Go to page:

WHO IS AMERICA?

write_er
Write-er
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 30th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 43

I realize that you have a great intellectual curiosity....so does Ahavati.  I appreciate you both...but I have a sort of reverence for Ahavati for a few reasons.  I think you may find she's appreciate your level-headed, empathetic kindness (and hope you'll offer it)!    Up 2 you, my friend...hope you'll consider this note.   Thanks!

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14457

I've no beef with the lady. I speak the way i speak. she knows that. I appeciate she was able to engage me and speak her mind. I also appreciate her opinion is her opinion.  

I think i've conducted myself decent enough here in fairness. but your note is noted

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

To show there's no hard feelings I give you an Americans take:

https://youtu.be/fgAVpPNusTs

'cept Umm, there's hard feelings there <3

*hat tip*

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14647

Firstly, you refuted nothing I previously said as false.  

Secondly, onto your latest:

lepperochan said:America refused to fight WW1 and WW2 until everyone was already half dead. Churchill, pleaded with the US to enter and they wouldn't. they rented tanks, jeeps etc

I don't care how long it took us to enter.  We entered, and because of it we ( all the countries who were protected from invasion and those who were liberated from German control ) defeated evil.  

We refused to remain neutral like some countries waiting to see what foot to put down on the fence they straddled.  

The point was, by gosh, we fought. And that's a FACT.

lepperochan said:
Ford supplied the Nazis.  . . .numerous US companys supplied the Nazis. Its where the Bush dynasty came from

You're kidding, right? Both Ford and GM were accused of profiting from Nazi regime.  Those allegations were reviewed and refuted 25 years ago in congressional hearings ( when more individuals with first-hand knowledge of the facts were actually available then ).

Many countries ( including yours ) were negotiating with Germany, whose claims included being interested in peaceful solutions. The United States was talking to Germany until the two countries went to war.

The IRA collaborated DURING World War II, and only ended when defeat of the Axis forces was seen as probable.

You might want to clean up your own doorstep before attempting to diss another's.  

lepperochan said:Warriors born and bred.

the true American warriors were wiped out by your founding fathers and their army, and their people.

Not all of us were.  Roughly 25,000 Native Americans had a presence just in WWII.  As the Jews, we can't be wiped out.

lepperochan said:
its true though, there is a nation of soldiers. there's not 20 countries on the planet America hasn't been in conflict with.

but, in real terms. there has to be a nation of soldiers. The US is stretched. its in Africa, Aisia, Europe, and Antartica

But WHY has the US been at war?  Why is a very important question which will undoubtedly yield debatable answers, e.g. - profit, oil, human interest, the good of mankind, et al.  

lepperochan said:
It has sanctioned its allies on goods inwards, left the UN human rights, walked away from the Iran deal, built an embassy in Jeruselem, walked away from the missile pact

The United States has also been recognized as the world’s most generous nation in the world, whose citizens give more to charity than any other country.

And if war is warranted, we'll be there.

lepperochan said:
on top of all that the country appears on the brink of civil war.

Well perhaps we'll become as Ireland; the northern part remaining a part of the US, and the Southern independent?

Though I think the simplest solution is to get Trump out of office.  

lepperochan said:
edit: Northern Ireland wouldnt have existed had the nazis won. the question is would the republic ?

not many people on the island (including the government) wanted the nazis to win. but the war was Irelands chance to gain its full independence

[Ireland became part of the UK through the act of union. badically a piece of paper which said the king owned it. it would be like your neighbour writing a post it claiming your land is now part of his]

Marriages are but a piece of paper too.  So are land deeds and car titles.  They're still legally applicable.

To believe the Nazis would've granted Ireland her independence is a pipe-dream, imnsho.  Germany would've ruled that country as it did all others it conquered.  

My reference to Belfast was that should England have fallen, Northern Ireland ( I believe ) would've resisted German occupation unless threatened to an extreme.

Ireland as a whole would've been name only under German control.  

Like the afrementioned American factory of Ford, the Germans would've siezed control of Irish factories and major businesses to insure a profit from them.

Then "Ireland" would've been accused of collaborating with the Nazi's to dominate the rest of the world, just as American companies in Germany were.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14647

lepperochan said:I've no beef with the lady. I speak the way i speak. she knows that. I appeciate she was able to engage me and speak her mind. I also appreciate her opinion is her opinion.  

I think i've conducted myself decent enough here in fairness. but your note is noted

I'm enjoying the conversation as well. The art of debate has been lost to personal attacks or inflated egos unwilling to engage facts for the most part.  

This seems refreshing sans a few bumps.  

write_er
Write-er
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 30th Oct 2018

deleted

Umm
Dangerous Mind
1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 2387

lepperochan said:
'cept Umm, there's hard feelings there <3

*hat tip*

*pouts*

e: regarding the thread, it has been interesting, ..Astyanax's last point seemed most pragmatic to me

write_er
Write-er
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 30th Oct 2018

Please don't pout...tas ir labi, es ceru.    :-)
-Ted

Umm
Dangerous Mind
1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 2387

that's cute ^-^

write_er
Write-er
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 30th Oct 2018

Paldies, Dama!  :-)

write_er
Write-er
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 30th Oct 2018

Astyanax said:
Spoken like a true American - insular, ignorant and boastful. Oh, and wrong. Your president is a fitting representative for your country.

Astyanax, Please forgive me for my tardy response to your ignorance. Since your comments qualify as "hate-speech", I'll reciprocate: Your uninformed opinion (made by someone not even involved in my country's affairs) caused me to vomit.  In the future, save your breath....you'll need it to inflate your date).

cold_fusion
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 20awards
Joined 14th June 2017
Forum Posts: 5299

write_er said:

Astyanax, Please forgive me for my tardy response to your ignorance. Since your comments qualify as "hate-speech", I'll reciprocate: Your uninformed opinion (made by someone not even involved in my country's affairs) caused me to vomit.  In the future, save your breath....you'll need it to inflate your date).

Just letting you know about the DU Policy...of stating your other profiles on this site dear user current and or previous ones.
Trolling is something that is very closely watched and dealt with here. Strong opinions is one thing, mentioning on your profile about other users shows more about yourself than them. Grievances please leave them to your pm's or take them to the mods. Strong opinions are welcome. Trolling is not. Hope you get the message.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

was not Henry Ford the outspoken ant-Semite who had slave labour, and prisoners of war work the assembly line in Germany. basically they (Ford) facilitated the Nazi regime in order to keep the cash register ringing. I dunno what that says to you

"I don't care how long it took us to enter.  We entered"

->"We refused to remain neutral like some countries waiting to see what foot to put down on the fence they straddled"<-

do you see what you did there?

I don't think you understand. but I'm delighted you've read into Ireland if even just for a few minutes. I was hoping you'd figure out Ireland entered ww1 with the rest of the UK. the amount of legally held and illegally held guns in the country numbered upwards of about 250,000 and there were more on the way. plus ...the British army was already there.  there was no conscription in Ireland, so those who joined up -volunteered- they were among the first to die, and stayed with their neighbours  for the duration of the war despite being 'at war' with the Royal family

the second world war saw the same volume of volunteers from the start until the end. they were again among the first of the British contingent to die, and they stayed there for the duration. the Irish government, being neutral had the right to shoot down any planes which flew into its airspace. ( like what Switzerland done) but never did. the merchant navy acted as lookout for german planes, boats and U-boats . and it was an Irish weather-man who saved D-day from disaster.  

you talk about the evil of the third Reich yet glorify the same evil which wiped out your own bloodline and stole their land  ...like wtf. I don't understand that at all. I mentioned the act of union which brought Ireland, Scotland and Wales into a kingdom with England (basically a piece of paper which decreed ownership) and you answered

" Marriages are but a piece of paper too.  So are land deeds and car titles.  They're still legally applicable"

..yet you talk about your war of independence like some piece of paper didn't decree the King's/ Queens ownership of America

then you said

" Well perhaps we'll become as Ireland; the northern part remaining a part of the US, and the Southern independent"

I'm wondering are you paying attention at all. I thought we'd established the Union of America conceded four states to to the Brittish. I named three of them for you ...smh  

"United States has also been recognized as the world’s most generous nation in the world, whose citizens give more to charity than any other country. "

you're talking about the people. I thought we were talking about the administrations. I think you'll find, if you look it up properly so was Ireland. but again, that's the people not the government. this particular government has very close ties to the fascists movement 'Blue shirts' which threatened to march on Dublin

"You might want to clean up your own doorstep before attempting to diss another's."

I have no control over what my governments have done so I don't really see I've a doorstep to clean. nor you for that matter. I'm attempting to use facts to illustrate why my opinion of American administrations is the way it is. I appreciate you are also trying to use facts, and you are finding a few, but you're not giving yourself an understanding of what you're reading before you pass it on here and that shows in the way you're presenting it. plus  

write_er
Write-er
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 30th Oct 2018

To correct you...I was the one being trolled!  I simply responded to the troll's hyper-negative comments.  I hope you will review the circumstances and revise your accusation of me.

write_er
Write-er
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 30th Oct 2018

cold_fusion said:

Just letting you know about the DU Policy...of stating your other profiles on this site dear user current and or previous ones.
Trolling is something that is very closely watched and dealt with here. Strong opinions is one thing, mentioning on your profile about other users shows more about yourself than them. Grievances please leave them to your pm's or take them to the mods. Strong opinions are welcome. Trolling is not. Hope you get the message.

I am the one who has been trolled!  I have since blocked that person.  Please re-read the forum to find that I am more victim than perpetrator.  Dialectic elsewhere became "hate speech" for him.  (I hope you have shared your warning with the OTHER party!)  Thank you!

Go to page:
Go to: