Do you think that people should be able to have a abortion?

84.78% • 39 votes • Yes, of course
15.22% • 7 votes • No, it should be against the law.
Total votes: 46
Only members can vote. Not a member? Sign Up Now

Go to page:

Do you think that people should be able to have a abortion?

rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012
Forum Posts: 2051

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 2983

iT SHOULD ALWAYS BE THE WOMANS CHOICE - END OF!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14270

badmalthus said:

I carry a copy of the Lao Tzu and the Book of Chuang Tzu, my fav, as well as Alan Watts's The Wisdom of Insecurity, my all time fav text, in my bag at all times A. Buddhism, particularly Zen, taught me a lot about myself, but it is Daoism that has truly opened my mind...now I know that when I make a simple cup of tea in the morning there are a lot of unknown hands assisting me, not to mention the sun, moon, rain and the entire planet earth haha.
That is interesting and about time, the male contraceptive. Mind you, my father always told me that if I don't want to get a woman pregnant than it was my responsibility and not hers...of course it was her responsibility not to get pregnant as well...a two way street lol. I had a vasectomy when I was 38 years old...no need for my wife or me to put foreign toxins into our bodies.

Loved Alan Watts. I only wish I had been wise enough to follow him when I was young and he was alive. That's the thing with knowledge and wisdom, it lives on through words and actions.  What I discovered about all religions is that there is truth, and untruth; it's up to the spirit to decipher it - as truth lies within ourselves to bear witness to itself.

The common ground is Love.

Much enjoyed, Harry.

poet Anonymous

David_Macleod said:iT SHOULD ALWAYS BE THE WOMANS CHOICE - END OF!

#ProChoice

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014

Religion lacks any truth, it is a mental illness, its the tooth fairy, its the wolf in the hallway it's akin to schizophrenia these people need help and treatment. The issue that people have an abortion comes from religious traditions who at various points sacrificed children and the pro-life Christians took the moral high ground with life begins at conception. Sex outside marriage is a sin, abortion is a sin, homosexuality is a sin, suicide is a sin, stem cell research is a sin, Jesus wept, or he would have done if he had existed, but apparently, pedophilia is condoned. Give me a friggin break. There is no such thing as sin its a method of controlling the masses out of fear and alleged guilt All religion is hogwash and balderdash. Its a woman's right to chose - I repeat, from the cheap seats IT SHOULD ALWAYS BE THE WOMANS CHOICE - END OF!

rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012

So basically this girl in hi school
Told me,"I wouldn't sleep with u if u we're the last person on EARTH!

Well low and behold, brexit happens, a war breaks out with Russia, and one thing
Leads to another and we are the last people on earth.

Yeah, she owns her body and such
But collectively, WE own the future of the human race.
So anyways, I woo her over the course of several months in my bomb shelter, until she finally agrees.
I'm just saying, you all need to invest in bomb shelters so you can protect you're loved ones in the Nick of time.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

rabbitquest said:So basically this girl in hi school
Told me,"I wouldn't sleep with u if u we're the last person on EARTH!

Well low and behold, brexit happens, a war breaks out with Russia, and one thing
Leads to another and we are the last people on earth.

Yeah, she owns her body and such
But collectively, WE own the future of the human race.
So anyways, I woo her over the course of several months in my bomb shelter, until she finally agrees.
I'm just saying, you all need to invest in bomb shelters so you can protect you're loved ones in the Nick of time.

Great advice!

Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia 1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 2373

David_Macleod said:Religion lacks any truth, it is a mental illness, its the tooth fairy, its the wolf in the hallway it's akin to schizophrenia these people need help and treatment. The issue that people have an abortion comes from religious traditions who at various points sacrificed children and the pro-life Christians took the moral high ground with life begins at conception. Sex outside marriage is a sin, abortion is a sin, homosexuality is a sin, suicide is a sin, stem cell research is a sin, Jesus wept, or he would have done if he had existed, but apparently, pedophilia is condoned. Give me a friggin break. There is no such thing as sin its a method of controlling the masses out of fear and alleged guilt All religion is hogwash and balderdash. Its a woman's right to chose - I repeat, from the cheap seats IT SHOULD ALWAYS BE THE WOMANS CHOICE - END OF!

Oh.My.Gosh!! ..I couldn't agree more
thank you for saying this David!

Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia 1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 2373

HaiItsMo said:If no, what about in the case of rape or sexual assault?
If no, what if the person is going to die?
If no, what the baby is dead already?
If yes, why do you think that?

women should have the right to choose

There are actually places called "Crisis Pregnancy Centers" (misleading name) ..they try to convince, and sometimes even trick women (who are oftentimes looking for info on abortion) into having kids by spreading misinformation. I think those should be illegal.

here's a really awesome video explaining them:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NNpkv3Us1I

snugglebuck
Dangerous Mind
United States 77awards
Joined 3rd Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 1873

My 2 cents.

Fact, not oppinion; whether it be dress codes or reproductive laws women are almost always the target of conservative moralists.

Opinion, not a fact; if women controlled men's bodies, would they allow conservative men to wear such horrible toupees?  Seriously, Rand Paul, Trump, Lindsey Grahm, Frank Luntz, Shaun Hannity all have these ridiculous rugs on their heads.  And so do nearly all conservative Evangelists sport these abominations to nature.  The worse of the worst, is Tucker Carlson who looks like a drag queen without makeup.

Sometimes I wish instead of throwing a well deserved pie in their faces, there needs to be a trend of snatching rugs off these Repugnuts in public.  And the snatcher should hoot and holler while he shakes his trophy in the air in same manner as Indians use to shake scalps.

Certainly if abortion should be outlawed, so should dishonest hairlines be banned.

poet Anonymous

Some interesting points there, Snugglebuck! Guess I’ve never really thought of things that way.

rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012

if you don't have a abortion
you might have an baby.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Shocking!

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014

Ahavati said:Shocking!

What is shocking?

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14449

David_Macleod said:iT SHOULD ALWAYS BE THE WOMANS CHOICE - END OF!

great in theory, and I agree. but it's not 'end of' by any means. there are multi scenarios which could render the woman incapacitated and such stuff, which would in effect take the decision from  her  

Go to page:
Go to: