Do you think that people should be able to have a abortion?

84.78% • 39 votes • Yes, of course
15.22% • 7 votes • No, it should be against the law.
Total votes: 46
Only members can vote. Not a member? Sign Up Now

Go to page:

Do you think that people should be able to have a abortion?

HaiItsMo
Mo
Twisted Dreamer
United States 2awards
Joined 3rd May 2016
Forum Posts: 33

If no, what about in the case of rape or sexual assault?
If no, what if the person is going to die?
If no, what the baby is dead already?
If yes, why do you think that?

PoetWarrior
Thought Provoker
United States
Joined 22nd Sep 2018
Forum Posts: 87

The case to be made is a woman's ownership of her own body, and indeed, her own life!  Once a government or religion is allowed to usurp that most basic of rights, the precedent created  may destroy any/all other freedoms.  (In my humble opinion).

HaiItsMo
Mo
Twisted Dreamer
United States 2awards
Joined 3rd May 2016
Forum Posts: 33

I honestly believe that to be true. And p.s. that quote transcends religion and far too many people are willing to point out the sins within others before examining themselves.

PoetWarrior
Thought Provoker
United States
Joined 22nd Sep 2018

Agreed!  I can think of a specific example VERY "close to home"!....BUT, the topic is Abortion and the intrinsic right of a woman to own her own body...that right must NOT be contravened!

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3572

I agree with both of you ;

Yet I add a however ;

As I am aware of spirits including those who feed off

the energies of death and blood , I would encourage

a ritual environment to take the life , regardless of

a particular belief system based on moralistic values ;

I understand not all would agree , yet if I possibly

could be considered correct , why increase the power

base of such entities ?

Just a thought...of course then there are the logistics involved

of such an undertaking , involving large numbers of ritual deaths ;

On the other hand , the reduction of possible personal trauma ,

and the lessening of the cold sterility of modern technique , might

just counterbalance the effort involved ;

Again , of course , I believe the woman would have the final say...

Just my opinion...;)

PoetWarrior
Thought Provoker
United States
Joined 22nd Sep 2018

In my humble opinion (and via often confirmed experiences), the entities I trust the LEAST are governments and the Vatican.  Both have betrayed the trusts of individuals since their inceptions....both have lied, manipulated and violated the freedoms and individual rights of their constituencies since recorded history began.  Neither of these duplicitous organizations could EVER be trusted to decide a woman's inviolable rights, decisions and choices re: abortions!  Abrogating those decisions to either governments of The Vatican is impossible and doesn't bear thinking about.  The whole idea of rescinding abortion choice is ludicrous!  (Again, just my opinion).

rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012
Forum Posts: 2051

I was driving my girl to the clinic
I gave her a tea coz it was hot and
She drank and passed out so that was the start of a twelve hours road trip to my mammy in the Louisiana bayou I grew up.
Ain't no getting in or out unlessin it in your blood.
She done try run off I follow at a good distance
She going in circles all day, I watch her pound the Earth and sobbing
"Randy I know you following me
I give up" I don't fall for that an let her yell some more. When the nite start settling in
I figure it's time. I silently come up next to her standing there till she know I am there. She says " Damm you" , hitting at my boots. After enough of that I turn and walk away slow. She ain't gonna follow me until I can't see her
I make sure to step on all the sticks.
I try to sing her s love song but I can't sing much. When the morning gonna come the wildlife wakes up a while before Dawn
I make it to her room n lay my hand on the bed. I know she can feel me there but she pretends to sleep. When Dawn pushes it's way past frog chirps, I have already left to make some not quite orange juice n a couple fresh caught frogs. Then I'm off to check my traps.
Momma is cooking some bread. Ain't nothing like momma's bread.
I pray this city girl I call mine will settle down some.

Ralph_Tamez
Wasere
Twisted Dreamer
United States
Joined 20th Sep 2018
Forum Posts: 126

Not going to sit here and dwell on the unknown of somebody telling me to pray to whom I've never seen.. nor plan to.. a woman's body is her own.  I hope they do realize that when they abort it may make them miserable later on..

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018

You do realize I agreed with your first post , Poet Warrior ,

or I believe , Ted ?

PoetWarrior
Thought Provoker
United States
Joined 22nd Sep 2018

Yes.  It may be the only thing we agree on.  This is/has always been a hot button issue for me.  Both proponents of denying a woman's right to choice (government & Vatican) are corrupt, inept and BOTH think they know best....neither does....neither ever has (or ever will).   From the Borfias, the Medicis, the sale of indulgences and the pope who signed the Concordat with Hitler, all popes want to be governments and all governments salivate over the status and wealth of the Vatican  Both want to control people; I wouldn't trust either of them with decisions that might impact women (or men's) lives and bodies.

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018

Good enough...carry on...:)

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5601

In cases of rape, is the only instance that I, personally, would agree with abortion.  If the mother's or baby's life is in danger because of the pregnancy, more often than not, the mother will end up spontaneously miscarrying or have the baby surgically delivered, early, and so it goes from there, as I've  observed from having worked in a hospital for over 31 years.

If it's being used as a form of birth control or just because one doesn't feel like being a mom, well--there are people out there who can't have kids, put yours up for adoption.  

In cases of probably health issues/deformities in the child, well, are any of us perfect in all ways?  Even if I knew that my own daughter was going to be born with a Retinoblastoma (eye cancer) and end up as an epileptic in her teen years, I still wouldn't have aborted.  Yes, I pray, and yes, I believe in science too, as well as automatic castration for rapists.  Perhaps knowing your sentence before the crime, would deter a lot more would-be offenders, thus diminishing the rape-induced pregnancies, but wishful thinking, on my part.

PoetWarrior
Thought Provoker
United States
Joined 22nd Sep 2018

Madame Lavender, Though we disagree, I certainly see and understand your point.  Any elective procedure can be abused (with the complicity of Doctor and patient).  (By the way, I wonder if this is an appropriate topic for a poetry site...just a thought).   Your opinions are valued and respected!   Thanks, Ted

poet Anonymous

Fiercely pro-choice. Don’t really want to explain my reasoning... but I clicked on agree.

PoetWarrior
Thought Provoker
United States
Joined 22nd Sep 2018

Miss_Sub said:Fiercely pro-choice. Don’t really want to explain my reasoning... but I clicked on agree.

I AGREE!
If we allow government or religion to take that choice away from women, think of the precedent it will create.  A "woman's right to choose" MUST be upheld, without compromise of any kind.

Go to page:
Go to: