is there a balance between bdsm and sexual harassment/assaul

sweetdevil
CortneyB
Thought Provoker
United States 4awards
Joined 21st June 2013
Forum Posts: 533

I've experienced both.
I've both had consensual sex where I was tied down, gagged, choked, spanked, scratched until my back was red and near bleeding, bitten...

I've also been hollered at, groped, had people call me a slut, spreading rumors about having been with me, telling me I deserve to be raped...
And we can't forget that I've been drunk, held down, choked, and assaulted, then trapped on a boat with the man for over a week. (Trust me, I wish I could.)

Trust  me. THERE IS A DIFFERENCE. There is definitely a balance to it.
Its all about consent, and trust.

SweetOblivion
Tyrant of Words
49awards
Joined 6th July 2014
Forum Posts: 72

the difference is consent

UbiquitousVoid
. . . . . . . . .
Thought Provoker
United States 11awards
Joined 11th Sep 2016
Forum Posts: 245

It's BDSM as long as both parties consent to it. But as soon as one party says to stop, the other party must comply or it becomes assault. Also, its not BDSM as long as either party is inebriated or under the influence of mind-altering substances, because you cannot legally give consent at that point.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14457

all good and valid points. consensus  leans towards the logical conclusion.

@Todski

I've thought about this whole respect business. the more I think about it the more I wonder what it is exactly.  is it a feeing ?   is it adhering to rules and regulations ?not heckling a person onstage?

is it not slapping grandad in the face to wake him up ...or would it depend on how old the perp what done the slapping was

what does it mean to 'pay respect'

what sanctions are applied when you (anyone in the audience) withdraw respect. in your experience how has it affected the person's life or well-being

I put it to you all respect is nothing but a false economy. can't be bought or sold. because it doesn't exist (yes, I've changed my position) ...or only exists in its negative state ie disrespect

@poetryman

I agree, the rules of engagement may make saints of us all. ..where would the fun be in that. sadly that particular ship left it's harbour already

I was thinking maybe your issue with BDSM could have stemmed from -based on a true story- type stuff. I can say with all honesty, having spent some time chatting  to members of and reading about different communities.  the community  you refer to would eject any persons who displayed such behaviours  

thank you, you're all beautiful

..yes, including you too

you're welcome

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
RByron418
R Byron Johnson
Twisted Dreamer
United States
Joined 16th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 48

People don't live according to the fucking dictionary definition of things

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Umm
Dangerous Mind
1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 2387

RByron418 said:People don't live according to the fucking dictionary definition of things

They are helpful for communication and understanding concepts and stuff but that's about it. my cat and virtually all other animals don't live according to the dictionary definition of things so why should I.

(i. e., I agree with you)

0bs3ss3dp0ss3ss3d
William Colten Sorrells
Thought Provoker
United States 2awards
Joined 23rd Jan 2017
Forum Posts: 133

SweetOblivion said:the difference is consent

Exactly what I was about to say

LibraSoul96
Fire of Insight
United States 1awards
Joined 1st July 2015

Can someone further explain the pros and cons of bdsm??

Umm
Dangerous Mind
1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015

LibraSoul96 said: As women we should take a stand and fight for our rights when it comes to freedom and how the temple (our bodies) are being treated.

my body is a synagogue

and I think most people should be mostly able to decide for themselves how they want their bodies to be treated. It seems counterproductive to decide what's acceptable for women as a whole solely based on what you personally approve of

LibraSoul96
Fire of Insight
United States 1awards
Joined 1st July 2015

I get u

Umm
Dangerous Mind
1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015

good ^~^