Go to page:

is there a balance between bdsm and sexual harassment/assaul

Poetryman
Tyrant of Words
United States 29awards
Joined 14th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 1531

is there a balance between bdm and sexual harassment/assault?

Is the way men mistreat women in society related to how men want domination in the bedroom?
What about female Doms? How about female bosses?
I've had many female managers and supervisors over the years. None sexually harassed me, but I often thought about calling them b!+©#'$...
What do you think?

JJ

poet Anonymous

I don’t think there is a balance as such but I think there is a big difference. The difference being sexual harrasment or assault doesn’t have another’s consent whereas BDSM could be considered a sexual preference and has ones consent. Also, you are able to stop BDSM practices if you like whereas you may not be able to stop a sexual assault.

I don’t think it’s related to how men treat women in society because many women like to be dominant in the bedroom, I think it’s simply a sexual preference that you can choose to engage in or not. I think attitudes in society towards women run far deeper than sexual dominance and come from so many different places.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

What part would you like me to elaborate on?

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

The attitude that men are superior to women in most ways. That is not to tar all men with the same brush, as not all men think like that, however it is an underlying problem that’s having a lot of light shed on it in society. I’m not going to go too deep into it because I think if you do some research there are a million examples of how men dominate in society over women (or appear to), not to say that there aren’t powerful and dominating women in the world too as there are. It is a very complex subject and you can only come to your own conclusions based on research, your own experiences (which obviously you won’t have as a woman), I mean even down to the gender pay gap you have to really delve into those aspects in our society to understand it a bit more. I am aware that men too get sexually assaulted and the like, I’m not sure how many men are touched without consent on a daily basis due to underlying attitudes though.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

Well that’s precisely my point, it’s all from our own perspectives, subject to interpretation and different perceptions which is why I won’t go into it because it’s too complex. Plus, we are all human and have different experiences, responses, opinions, facts, issues. I’m not going to sit here and say my life has been ruined by the existence of men and their attitudes as it hasn’t.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14457

Is the way *some* men mistreat women in society related to how *those* men want domination in the bedroom?  yes, of course.

that said, some of those some men might be homosexual..

Bible tells us about Eve. i'd hazzard a guess that right there is where a lot of women's societal issues stem from.

at the end of the day -people mistreat people- the world is full of it. its handy to have a demon to blame, but history shows us both genders have their share of mentally disturbed

I don't really see the correlation between sexual harrasment and BDSM

poet Anonymous

Hello.

BDSM requires the consent of both parties. If it’s not safe, sane, and consensual then it’s not part of the BDSM spectrum.

Sexual harassment / assault is not consensual. There lies the difference. I guess that’s the black and white answer.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

Hullo and good greetings

could be onto something there. I mean, early cave man simply found a mate and knocked her dafuk out...

I listened to some guy on the radio talking about how our primal instinct and actions died when we started farming. he made a bit of sense

[ on a side note, there's a thing called sexsomnia. it's a rare condition where a person will engage in activities while asleep.]

I think maybe both genders have the same primary objectives -survive and multiply-  

we may have to accept these tendencies of disrespect, violence and such are universal among all genders. its a people thing. perhaps its more prevalent within males because strength and power.

that said, there are the obvious cases of Elizabeth  Bathroy, Queens and such. because power

no question some young people could watch shades of Gray or something and get the wrong idea. probably a guidance issue

[ on another side side note I think  any person who  sexually assaults another person should be chemically castrated. end of]

anyhow. intresting conversations.  I thought about hitting my mother. I dont think I ever did, though I slammed my bedroom door and caught her arm (accident) apart from that I've never hit any female.

that said, fell in love with a lady who introduced me to her world . it was the most exciting period in my life for a longe time. can guarantee the lady knows more about anatomy, and pleasure than most of us. shout out to little Kat ♡

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

didn't really put much thought into the meat and potatoes of the casterations. but for the sake of clarity I'd be talking about no-brainer cases where people were violated against will. like agents of a God for instance who, both male and female abuse[d] at will. sometimes to point of death. there are of course other examples, church is the easiest for illustration purposes

I think the eye contact thing is bazaar. I hope it doesn't spread. I mean, come on. with everything else the justice system has to deal with, now there's going to be laws on eye contact

it takes two people to have a successful eye contact. what's up with that case closed, good fellow.

at the end of day, in terms of castration. chemical casteration can be temporary. more than that it supresses the feelings and urges which fuel and drive the attacks

I dont know about effects of social dynamics of men. that said, I think your question could have been based on a more far-reaching law

I offer a fullpology for the brief change of direction of thread :

i think we need to get used to looking at each other as people. so many boxes, division, minorities, majority

When we see each other as people we will be the people -The good book of Soźe

I think respect, equality would follow. and the radical change of social dynamics should lead to a better quality of life for everyone.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Go to page:
Go to: