United States 4awards
Joined 30th July 2015
Forum Posts: 103

Poetry Contest

Submit a paragraph form biography/memoir
One month
One story
Biography/Memoir form

I want to get to know you, to see who you are by reading a story from your life.

PLEASE use the wonderful tools of grammar, spelling (check) and punctuation!

PLEASE include a link to your piece so others can view and comment directly.

PLEASE visit, read and comment on artists' pieces (not here in the thread)

Examples
http://deepundergroundpoetry.com/poems/216837-a-slip/
http://deepundergroundpoetry.com/poems/217197-date-two-falls-through-turns-impromptu/
http://deepundergroundpoetry.com/poems/217236-real-friends/

personanongrata
Astral Gift
Thought Provoker
Greece 5awards
Joined 8th June 2015
Forum Posts: 272

http://deepundergroundpoetry.com/poems/207996-self-knowledge/

I hate myself
I want him dead
"But you can't kill me" once he said,

"cause if you do
you'll be dead too
and noone is going to cry for you".

Get to know to yourself better
you're about to enter a shelter
Learn your fucking list of traits
change yourself your life awaits.

Traits you should embrace and hold
Traits you should erase as told
Traits you should change a bit
for you in society to fit.

Well, I,
with my conscious with sense
with this confession as a defense
admit how horrible I am
so stupid, irresponsible and dumb.

I have lost fourteen years
I've cried with fake and real tears
I've sold my soul I've given up
And still I sense an inner gap.

What should I do? Must I pray?
I am three hundrent miles away
Away from home away from sin
I don't think that running away means win
cause someday you may go back
so measure then your strength and luck..

How the hell did I get here? I can say..

there are certain rules a kid has to obey..

My indifferent folks, my low self esteem
the fact that I wanted to be a part of a fuckin' team
To face reality my mom drunk galons of white wine
She used to ask me "are you ok?"
I was always saying "I'm fine."

I wish I could say we lived happily ever after
but a 25% alc./vol bottle had been her only daughter.

I didn't care until I saw her whittled coffin
The second funeral in my life,

about the first.. I don't like talking
I'll tell you what, then people labeled me as a widow
blackdressed and pale looking out of my rehab wide window.

I tried to change but I was terrified by me silver
the sickness was just in my head,

but I was burned by a real fever.

I thought I'll be fine but I've been hiding behind of..my finger
If I hah had a revolver backthen,

I would had pulled the trigger.

I started writing words inspired by a guitar
as I was running on a highway,

three dudes, me and their car.

I am so sick of this life
I wish for a different way of living
never to think of fucking dust
or my sight like knife on the ceiling

I have a feeling
I have to find my final destination
It isn't death
It isn't cash
It isn't recognation.

I realized that I had found a soulmate in a crazy island
We couldn't stop speaking even when we were silent
I don't know why but I felt like I'd been knowing him for years
We both have fought ourselves while facing our tremendous fears.

calamitygin
Jennifer Michael McCurry
Tyrant of Words
United States 28awards
Joined 22nd June 2015
Forum Posts: 2047

Embarrased to admit i dont know how to include link. Will figure it out and add. Enjoy this piece of my hillbilly nature!

An almost unbelievable tale of Hillbilly lust

Let me start by swearin my attraction to an occasional dusty ol juke joint was no cliche preachers daughter rebellion.      
A good American girl, loved my Daddy, Jesus,  and both their good names.      
But the appeal and anononimoty of the sin and frolic rockin 'n rollin out those doors! Too much.      
Was just the temptation to do me in.      
At least i had respect enough to scratch that itch three counties away.      
I had needs to be met.      

And damned those needs.      
Damn the need for the whine and moan from the likes of Hank Williams and Patsty Cline.      
Double damned the need for the warm thrill and taste of gin.      
And triple damned the need for a spin with a good ol country boy gone ornery!      

Pardon, a necessary preface to my hot and bothered at him walkin in the door of my good Daddy's store.      
And now i go on to the gritty of the nitty..      

It started a dull thing of a day, was doin payroll, startled by the chimes announcing someone comin in.      

I recognised him immediately from my last carouse about.      
A deep blush risin and sweatin the thought of my cover blown, i tried very hard not to stare.      
But good God he was sexy, all blue jeans and swagger, he strode right up with a wicked shit eatin grin.      

"Hey baby i remember that shakin!"      
He says.      
Prayin my resolve would cover the weak in my knees i answered, "I'm sure you dont!" fightin hard the smile curling up the sides of my mouth.      
He laughs "Yeah, what time you want me to pick you up?"      
"Are you kidding!? Not on your life." I heard myself sayin, unconvinced.      
The white hot flash in his devastating blue eyes nearly melted my ice bitch.      
Then he turned around laughin said "Alrighty hun, i can read the hours on the door."      

The rest of the day went by in a haze of tryin to focus vs. the tickle between my legs every time i thought of him.      

Finally it turned time to close, hatin how scared i was at the thought of him not bein outside in that parking lot.      

But of course there he was. Lookin so cool 'n tough. Leanin up against his rusty red pick-up truck.      
Said "cool baby, hop on in."      

Wasn't much talkin on the long bumpy ride to his place. Dirt roads can seem endless.      
That one sure as hell did.      

There was certainly no ceremony upon arrival, just a "Baby hop on out."      
He was off, no help with my door.      

Greeted by the blackest dog you ever saw, sniffin at my crotch and nippin at my skirt. Guess like dog like owner. I was seriously doubting my judgement at this point.      

The insides of his trailer left no stereotype untouched, of your corn fed Ozark's man.      
Prise fish mounted on the wall, Budweiser cans as far as the eyes could see, and a guitar laid out on the couch.      

Thinkin to myself, good thing this was just a fuck. I mean, this dude would play a precious Montegue to my Capulet.      

Opening the door to his bedroom he pointed me the way, says "Get ready sugar,  gonna make you squeal!"      

And after things got goin, it wasn't too long, until like a stuck pig, squeal i did!      
You can't  imagine the sounds comin outta that room. Like thunder scared livestock, huffin and pantin and snortin. Fuck! There may have been a whinney! He did ride me like Seabuiscuit. I mean rode hard and most definitely put away soakin wet.      

Then suddenly he shouts "Glory!" and it was over as fast as it had started.. He grinned at me and rolled over. I lay there stunned and spent.      

I sat up on the edge of the bed. Not sure what to think. Then noticed my name on the top of a piece of paper on the nightstand. I picked it up and immediately read.      

It was the fumbly beginnings of an actually quite poetic love song.      
Quadruple damned the pounding in my now softening heart.      

I lay back down, spooned up behind him, and kissed the back of his curly dark head.      

seekingkate
kateA
Tyrant of Words
Australia 28awards
Joined 20th May 2014
Forum Posts: 2079

Song

thinking of you  

so you know what I had to do  

when I finished

exhausted, catching my breath  

i remembered the first time I had intercourse  

how strange is that?  

these memories that come out of the blue    

prior to it there'd been the usual games we all played  

touching  

exploring

fingering

stroking

wanking

sucking  

anything but actual penetration  

reminds me of bill clinton's statement    

i can see it now  

at a party for some boy I didn't know  

on his bed with a boy I met 2 days ago  

not really knowing what to do or say  

following his lead but he was unclear  

worried about getting pregnant  

but desire far out weighed the fear  

trying to act like an adult when I was far from it  

holding romantic illusions on what sex was all about  

him coming  

with me on top  

me  

well, there was a song going through my head  

my mother played it a lot  

a song by peggy lee  

'is that all there is'....  

http://deepundergroundpoetry.com/poems/172958-song/

poet Anonymous

[ http://deepundergroundpoetry.com/poems/209226-i-devlin/ ]

I, Devlin

I'm not good at love poems,
I will give myself that;

nor am I good at compliments
conversations and romance;
in fact, I'm the complete opposite
of what a woman should be
when it comes to love and conventionality.
High expectations from others on how I should be,
I've been known to bring them down.
No stranger to sweat, dirty hands, calluses
or sizing a man up sexually in a suit
as my profession tends to border on blue collar [women],
and yes, they do exist in places many narcissistic women
would not dare dream of working in.
I've also been known to get a bit vulgar
as my tongue is quite rough around the edges;
I think I'm capable of actually making a sailor blush
if I tried hard enough.

But there's something about you
many, many miles away, or perhaps near
that is making me feel. . .oh, I don't know:

. . .girlie. . .sixteen. . .innocent. . .

competent of jumping off a bridge
if you strummed me in all the right places.

But today, right now, at this very moment
I can honestly say that I'm good with my imagination,
with wordplay, taunting eyes and invoking thoughts
that could easily make you second guess the woman
(or the man) that you think you're so in love with;
conceited, perhaps, but a realist I am.

So what's on my mind, you might ponder to ask?

While I don't have a Pocketful of Sunshine,
I do, however, have a drawer full of naughty things;
things that cling, that bound, and yes, that buzz in the night.

But putting all contemporaries aside, I instead envision us
as a pair of nostalgic lovers;
forever frozen in a still of an erotic portrait,
nothing dark, nothing disturbing, provocative or demeaning,
just me dazed and lazily hazed upon a red plush chaise
in a tiny black dress and fishnet stockings, and you
kneeling sensually by my side in a black tux,
hair slicked back with the Dapperish of Dan's
while the elongated of a firm leg rises to meet you.

With the skillest of hands, hands obviously no stranger
to the refinements of women, you stroke the silhouette of my leg.

And somewhere between the 1920's and the 1950's,
years I would have easily given my life for,
you lean in and steal a passionate kiss from my lips.

And the kiss reminds me of an old Rita Hayworth movie,
lost on a film reel,
buried somewhere beneath nostalgia and dust
just like this poem will be in time;

but for now,
this poem is for. . .

harliequin
Thought Provoker
United States 4awards
Joined 30th July 2015

Thanks for submissions so far, folks. Hope to see more entries!

snugglebuck
Dangerous Mind
United States 77awards
Joined 3rd Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 1873

http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b536/1willybugger/bigfootcloe_zpsovdihno2.png
A PLEA FOR SHIA & ME

Every day in America, sexual aggressive women take advantage of innocent men, and nobody gives a damn.  It’s time we all started to care.  Shia LaBeouf's allegations of being raped by a woman, has opened old wounds left in my mind, of when I too, was sexually assaulted by female.  And I confess them here and now, so other men, such as Shia and me, can come out of the shadows of shame, and tell their stories as well.

Yes, I was sexually assaulted by a woman too. Big Foot, (aka. Sasquatch Sally) captured me while I was deer hunting the North woods of Minnesota. And yes, for those of you who didn’t know, Big Foot is indeed, a woman.

For nearly two weeks I was kept as her love slave, in one of the many remote caves found along the North Shore of Lake Superior. There I had to suffer her every whim and perverse desire. I only cooperated with her to ensure my own survival. Which wasn’t as hard as you might think, considering once she’s exfoliated, she isn’t half bad looking, in a Kloe Kardashian sort of way. It wasn’t till I convinced her to do a B&B run (Bic razors & beer), that I finally was able to escape.

"So Shia, I want you to know
That I support you, bro!”
 Kimmy Alan

poet Anonymous

Removed for personal reasons.

Phaedra_Farrow
Ina
Twisted Dreamer
United States
Joined 12th Oct 2015
Forum Posts: 22

http://deepundergroundpoetry.com/poems/219950-a-conversation-with-luci-true-story-bro/

" A conversation with Luci"   (speaking to my inner child)

Hey Luci.....Yeah, I know it's not your real name....... Yeah, I know why she calls you that too. ......I know because she still calls you that..... Yeah, I'm future you...... "old you" You say? I like future you better, but Yeah we can go with that. I guess from where you're at 34 seems pretty old. 1987 seems like such a long time . For me it was a long time ago. I know you can't wrap your brain around it right now, but you're going to get through this. Your Mama doesn't really think you are the devil. She loves you in her own way. She loves you the only way a broken person knows how to love someone that isn't their self. Yes, she's still broken. She's never going to get fixed. Some people don't want to be. Some people are happy being left broken, and it's okay because you didn't break her. She likes to tell you that you did, but I promise you, you didn't.

You see Mama never got over expecting two of you, and only bringing one of you home from the hospital that day. You're not going to understand until you grow up, and have a little person of your very own, and he's going to know how much you love him because having a broken mother is teaching you a few things about exactly who you don't want to become. You don't want to be like her, I know growing up to be her is what scares you the most. ...... Well, you don't have to worry about that because it's never going to happen. I've made sure of that. .... I know you miss your big sister. I know you miss her more than anything, and right now it doesn't feel like she's ever coming home, and she doesn't come home, but you're going to see her again, and you two are going to be closer than you can ever imagine. But, right now you're going to have brace yourself.

It's going to be a while before things make much sense. It's going to be a while before you know you're not alone. You're going to spend a long time blaming yourself for things that you are too young to understand. You're going to spend a long time feeling like you are unworthy of love. It's okay to be afraid. I still get scared too, but I want you to realize that you are lovable, and you don't have to work so hard to keep those walls up forever. You will for a long time, you'll have yourself barred off like Fort Knox, and it will seem like nothing is ever going to get through. ..... Right now you're rolling your eyes telling me that I'm wrong because you have the face not even your Mother can love, but I can tell you that's Just not true.

Pretty soon you're going to start messing up a lot...... Yeah, I know "fucking up" sounds better, but I'm trying to be the positive influence here.... Now I have a little smile out of you. It's about time. I've missed that pretty thing...... But, it is "pretty" and one day you'll realize that too.... See look at you getting me off topic here. You were always a sharp one... "Me" , yes you. .... Well, anyways you're going to start fucking up a lot. You're going to get lost looking for that light at the end of the tunnel. You're going to go looking for it in all the wrong places. I'm not going to lie to you.. It's going to be hard. You're going to learn the hard way because no one is there to guide you, and for the longest time you're going to feel like you are lost in the dark, and you're going to get scared. ..... Yes, you'll come across some monsters too, and they're the scariest kind of monsters far scarier than the ones you read about, and see on T. V. ......Yes, they're going to hurt you, but not as much as you hurt yourself...

It's going to be fear, and pain, and loss that you can't even imagine... It's Just starting Right now, and it's going to get a lot worse before it ever gets better, but it will get better, and you will stop hurting, and one day you'll see how beautiful you are, and you will find a love you never thought could exist, and you will be happy, and you'll finally get it right..... Because that fire in your eyes, It's the same you see in mine while we're talking right now...... You'll never lose that, and you're going to be okay. Yes, one day you'll stop crying too...... I know you don't believe me. It's okay you'll see.

When you make it back to me...... In the here, and now there will be no darkness or tears only light, laughter, and love........"Why"?   You asked.

Because you never gave up hope, and...

Mama is still hanging around to remind you everything you don't want to become.

harliequin
Thought Provoker
United States 4awards
Joined 30th July 2015

Thanks to everyone for participating!

I've been pretty busy this month, so I haven't had time to comment on each individual piece like I like to! But you all did wonderfully.

Even though Miss_Sub didn't link, I have to hand this one to her. WOW, an excellent piece! Very revelatory, yet also mysterious pieces. Got me wondering more about each vignette. Well tied together. Excellent job!

Page:
Go to: