Go to page:

A heartfelt apology to all the members of DU.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Poetryman
Tyrant of Words
United States 29awards
Joined 14th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 1530

The trouble with Americans is we all wish we could save the world, never realizing we can't save ourselves or agree on what the world and America need saving from. Turns out, it's just us. Too many opinions and too few solutions...
I'm an American and I don't own a gun, I don't need a law to tell me not to buy one...
JJ

snugglebuck
Dangerous Mind
United States 77awards
Joined 3rd Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 1873

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

Like most American's, I'm proud of my country, but an exception is our nation's gun fetish.  It is an evil that has gone completely out of hand.  More disturbing than school shootings, are instances of children shooting children.

When I say children, I'm referring to grade school children, some as young as three.

I'm ashamed.  Very ashamed.  

snugglebuck
Dangerous Mind
United States 77awards
Joined 3rd Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 1873

Poetryman said:The trouble with Americans is we all wish we could save the world, never realizing we can't save ourselves or agree on what the world and America need saving from. Turns out, it's just us. Too many opinions and too few solutions...
I'm an American and I don't own a gun, I don't need a law to tell me not to buy one...
JJ

Well said poetry man.

What troubles me is why people believe a gun is the only way to defend oneself.  

For a time in my life, I worked as an armed security guard in a housing project.  I dreaded the thought that I might be expected to take someone's life.  From my experience, I've always argued with folks that they'd be better off buying pepper spray, or something else.  With so many effective, non lethal, weapons on the market, why folks contend the only way to defend themselves is with deadly force is insane.

Poetryman
Tyrant of Words
United States 29awards
Joined 14th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 1530

You know, you can buy paint ball guns and use pepper spray balls in them. They actually sell them pre-made and market them for personal safety. If you're not careful, you could poke somebody's eye out with that thing...
Lol

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Go to page:
Go to: