Page:

pharmaceutical drugs and medical malpractice.

itshandzon
G Bless
Strange Creature
Canada
Joined 15th May 2018
Forum Posts: 1

anybody who was a victim or who knows someone who was a victim of medical malpractice and pharmaceutical drugs! lets talk and share our stories here...

RevolutionAL
Alistair Plint
Dangerous Mind
South Africa 29awards
Joined 24th July 2012
Forum Posts: 1257

itshandzon said:anybody who was a victim or who knows someone who was a victim of medical malpractice and pharmaceutical drugs! lets talk and share our stories here...

Gotta say I've never experienced this, directly but I do wonder often. In a multi billion gold bar industry, how much of it occurs. I mean, it must be the biggest and most expensive industry in the world.

One such moment of wonder (while not direct mulpractice) was recently, a family member who had lived to be old (not only in years, physically too) ended up with serious issues of heart, kidneys and breathing, while he lay in ICU a few weeks the medical people seemingly did all they could to keep him alive and well life ended 3 months later after having spent the whole 3 months in hospital on every type of drug, operation and tool to keep "help him".

I wondered how much of that was blatent profiteering by doctors and hospitals. Because they knew how it would end and of that I'm sure.

Not being direct family, I have no idea what was or was not communicated to the direct family (adult offspring) but I reckon the knowledgable kept the expensive stuff going for the money.

Dunno that I feel that type of thing is ethical at all.

But I have also met people who reckon the increase in diagnosed cancer doesn't add up and if you think about how badly Chemo deteriates a body and how much money it generates. I reckon there must be cases like that. We can't assume just because a person has a medical degree they're more honest than a motor mechanic or any other trade. Can we?

poet Anonymous

It’s not mispractice so to speak, but as many of you know, I’m rather ill.

I always find it frightening the ease of which they are willing to pump me full of drugs, but when I ask about more holistic practices, or diet changes or exercise therapies... a lot of them don’t want to know.

I know for a fact that the medication I’m on that keeps me balanced I just can’t do without now. They say that tablets aren’t addictive, but the last time I tried to come off them I literally nearly threw myself in front of a bus (not exaggerating)

I wonder how necessary and how fair that is to us as human beings. I mean when you’re ill, you pretty much go through the motions about what’s best for you. But is it fair when our bodies become hooked on it through no real fault of our own and then can’t not have it?

Not so much.

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5598

Money makes the healthcare world go 'round.. The more the docs push pills, the more cash kickback they get from pharma companies , so hey, why not pass them out like candy, instead of trying alternate methods ?

Umm
Dangerous Mind
1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 2373

Oh this is interesting. I don't have anything original to contribute ..(or many experiences with doctors/drugs), but I can name at least two problems which I think sort of contribute to medical malpractice at a very fundamental level:

1. Unreliable lab animals: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11909679

"We observe that captive-rodent breeding protocols, designed to increase reproductive output, simultaneously exert strong selection against reproductive senescence and virtually eliminate selection that would otherwise favor tumor suppression. ..these animals are unreliable models of normal senescence and tumor formation. Safety tests employing these animals likely overestimate cancer risks and underestimate tissue damage and consequent accelerated senescence." - Bret Weinstein

2. I'm not sure if it's as big of a problem anymore, but I've read that a number of clinical trials go unpublished...and that it skews doctors' understanding of certain drugs, treatments, and their possible side effects

Page:
Go to: