Go to page:

Do you overlook people less advanced than you ?

Lothbrok
Jadie Angelik
Twisted Dreamer
1awards
Joined 20th Aug 2018
Forum Posts: 22

I don’t think I’m better than anyone really so I don’t mean to overlook, but I’m sure it’s happened from time to time if something doesn’t grab my attention, although it would be nice to help coach others and collaborate to better each other in a sense, though over a pc/ mobile device it’s difficult to get a connection than if you were standing in front of each other..

BargainBinPoet
Bargain Bin Poet
Lost Thinker
Joined 3rd Sep 2018
Forum Posts: 7

Hells to the bells nah
Shoot, I have to look so far up to see all da otha poits on here, my nex bone has a permanent crink to it,

I don’t read the best anyways
so wen I do read sum poems I need Siri to explain and sexplain some of da werds

But itsa allgood. I’m here to learn, grow, as a poitologist.

LobodeSanPedro
Tyrant of Words
Sierra Leone 109awards
Joined 16th Apr 2013
Forum Posts: 3304

Writing is ... eh.  I'm hardly anyone's better or more advanced ...

Human nature dictates that we fall into comfortable routines and niches, ergo I'm probably missing out on some great new poets on this site because I'm comfortable with what I know ...

Mix in grad school and a baby daughter, and I hardly get a chance to read, and comment at all ... certainly not on the level that I used to.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Cyndi_Moone
Thought Provoker
United States 3awards
Joined 13th Dec 2016
Forum Posts: 180

Every writer has his/her own style.  At the end of the day, it is all an ART...We can appreciate beautiful painting art like Bob Ross (simple) and yet so ELEGANT.  Some can appreciate and even understand ABSTRACT painting.   Some can appreciate and understand the beauty of BOTH, while others may have preference.

Writing is definitely an art in the same manner.  I can appreciate and even associate with Ruth Everding Libbey's style (That Bad Boy) or Shel Silverstein....(Sick / What's In the Sack)....but find beauty and admiration in just a few comprehensible Shakespearean lines..... (i'm not a Shakespearean myself).....but "Emerald Moon"..... (Amelia - DUP Poet) Whoa!  Though I may not see a connection or even understand the metaphor, I can definitely admire the poetic artistry of the word art.....

In conclusion to the answer of your question:  It's all about the writer and reader themselves.  It's a personal taste" of reader and writer.....:).....

Go to page:
Go to: