Do you think that people should be able to have a abortion?

84.78% • 39 votes • Yes, of course
15.22% • 7 votes • No, it should be against the law.
Total votes: 46
Only members can vote. Not a member? Sign Up Now

Go to page:

Do you think that people should be able to have a abortion?

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 2983

Yeah I agree in a minority of cases, some women are unable to make these decisions so I will happily revise

IT SHOULD ALWAYS BE THE WOMANS CHOICE UNLESS SHE IS MENTALLY INCAPABLE OF THAT CHOICE

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14457

THAT'S MUCH MORE CONSISE. #WORDSMATTER

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014

iNDEED :-)

ImperfectedStone
The Gardener
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 28awards
Joined 10th Oct 2010
Forum Posts: 1347

I agree with abortion, but I didn't do it. My daughter was confirmed to have a very high chance of Down's syndrome. I was told I was being negligent not having the amnio by Doctors as here in the UK the screen is not 100%. I chose not to meaning I would have been required to terminate at my 20 week scan rather than 12 week. I chose this option. I would have terminated if my daughter had a heart defect limiting her likelihood of survival but not if it was purely mental. Terminating would have meant giving birth to my dead child. I did not take this decision lightly. In my country I hear of many women who have been terrorised by faulty screens, two who did take the amnio test encouraged to me on three occasions by Dr's,  with a 1 in 100 chance of miscarriage. One friend lost her fully well baby, the other now has a child with learning difficulties linked to the procedure.

My Mother wanted to not keep her second child, rather than abortion she had her adopted, my sister permanently felt abandoned as did I left with a violent drug addict. Maybe, just maybe, if spaces weren't given to otherwise aborted babies there would be more spaces in people's hearts and homes for us broken, needing to be removed from bio parental care children.

Being a mother happens from conception, choosing what is best for your life and the life you are creating is your first job and right, not to be taken lightly and not up for the judgement of others who have not experienced your choices. I am proud pro choice.

cold_fusion
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 20awards
Joined 14th June 2017
Forum Posts: 5266

a woman is the owner of her womb. Her womb. Her choice. Period.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14587

ImperfectedStone said:I agree with abortion, but I didn't do it. My daughter was confirmed to have a very high chance of Down's syndrome. I was told I was being negligent not having the amnio by Doctors as here in the UK the screen is not 100%. I chose not to meaning I would have been required to terminate at my 20 week scan rather than 12 week. I chose this option. I would have terminated if my daughter had a heart defect limiting her likelihood of survival but not if it was purely mental. Terminating would have meant giving birth to my dead child. I did not take this decision lightly. In my country I hear of many women who have been terrorised by faulty screens, two who did take the amnio test encouraged to me on three occasions by Dr's,  with a 1 in 100 chance of miscarriage. One friend lost her fully well baby, the other now has a child with learning difficulties linked to the procedure.

My Mother wanted to not keep her second child, rather than abortion she had her adopted, my sister permanently felt abandoned as did I left with a violent drug addict. Maybe, just maybe, if spaces weren't given to otherwise aborted babies there would be more spaces in people's hearts and homes for us broken, needing to be removed from bio parental care children.

Being a mother happens from conception, choosing what is best for your life and the life you are creating is your first job and right, not to be taken lightly and not up for the judgement of others who have not experienced your choices. I am proud pro choice.

I did too, Poppy. I had a rare autoimmune condition in which my body attacked itself when I was pregnant.  I weighed around 110 lbs the morning after I had my son.  Much wasn't known about these immune disorders decades ago - today I hear they're manageable. I was cautioned not to become pregnant again. Of course I did with my daughter, in which I was strongly cautioned to abort for the safety of my life. I followed my instinct instead and delivered. I weighed less than 100 lbs the morning after her birth. I looked completely anorexic but recovered very quickly once the pregnancy was over.

Both are healthy and academically gifted children. I am so very lucky I listened to my mother's instinct.  Because you are right in that we become mothers upon conception and must follow our own instinct.  While I did what I felt led to do, I certainly don't judge others who may or did choose differently.

Needless to say I opted a tubal ligation to prevent further pregnancies. It wasn't worth the risk of orphaning two healthy children.

badmalthus
Harry Rout
Dangerous Mind
19awards
Joined 3rd May 2014
Forum Posts: 433

As a moral relativist I have no "God" that tells me one moral is better than another...I create my "actions" in each moment as needed..."moral maturity" is about taking responsibility for the actions that I choose. Whether you are pro-choice or pro-life is "beyond good and evil"...it's simply a personal choice...like owning a mobile phone or electric car even though you know that the lithium that runs the thing was more than likely mined by slaves in the Congo...the question is? Can you take responsibility for your actions? Here in Australia women are free to have an abortion or not to have an abortion...and yes, it is free as is our entire medical system...for the moment anyway. Here it is like whether to have chemo-therapy or not...and again, whichever choice you make is yours, as is the responsibility that goes with your choice.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

badmalthus said:As a moral relativist I have no "God" that tells me one moral is better than another...I create my "actions" in each moment as needed..."moral maturity" is about taking responsibility for the actions that I choose. Whether you are pro-choice or pro-life is "beyond good and evil"...it's simply a personal choice...like owning a mobile phone or electric car even though you know that the lithium that runs the thing was more than likely mined by slaves in the Congo...the question is? Can you take responsibility for your actions? Here in Australia women are free to have an abortion or not to have an abortion...and yes, it is free as is our entire medical system...for the moment anyway. Here it is like whether to have chemo-therapy or not...and again, whichever choice you make is yours, as is the responsibility that goes with your choice.

May it stay that way, Harry. People are dying over here for lack of medical care.

badmalthus
Harry Rout
Dangerous Mind
19awards
Joined 3rd May 2014
Forum Posts: 433

Ahavati said:

May it stay that way, Harry. People are dying over here for lack of medical care.

Yes A, but like everywhere, our medical system is getting more expensive by the day...with an aging population and politicians who think the only way to get elected is to promise more tax cuts lol.

runaway-mindtrain
Dangerous Mind
United States 8awards
Joined 30th July 2017
Forum Posts: 759

PoetWarrior said:The case to be made is a woman's ownership of her own body, and indeed, her own life!  Once a government or religion is allowed to usurp that most basic of rights, the precedent created  may destroy any/all other freedoms.  (In my humble opinion).

I would say yes ..but because it is a law of the land involving reproduction only.... however not because of " ownership of the body "... that is the same legal argument the slavers use to make... exclaiming they own it and can keep it or kill it at will ...

runaway-mindtrain
Dangerous Mind
United States 8awards
Joined 30th July 2017
Forum Posts: 759

People are not dying from lack of medical care in the U.S. and no social service is "free"...it comes out of the people's taxes....free is a fantasy concept used by leftist to obscure state control from the masses...the world has great health now in no small part due to the advancement of private research done in the U.S. in the 20th century ...which was not controlled by the state...most countries have government controlled medical due to the fact that people usually don't give a shit to buy their own...in America we still have that pesky "freedom to do your own thing" happening...and have yet to give up our rights to our own bodies, medically...that is what happens when you transfer your medical rights to the state.... leftist just leave that part out and only speak of "morally superior virtue" in letting a government own them ...we have enough evidence by looking at the VA in America on how the almighty state fucks people over ...

Ralph_Tamez
Wasere
Twisted Dreamer
United States
Joined 20th Sep 2018
Forum Posts: 126

What is an abortion?  It's the killing of another life.. our government kills people every day around the world.. so I don't think they would care

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014

runaway-mindtrain said:People are not dying from lack of medical care in the U.S. and no social service is "free"...it comes out of the people's taxes....free is a fantasy concept used by leftist to obscure state control from the masses...the world has great health now in no small part due to the advancement of private research done in the U.S. in the 20th century ...which was not controlled by the state...most countries have government controlled medical due to the fact that people usually don't give a shit to buy their own...in America we still have that pesky "freedom to do your own thing" happening...and have yet to give up our rights to our own bodies, medically...that is what happens when you transfer your medical rights to the state.... leftist just leave that part out and only speak of "morally superior virtue" in letting a government own them ...we have enough evidence by looking at the VA in America on how the almighty state fucks people over ...

Nations standards of civilisation are based on its treatment of unfortunates. Its sense of community responsibility is based on its willingness to share and resolve community issues. Health care should not be reliant on how much money you have. With the best of treatments only available to the wealthy. As a double through the knee amputee, I cannot afford to get prosthetics that are only available to the wealthy therefore I am forever unable to walk, despite not being a criminal this is my punishment, my curse and the guilt of this nation unfelt. A pay to play health care system is barbaric in its very foundation and fascistic in its delivery. This is not a matter of left or right its a matter of humanitarianism, it denotes how and what we are as a nation and the USA is a failure, a failed state, a so-called Christian country with the morals of slave owners. Fascists to the left and fascists to the left money and power indecently the vast majority of normal working people successive corrupt governments of whatever persuasion are corrupt to their very core and people will be always left to suffer and scream in the dark. The UK is no better, ripping welfare and healthcare out of the price range of those most in need. Even criminals, drug dealers, pimps, and paedophiles can afford better healthcare the honest working man, Britain another fascistic failed Christian country as is most of what the call western civilisation, not very Christ like. If you deny proper healthcare to those in need you are theses peoples owners they are reliant on your fascistic greed for more power and more money, the unfortunates are those you make to suffer the unnecessary suffering as you wash your hands in their blood. Free health care its original conception "Free at the point of need from the cradle to the grave." Not something you are willing to share your collective responsibility in, you rail against it in your pathetic ways, and I wonder if Jesus charged per healing miracle, I very much doubt that. It is strange that Christian countries are the least Christ like. A plague on all your houses. So endeth the lesson, delivered by, atheist, and humanist with more Christ like attitudes than Christian do. Amen?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

runaway-mindtrain said:People are not dying from lack of medical care in the U.S. and no social service is "free"...it comes out of the people's taxes....free is a fantasy concept used by leftist to obscure state control from the masses...the world has great health now in no small part due to the advancement of private research done in the U.S. in the 20th century ...which was not controlled by the state...most countries have government controlled medical due to the fact that people usually don't give a shit to buy their own...in America we still have that pesky "freedom to do your own thing" happening...and have yet to give up our rights to our own bodies, medically...that is what happens when you transfer your medical rights to the state.... leftist just leave that part out and only speak of "morally superior virtue" in letting a government own them ...we have enough evidence by looking at the VA in America on how the almighty state fucks people over ...

Oh really now? So the Nearly 45,000 annual deaths associated with lack of health insurance from a study published last year by the American Journal of Public Health is BS?

The study, conducted at Harvard Medical School and Cambridge Health Alliance, found that uninsured, working-age Americans have a 40 percent higher risk of death than their privately insured counterparts, up from a 25 percent excess death rate found in 1993.

Don't tell me people aren't dying in American for lack of adequate healthcare. I know they are.  That "pesky freedom to do our own thing", you know, purchase private health insurance, is so expensive people cannot afford it.  You can thank the insurance and pharmaceutical companies for that.  

Viable healthcare is becoming as education - something for the wealthy.

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/dispatches/2018/10/15/study-45000-deaths-per-year-due-to-lack-of-health-insurance/

cold_fusion
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 20awards
Joined 14th June 2017
Forum Posts: 5266

not trying to deviate away from the above posts which are incredibly powerful in their truth(Ahavati & Harry) ...

just my personal opinion... i find it bizare if not amusing that it is men.. mostly men who get to decide what and how and woman should deal with matters concerning her own body! i grew up believeing it is the woman's prerogative to chose to have children or not... ok so if a man wants kids he should go find a partner who shares his desire to have progeny not force someone or anyone "his" will.  in short i reckon about time women say bugger off!

Go to page:
Go to: