Go to page:

WHO IS AMERICA?

LunasChild8
Dangerous Mind
Canada 21awards
Joined 27th Dec 2017
Forum Posts: 536

I didn't read all of the comments since there's so much (excuse my laziness). I'll try to be the stereotypical Canadian by "keeping the peace" here.

Everyone has the right to their own opinion; free speech is a right of Western Civilization. We must protect it instead of allowing ourselves to be cowed into giving it up simply because we "offend" a mass of sensitive individuals who can't handle hearing differing opinions from their own. From what I've read here, despite your differing opinions, you've all mostly managed to be respectful towards each other, so kudos for that. As Benjamin Franklin once said: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Keep in mind that most of the actions that America took was done so by the government who didn't bother asking their own citizens if they wanted to go to war or not. Basically, don't assume that all Americans are greedy, war-mongering imbeciles because of the actions of their leaders.

It's quite annoying seeing people talk trash about America, or any country for that matter, as if they have the qualifications to do so. Same goes for America trying to get involved in other countries businesses. People should stick to their own politics instead of worrying about the elections of a foreign sovereign nation. In my case, I just worry about Canadian politics since it affects me immediately and pretty much 100%.

Although this is not a topic I'd expect to be discussed on a poetry website, we still have the right to do so (for now, anyways). Keep your heads cool (this dreadful winter certainly is doing that to me!), and keep on writing poetry. c:

darel2020
Lost Thinker
Joined 6th Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 29

write_er said:I still say that this is NOT an appropriate thread for a POETRY website.  
You are partly right. Poet, reflects and resonates with everything that happens to him, and the political aspects too. Revolutions have always been accompanied by free poetry and freedom of speech and freedom of thought.

darel2020
Lost Thinker
Joined 6th Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 29

In general, the connection between poetry and politics is a rather interesting thing.

Go to page:
Go to: