Hi

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14458

Hello and good tidings.

there's some new adds popping up on my mobile. they're the same colour as the site ( very sneaky ..tsk tsk) and are ultra sensitive to touch. they also pop up at the bottom of my mobile every couple of seconds

seems like we're being pushed and plauged  to subscribe to the site...

"hate adds, why not subscribe"

edit:

totally understand it's your site. these new adverts are different. the way they're presented they look like part of DU. seems like trickery

that's all I wanted to say. thank you for reading. you are all nearly as beautiful as Anna Grinn

admin
DU Webmistress
Mistress of the Underground
1awards

Hello sir,

I'm trying out a new ad network, as I want to remove the Taboola adverts that I've always thought are quite low quality. Currently the site is a bit "ad-tastic" as I have both bits running, although I have moved the Taboola ones right to the bottom, out of the way.

The new ad network is associated with Yahoo, so should be decent.

They themselves have done the changes to make the adverts the same colour as the site, as part of their "optimisation". They want a few weeks to tweak things and then we'll have to see how it's panning out.

The mobile adverts (stuck to the bottom) are also something they have added.

Clearly their aim is to generate as much exposure as possible, whereas mine is to balance the generating of  revenue to pay for running the site, with user experience. Being mindful of user experience, is why I removed all the adverts at the top of the site a while back, and thereby pushed advertising lower down on the pages.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14458

Hello, good Lady

ahh, makes sense they done it themselves. I clicked on one (by accident) said "see through swim-wear" bought me somewhere where there was no swim-wear to be seen.   ...which, in fairness was true to word

they're very sensitive, more so than tabola. and more psyche-op-like.

wanted to vent my frustration. many thanks for your indulgence.

I've just realized they're probably watching. they're probably coming for me now..

poet Anonymous

With the new ads it's virtually impossible for me to access the site on my phone or tablet. "Accidental" redirection is practically nonstop. Slows down and complicates regular activity. I hope it sorts out soon. 🤞

Page:
Go to: