The political climate has changed dramatically for many countries over the last year. You can leave aside the details of your own particular political views for your area. Instead, provide a universal message to all politicians and influencers around the world, in order that they might do better, for all people.
This is our visual poetry monthly competition for May 2017. The winner and any runners up will get their poem featured on our official social media pages. Create a poem as an image. RULES
- 50 word limit
- Your image must include the full text of your poem
- Don't use photos or artwork which are copyrighted by someone else.
- Ensure the text of the poem is large enough, clear and readable even on small devices like mobile phones.
- You agree by entering to let us post your image on our various social media accounts (Instagram etc.). You will be credited by username in the caption.
- Max two entries per person.
HOW TO ENTER
- Create an image with your poem text. This can be plain, or you can include image(s) or a background. Be creative.
- If it's a new poem, then post it on DU using "submit poem". Attach the image to your poem, selecting the "visual poem" option.
- Use the "Enter Competition" button on this thread, and select your visual poem. NEED HELP MAKING AN IMAGE? https://pablo.buffer.com/ https://www.canva.com/ http://www.fotor.com/app.html#!module/design/tool/Design
Why social media? It's a great way to reach a broader audience and get new people interested in poetry.