Do you think that people should be able to have a abortion?

84.78% • 39 votes • Yes, of course
15.22% • 7 votes • No, it should be against the law.
Total votes: 46
Only members can vote. Not a member? Sign Up Now

Go to page:

Do you think that people should be able to have a abortion?

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14457

here's a thought. condoms capture and kill the sperm what think they're in a cannonball run (takes bow) to to the egg. a cruel ambush. its my belief now our gods wanted us to use the back door unless we want a baby, and that somehow when the sperm is released -the sperm's collective spirit merges with that of its host- making its host at one with the gods

thank you

BoreDomicPoetry, you'd have to question the wisdom of a feller who on the one hand talks about the suicide rate among a people then block captals *you just murdered your baby*

also, hullo and welcome

edit: knowledge acquired by exit poll

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

On reading this topic thread, I’ve found the opinions here to be both interesting and truly disturbing.

Firstly let’s address the obvious - the female of the species is usually the one to make babies unless you’re a seahorse. Sadly, women get the shit end of the deal in terms of sex.

If we are to be raped and end up pregnant, somehow it is our fault. I don’t believe this for a second. Pregnancy is a symptom of the female species. It’s unavoidable in a rape scenario when the cycle happens to be in the right phase. Extremely unfortunate.

Secondly, I’d like to applaud the men in the room that said “how hard is it to rubber up etc”. Great level of respect for those that said this. However, as a woman, I also need to address how traumatic the contraceptive pill actually is. It messes with your emotions, your mood, your skin, your hormones, EVERYTHING. My contraceptive pill actually landed me in hospital because of a suspected bleed on the brain after five days of blinding migraines I never want to experience again in my life. Subsequently, I haven’t taken it for the best part of 9 years and I will never put that crap into my body again. Please do not just assume that it’s a magic pill your lady takes and that’s the end of it - we suffer for it. It fucks us up. Messes with our cycles. In a lot of cases, makes us totally different people.

I’ve lost babies to miscarriage, so I do understand the pain of losing a child. I can only imagine the trauma that occurs when facing the agonising decision to abort a pregnancy. Yet - I am strictly pro-choice. Because the body of a woman is sacred. It is a temple. It is a goddess. And I believe we know what is best for our bodies.

I certainly don’t believe that the government should have any say over my body. Neither should anybody else. Pretty sure if there is an all seeing, all loving God, and I’d just been raped six ways to Sunday, he’d be big enough to understand.

SatInUGal
Kumar
Dangerous Mind
United States 24awards
Joined 31st Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 927

Taking away a woman's right to have dominion over her body is fascist misogynist bullshit.

BoreDomicPoetry
Strange Creature
Joined 25th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 6

Tallen said:I have many very close Friends who have had abortions and have felt poorly (guilty or worse) and confided in me because we're close friends and because they know of my zen Buddhist and witchcraft beliefs.  
That said, for me, it would depend on Your spiritual belief construct.  I am pro-choice because I believe all life has an energy and it's almost soul-like.   So, let's say I had a Rebirth and I am an energy not yet a fetus or a fetus but not yet fully conscious of such, and the birth mom changes her mind (or whatever reason) decides to end the birth -- it only means, me, as the energy getting to be rebirthed GETS an opportunity to get rebirthed anew and somewhere else.  No harm to anyone.

Having an upbringing with Christianity, I understand the conflict with many women (and men).  

But for me,
there is NO conflict -- only peace.

While it is incredulously rude to interject into someone's religious beliefs, your sentiment is not shared amongst practitioners of traditional Buddhism nor Buddhism, period. All life is valuable and the fact that life can be reincarnated is not a reason for mass genocide.

SatInUGal
Kumar
Dangerous Mind
United States 24awards
Joined 31st Dec 2015

Genocide? At least get your terms straight. What you are concerned about is infantocide, but let me ask you: do you really want a world where women are forced to carry babies they don't want, and often times don't have the means to take care of? It's easy to say put them up for adoption, but that baby farming idea completely ignores the incredible emotional challenge of giving up a fully formed baby, something that is equaled perhaps by thr incredibly heartbreaking decision to get an abortion. No one wants abortions. They get them because they have to. You don't get to take away thay option. If you make it illegal, it will just be done in the shadows, much more dangerously.

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3572

Aka Zen Buddhism : When Is A Fetus Not A Fetus ?

Or :

First There Is A Fetus , Then There Is No Fetus , Then There Is

And I do not believe it is rude to interject about religion...

Religion is a group activity / organization in a public arena...

Spiritually held individual beliefs are a different matter

SatInUGal
Kumar
Dangerous Mind
United States 24awards
Joined 31st Dec 2015

Blackwolf said:Religion is a group activity / organization in a public arena...

Spiritually held individual beliefs are a different matter

Amen

rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012
Forum Posts: 2051

so, im a bit slow, so it took me a while, but well, here it is.
bringing a baby into the world is hard.
nausea. great discomfort. the agony of passing the baby out  the vulnerability of being weakened .  the toll it takes on a womans body. the lifelong commitment
invested into the child and mom.

in past cultures, where pregnancy was part of marriage, with a father provider
babies happened.

in modern cultures at least in some
places, we can enjoy sex, without the commitment.
nsa sex is part of the culture, with abortion and rubbers and penicillin
making it happen.  
welfare for single mothers also makes the traditional family not essential.

abortion is just one aspect of the overall modern life.

if we truly want moms to have their babies, it could grow from .......

badmalthus
Harry Rout
Dangerous Mind
19awards
Joined 3rd May 2014
Forum Posts: 433

Firstly, people don't have abortions, not "men" anyway, only women. Yes, wome can have abortions or they can choose not to have an abortion, There are no moral values in the world, only personal preferences...things we like and things we don't like...pleasure/pain. Recently I did have an interesting philosophical debate with two "Vegan Feminists" who claimed to be Pro-choice...they did get a little angry when their hypocrisy was pointed out...ah moral values, they get you every time lol.
Yes, I am a Daoist misanthrope with nihilist tendencies.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14590

badmalthus said:[...]Recently I did have an interesting philosophical debate with two "Vegan Feminists" who claimed to be Pro-choice...they did get a little angry when their hypocrisy was pointed out...ah moral values, they get you every time lol.
Yes, I am a Daoist misanthrope with nihilist tendencies.

Fascinating. Howso hypocrisy?

badmalthus
Harry Rout
Dangerous Mind
19awards
Joined 3rd May 2014

Ahavati said:

Fascinating. Howso hypocrisy?

Only from their moral high ground in regards to all life is sacred...but whenever we claim to have a moral value that all should follow we will certainly fall into the jaws of hypocrisy...that's why I always tell people I'm a slave owner up front. I know that the lithium in my laptop and mobile phone probably comes from the Congo via China, and is mined by children as young as ten years old for hardly any money...I know where my oil comes from to...but instant karma will get me one day A...for that I am sure...the beauty of yin and yang lol.
Cheers...Harry

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14590

badmalthus said:

Only from their moral high ground in regards to all life is sacred...but whenever we claim to have a moral value that all should follow we will certainly fall into the jaws of hypocrisy...that's why I always tell people I'm a slave owner up front. I know that the lithium in my laptop and mobile phone probably comes from the Congo via China, and is mined by children as young as ten years old for hardly any money...I know where my oil comes from to...but instant karma will get me one day A...for that I am sure...the beauty of yin and yang lol.
Cheers...Harry

I hear you, Harry, which is exactly why I attempt to sow goodness every day from what may have been purchased from unfair practices.  Tempering the karma, hopefully.  But there certainly is no escape unless you're off the grid.   I do believe those who are enabled should use that ability for the good of those who provided.  

My college thesis was on the common ground of world religions. I read every single holy book I could get my hands on.  The Tao Te Ching  ( or Dao De Jing ) was my favorite. It taught me that in emptying we will be filled anew.  It's a lesson in letting go. The memory brought me peace and inspired me to write.

In reference to the general discussion, especially in regards to birth control, ahem:

https://www.technologynetworks.com/drug-discovery/news/male-birth-control-pill-passes-human-safety-tests-317223?fbclid=IwAR1XC1DtF2HHJY3K6fZZ576WpR8PVZuFgq5QjfpcUPqeo0Psn4FCPJIsWYI

Looks like the tables have turned.

badmalthus
Harry Rout
Dangerous Mind
19awards
Joined 3rd May 2014

Ahavati said:

I hear you, Harry, which is exactly why I attempt to sow goodness every day from what may have been purchased from unfair practices.  Tempering the karma, hopefully.  But there certainly is no escape unless you're off the grid.   I do believe those who are enabled should use that ability for the good of those who provided.  

My college thesis was on the common ground of world religions. I read every single holy book I could get my hands on.  The Tao Te Ching  ( or Dao De Jing ) was my favorite. It taught me that in emptying we will be filled anew.  It's a lesson in letting go. The memory brought me peace and inspired me to write.

In reference to the general discussion, especially in regards to birth control, ahem:

https://www.technologynetworks.com/drug-discovery/news/male-birth-control-pill-passes-human-safety-tests-317223?fbclid=IwAR1XC1DtF2HHJY3K6fZZ576WpR8PVZuFgq5QjfpcUPqeo0Psn4FCPJIsWYI

Looks like the tables have turned.

I carry a copy of the Lao Tzu and the Book of Chuang Tzu, my fav, as well as Alan Watts's The Wisdom of Insecurity, my all time fav text, in my bag at all times A. Buddhism, particularly Zen, taught me a lot about myself, but it is Daoism that has truly opened my mind...now I know that when I make a simple cup of tea in the morning there are a lot of unknown hands assisting me, not to mention the sun, moon, rain and the entire planet earth haha.
That is interesting and about time, the male contraceptive. Mind you, my father always told me that if I don't want to get a woman pregnant than it was my responsibility and not hers...of course it was her responsibility not to get pregnant as well...a two way street lol. I had a vasectomy when I was 38 years old...no need for my wife or me to put foreign toxins into our bodies.

Go to page:
Go to: