Go to page:

WHO IS AMERICA?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14577

lepperochan said:was not Henry Ford the outspoken ant-Semite who had slave labour, and prisoners of war work the assembly line in Germany. basically they (Ford) facilitated the Nazi regime in order to keep the cash register ringing. I dunno what that says to you

"I don't care how long it took us to enter.  We entered"

->"We refused to remain neutral like some countries waiting to see what foot to put down on the fence they straddled"<-

do you see what you did there?

I don't think you understand. but I'm delighted you've read into Ireland if even just for a few minutes. I was hoping you'd figure out Ireland entered ww1 with the rest of the UK. the amount of legally held and illegally held guns in the country numbered upwards of about 250,000 and there were more on the way. plus ...the British army was already there.  there was no conscription in Ireland, so those who joined up -volunteered- they were among the first to die, and stayed with their neighbours  for the duration of the war despite being 'at war' with the Royal family

the second world war saw the same volume of volunteers from the start until the end. they were again among the first of the British contingent to die, and they stayed there for the duration. the Irish government, being neutral had the right to shoot down any planes which flew into its airspace. ( like what Switzerland done) but never did. the merchant navy acted as lookout for german planes, boats and U-boats . and it was an Irish weather-man who saved D-day from disaster.  

you talk about the evil of the third Reich yet glorify the same evil which wiped out your own bloodline and stole their land  ...like wtf. I don't understand that at all. I mentioned the act of union which brought Ireland, Scotland and Wales into a kingdom with England (basically a piece of paper which decreed ownership) and you answered

" Marriages are but a piece of paper too.  So are land deeds and car titles.  They're still legally applicable"

..yet you talk about your war of independence like some piece of paper didn't decree the King's/ Queens ownership of America

then you said

" Well perhaps we'll become as Ireland; the northern part remaining a part of the US, and the Southern independent"

I'm wondering are you paying attention at all. I thought we'd established the Union of America conceded four states to to the Brittish. I named three of them for you ...smh  

"United States has also been recognized as the world’s most generous nation in the world, whose citizens give more to charity than any other country. "

you're talking about the people. I thought we were talking about the administrations. I think you'll find, if you look it up properly so was Ireland. but again, that's the people not the government. this particular government has very close ties to the fascists movement 'Blue shirts' which threatened to march on Dublin

"You might want to clean up your own doorstep before attempting to diss another's."

I have no control over what my governments have done so I don't really see I've a doorstep to clean. nor you for that matter. I'm attempting to use facts to illustrate why my opinion of American administrations is the way it is. I appreciate you are also trying to use facts, and you are finding a few, but you're not giving yourself an understanding of what you're reading before you pass it on here and that shows in the way you're presenting it. plus  

Thank you for your reply.  

I'm two shoots in the hole on editing and have a Monday deadline for both, additionally I'm working on a comp piece ( I feel it important to offset debate with writing ).  

I will address this asap, when I can devote the attention it deserves. However, and for the record, I learned much of what I've shared from my father, who was an avid history buff ( and most-likely scholar) well as education and personal studies/ research.  As I previously said, I almost chose to teach history.  

I'm not completely ignorant when it comes to war or Ireland.  Though I would like to delve deeper.  

And, yes, I see what I did; I held up a mirror.  Niether of us are responsible for our countries actions; however, you can't refer to the thousands of Irishmen who volunteered for the war ( which I previously credited along with a book, btw ) while discounting the thousands of Americans who give more charity than any other nationality in the world, because both actions were/are independent of the governments they serve.

Though personally I feel the people ARE the country.  Or, at least, supposed to be.  

As far as top charity givers, the last time I read something I believe Canada and New Zealand were 2nd / 3rd ( not sure if respectively ) with England 4th.  I don't know where Ireland placed, but I will check as requested and respond accordingly.

BBS!

write_er
Write-er
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 30th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 43

Ahavati said:

Thank you for your reply.  

I'm two shoots in the hole on editing and have a Monday deadline for both, additionally I'm working on a comp piece ( I feel it important to offset debate with writing ).  

I will address this asap, when I can devote the attention it deserves. However, and for the record, I learned much of what I've shared from my father, who was an avid history buff ( and most-likely scholar) well as education and personal studies/ research.  As I previously said, I almost chose to teach history.  

I'm not completely ignorant when it comes to war or Ireland.  Though I would like to delve deeper.  

And, yes, I see what I did; I held up a mirror.  Niether of us are responsible for our countries actions; however, you can't refer to the thousands of Irishmen who volunteered for the war ( which I previously credited along with a book, btw ) while discounting the thousands of Americans who give more charity than any other nationality in the world, because both actions were/are independent of the governments they serve.

Though personally I feel the people ARE the country.  Or, at least, supposed to be.  

As far as top charity givers, the last time I read something I believe Canada and New Zealand were 2nd / 3rd ( not sure if respectively ) with England 4th.  I don't know where Ireland placed, but I will check as requested and respond accordingly.

BBS!

Ahavati,   IMHO, you may think of that person's comments as "playful banter", but disrespect, implied anti-Semite "baiting" and dedicated anti-American diatribes are NOT to be played with...they are not meaningful dialectic... they are MALEVOLENT.   I had convinced myself that the O.P. was going to be respectful of you; I was mistaken.  He has now had one of his "comrades" trail me, offering less than subtle hints of my dismissal from the site.  PLEASE be careful which of the O.P.'s diatribes you respond to; rise above it...dignifying specious arguments brings you to his level.  As Miss Sub once admonished me, "This IS a poetry site!"   Please consider using the site's rules of decorum to report abusive and purely negative trolling.  YOU have better things to do than defend yourself against specious reasoning!   Just my opinion.  Be well, be happy,    T

write_er
Write-er
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 30th Oct 2018

Lep,  Surreptitious  recruitment of someone to warn me about possible site dismissal was unethical and irresponsible (and generally ignored as being an inaccurate accusation….I was the one being “trolled”; I simply responded in kind).  Further, despite your statement to the contrary, you ARE disrespecting Ahavati AND you seemed to be getting along with me….THAT turns out to be more disingenuous behavior, on your part.)   Please play your games elsewhere.  Thank you.  (By the way, you may "bait" me all you want...I now realize your plan and A) I won't reply and B) I will report you and your pal for "trolling."

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14456

This is all news to me. I merely asked who you were. I could care more, in fairness..*shrug* knock yourself out, sir

write_er
Write-er
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 30th Oct 2018

****IGNORED*****

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

write_er said:Lep,  Surreptitious  recruitment of someone to warn me about possible site dismissal was unethical and irresponsible (and generally ignored as being an inaccurate accusation….I was the one being “trolled”; I simply responded in kind).  Further, despite your statement to the contrary, you ARE disrespecting Ahavati AND you seemed to be getting along with me….THAT turns out to be more disingenuous behavior, on your part.)   Please play your games elsewhere.  Thank you.  (By the way, you may "bait" me all you want...I now realize your plan and A) I won't reply and B) I will report you and your pal for "trolling."

Firstly, I SEVERELY doubt Lepp recruited Cold Fusion to troll you.

Secondly, Cold Fusion didn't troll you. You made an incredibly hostile reply to which Cold Fusion called you out for. Cold Fusion probably should have just reported your post, but that was his call to make.  

Thirdly, Ahavati is well aware of Lepp's "debating tactics" and she is never deterred by such.  They were Moderators here together. We know how much he likes to indirectly put words in mouths not underneath his fully intact nose.

At ease, Soldier, and carry on the good fight.

write_er
Write-er
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 30th Oct 2018

ok....whatever you say.  I'd only be wasting your time with an explanation.
Thanks for the interest.   I plan to be permanently off the site by Nov. 14th anyway.
Again, thanks to you both-

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5598

write_er said:
  I plan to be permanently off the site by Nov. 14th anyway.
-

Then who will you come back as, after that?  Make sure you indicate all your other accounts in your profile, Surchoix/PoetWarrior/Writ-er, as it's site rules to disclose all accounts here as well as if you write elsewhere online, that way members here can know who is who.  Although, it's not really necessary to keep making new accounts each time you come and go ,you're more than welcome to remain past Nov 14th if you choose, and we do ask that all members steer clear of /keep the drama to a minimum, with other members that you (collective "you") may not always see eye to eye with or have had issue with in the past.  

write_er
Write-er
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 30th Oct 2018

MadameLavender said:

Then who will you come back as, after that?  Make sure you indicate all your other accounts in your profile, Surchoix/PoetWarrior/Writ-er, as it's site rules to disclose all accounts here as well as if you write elsewhere online, that way members here can know who is who.  Although, it's not really necessary to keep making new accounts each time you come and go ,you're more than welcome to remain past Nov 14th if you choose, and we do ask that all members steer clear of /keep the drama to a minimum, with other members that you (collective "you") may not always see eye to eye with or have had issue with in the past.  

Believe this: I will NOT be back.  The site is manipulated by members who are guilty of "hate speech", "trolling" and "intra-member" black-balling.  The forums permit unchecked insults and members who request honest (including negative) critiques dump those who suggest a piece may need improvement.  The first time I left, it was due to unprovoked bullying by one member, the 2nd time it was due to a suspected "black-ball" and this time it is due to 1 member manipulating another to falsely accuse me of trolling (when it was I who was being trolled.   BTW, you have a number of members with multiple screen names/icons.

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

write_er said:

Believe this: I will NOT be back.  The site is manipulated by members who are guilty of "hate speech", "trolling" and "intra-member" black-balling.  The forums permit unchecked insults and members who request honest (including negative) critiques dump those who suggest a piece may need improvement.  The first time I left, it was due to unprovoked bullying by one member, the 2nd time it was due to a suspected "black-ball" and this time it is due to 1 member manipulating another to falsely accuse me of trolling (when it was I who was being trolled.

Oh , we check everything—not to worry .  Every forum report that comes in, is checked , and before you go belly-up, crying “victim!”, may I remind you that we received quite a few hostile & accusatory messages from your own accounts , both here & at Facebook and also by email .

So.... if you can’t find it within you, to knock off the charade and participate here in a cordial, non-harassing and positive manner , then find another online outlet for yourself .

write_er
Write-er
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 30th Oct 2018

MadameLavender said:

Oh , we check everything—not to worry .  Every forum report that comes in, is checked , and before you go belly-up, crying “victim!”, may I remind you that we received quite a few hostile messages from your accounts , both here & at Facebook and also by email .

So.... if you can’t find it within you, to knock off the charade and participate here in a cordial, non-harassing and positive manner , then find another online outlet for yourself .

And what about the members who initiated hostile remarks aimed at me?  Their free and open expressions seem to be permitted....why are mine subject to different standards?  I'm sorry, I don't understand why "rules" seem unevenly applied.  I've also noticed members I've never had a cross word with have now blocked me without explanation; that would lead me to believe in some internal peer pressure.  You don't discipline BlackHawk or the vehemently anti-American I answered this morning....why is that? BOTH of them began conflicts, yet I am the one rebuked!

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

write_er said:

And what about the members who initiated hostile remarks aimed at me?  Their free and open expressions seem to be permitted....why are mine subject to different standards?  I'm sorry, I don't understand why "rules" seem unevenly applied.  I've also noticed members I've never had a cross word with have now blocked me without explanation; that would lead me to believe in some internal peer pressure.  You don't discipline BlackHawk or the vehemently anti-American I answered this morning....why is that? BOTH of them began conflicts, yet I am the one rebuked!

Rules are evenly applied and if it looks to you  like other members aren’t getting reprimands, then did it occur to you that perhaps we haven’t gotten any reports against them , and perhaps the reports are against you?  

Sorry—I spent 25 years in a marriage where everything was always everyone else’s fault except my now ex-husband’s;  I’m quite good at deciphering that particular mindset.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

write_er said:

The blocks are voluntary on behalf of all parties wishing to not be a part of drama spread through Private Messages.

DawnRaider
Dr
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 6awards
Joined 10th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 31

You are correct. It certainly isn't an appropriate site for politicking. However, since we are fortunate enough to have the right to freedom of expression it's as good a place as any to vent. Having said that we should still all behave with mutual respect and dignity - we are all entitled to our own viewpoint but this does not give us the right to inflict it upon others. Far better to express yourself within your poetry. That's what DUP is for.

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

write_er said:

Believe this: I will NOT be back.  The site is manipulated by members who are guilty of "hate speech", "trolling" and "intra-member" black-balling.  The forums permit unchecked insults and members who request honest (including negative) critiques dump those who suggest a piece may need improvement.  The first time I left, it was due to unprovoked bullying by one member, the 2nd time it was due to a suspected "black-ball" and this time it is due to 1 member manipulating another to falsely accuse me of trolling (when it was I who was being trolled.   BTW, you have a number of members with multiple screen names/icons.

From what I have read here and on your profile's, you pretty much gunned another female member down with both barrels on your last Ted profile, in three poems and on your about you. Which I myself found to be absolutely out of order.
You have also said some out of order things on here too, what was that comment alluding to an inflatable doll? a below the belt and uncalled for retort.
write_er said:

In the future, save your breath....you'll need it to inflate your date).

It's repetitive and the victim card doesn't wash because many of us have already read the things you said before you edited or removed it. A new profile doesn't erase what you have done in those other profiles, and I do not know why you are still allowed to create multiple profiles to cause so much drama when everyone else has to name their other profiles. What makes you the exception?

You have been coming here for a long time, so who knows how many other profiles you have. People would not block you without reason, that reason has come from your actions, no one else's. Own it.

Edited to add quote.

Go to page:
Go to: