Do you think that people should be able to have a abortion?

84.78% • 39 votes • Yes, of course
15.22% • 7 votes • No, it should be against the law.
Total votes: 46
Only members can vote. Not a member? Sign Up Now

Go to page:

Do you think that people should be able to have a abortion?

rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012
Forum Posts: 2051

My wife faced some similar gestapo doctors, pushing the downs syndrome
Test where the doctor harvests some cells from the growing foetus with "only" a 1 in 20 chance of triggering a miscarriage.  She/we said no.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

NO One, no government should hold the right nor granted the power to decide for a woman...that's between her and her GOD!!! Yeah like that!

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 2983

cunnilover said:NO One, no government should hold the right nor granted the power to decide for a woman...that's between her and her GOD!!! Yeah like that!

agree 100% that is exactly how it should be

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3572

Screw a god...

It is between her and herself !

SkyeCebh
Twisted Dreamer
Sweden
Joined 7th June 2019
Forum Posts: 45

Of course she should have the right!

I find this situation horrifying, a backlash into even more corrupted times (be that church or government) when a woman wasn't allowed to choose for her self or have a say in what - in this case - highly involved her. Why go back?
This whole thing should be a "no brainer".  Allow the woman (with or without a man) to decide how she is to proceed in this. None of us others should have a right to overrule that.  

snugglebuck
Dangerous Mind
United States 77awards
Joined 3rd Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 1873

"Why go back?
This whole thing should be a "no brainer".

Very good point.  But I think part of the problem is young people, especially women, don't realize what "back" was like.  
I'm old enough to remember.  It was a world where, under the auspices that life begins at conception, birth control in any form was frowned upon and in many states it was illegal.
Also, 'back then' girls participation in sports was discouraged. For young women shouldn't participate in any strenuous activity that might endanger their unborn baby.
As unbelievable as this might sound, this was the common arguement against title 9.
Indeed, if the Supreme Court determines life begins at conception, women will be catapulted back into a new dark age.  
Be afraid.  Be very afraid.

cold_fusion
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 20awards
Joined 14th June 2017
Forum Posts: 5253

snugglebuck said:"Why go back?
This whole thing should be a "no brainer".

Very good point.  But I think part of the problem is young people, especially women, don't realize what "back" was like.  
I'm old enough to remember.  It was a world where, under the auspices that life begins at conception, birth control in any form was frowned upon and in many states it was illegal.
Also, 'back then' girls participation in sports was discouraged. For young women shouldn't participate in any strenuous activity that might endanger their unborn baby.
As unbelievable as this might sound, this was the common arguement against title 9.
Indeed, if the Supreme Court determines life begins at conception, women will be catapulted back into a new dark age.  
Be afraid.  Be very afraid.

more enraged than afraid tbh. but again...being male makes me both ashamed and enraged at this sick power play of men and their 'capital"

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3572

California will not stand for it , nor will a lot of states , doctors , men and especially women..

Fuck them...hear me fuckin idiot Republican religious assholes ?

You think we will put up with you telling us
what we can or can not do ?

Get ready for it...women led , with many men supporting them...

I know women who would shoot anyone who tried to interfere with their right to abortion...

And I would be deflating the tires of those who tried to keep them from getting abortions , so they could not get away from those angry women...

We are about to PARTY...😎✊

snugglebuck
Dangerous Mind
United States 77awards
Joined 3rd Feb 2014

👍👌👍

snugglebuck
Dangerous Mind
United States 77awards
Joined 3rd Feb 2014

🙌👍

SkyeCebh
Twisted Dreamer
Sweden
Joined 7th June 2019
Forum Posts: 45

cold_fusion said:

more enraged than afraid tbh. but again...being male makes me both ashamed and enraged at this sick power play of men and their 'capital"

Yes! And being non-American (lived there before and have many friends there) I am absolutely outraged at the development of this mixed up, religiously influenced, and male driven politics.

It truly baffles me that anyone would stand by this. Being a rape victim myself, where I became pregnant and had an abortion, I cannot see how anyone else should have the right to force me to take care of something that destroyed me, or force me to carry it to terms and then adopt it to someone else. As if this world need more children without parents?

Both situations would hurt me tremendously, already trying to come to teams with being raped, and I'm not even responsible for it happening to me.
Is the US out of its fucking mind, for real?

There is nothing anyone can tell me that would change my mind. It is My choice, forced upon me by a rapist. And I did the responsible thing. Thank goodness I'm not in the US anymore, but if I were, I'd support anyone who needed it done, with everything I am.

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 2983

Article 9 is only paper fit to wipe your ass - end off

I also remember a period = most of my life where women were treated like shite, they were seen as possessions to be owned, battered down (Physically and mentally) The world was full of back street abortionists using coat hangers, women were treated as sex objects and slaves, I was born in the '60s and despite the hippie movement women were still treated this way. Americans who remember this should revolt and should sanction by action those supporting Article 9 and any subsequent backward heading religion led legislation. Far-right Christian and the Catholic church had so much blood on their hands - they seem to enjoy it still - i say fuck em all, stand up and be counted make lots of noise and punish the guilty.

excuse the rant but this subject boils my blood :-(

snugglebuck
Dangerous Mind
United States 77awards
Joined 3rd Feb 2014

💪 👍💪

Northern1
Fire of Insight
Iceland
Joined 15th Apr 2016
Forum Posts: 228

An unborn child is a living human, it is not an organ in the mother's body.  i am against abortion, except in cases where the mother's health is in real peril.

Go to page:
Go to: