being able to access DU on my phone is a life saver during times when I think I'm about to be bored to death.  For example, DU catches Holy He'll when I'm waiting at the Dr.'s office.

I do that in the school line picking up my grandson.

I work from my home office in graphic design and social network management,  so I tend to keep a browser open most days for inspiration between postings, schedulings, and new projects generating.  Sometimes I can participate or write drafts - other times just read.  

snugglebuck
Dangerous Mind
United States 77awards
Joined 3rd Feb 2014

Same here.
Every morning I drive my two nieces to school.  Of course, I'm forced to wait forever for them to get ready.  But what would have been wasted time, I submerge myself deep underground.  We all are allotted only so much time in life, with a smart phone and DU I can limit the amount of wasted existence.
Only problem, posting through a phone can result in some humiliating but hilarious grammatical errors.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14587

LOL! No truer words were ever spoken!

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 2983

I  read for inspiration, can be inspired by any writer here, even ones I am not particularly fond of. Inspiration can come from the most unlikely sources  

Go to page:
Go to: