Page:

Time for some Satire!!

ZexionKingdomHeart
Thought Provoker
United States 2awards
Joined 11th June 2013
Forum Posts: 322

Poetry Contest

Satire is: Taking something popular from current events (Politics, movies, films, songs, books, etc) and turning it into a comical story.
RULES: Create a Satire themed story (or poem if you choose) from something currently popular. If you are writing a poem, please use at least 15 lines and no more than 25. Try to keep it as appropriate as possible. Thanks!

poet Anonymous

http://www.dumpaday.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/50-shades-of-grey-pictures-11.jpg

50 SHADES OF KITTY

I was 50 shades of grey before it was in style

I choose my humans very carefully

Train them so as to obey me

I do not need a whip, even if they remove my claws

Payback is something a cat lives for

So when you are having a good time

Leaving me alone without my favorite tuna

This is what I will do to torture you mentally

I will sleep on your pillow and the couch

Knock that vase accidentally off the mantle

Roll the toilet paper all over the house

Sleep on your computer and eat the mouse

I will push a banana near the kitchen door

You will fall on it when you come in from the garage

Finally you know that expensive dress

It is now a torn up mess

Finally do not look at me

As I look at you so innocently

You know those two stupid dogs

Really cannot be disciplined

As for me, look at my face

Would you judge me guilty of any sin?

http://waterstarsclans.webs.com/gray%20kitten.jpg

ZexionKingdomHeart
Thought Provoker
United States 2awards
Joined 11th June 2013

haha, funny. I laughed! Great poem!

poet Anonymous

ZexionKingdomHeart said:haha, funny. I laughed! Great poem!

Thank you.  Good competition!

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5598

ZexionKingdomHeart
Thought Provoker
United States 2awards
Joined 11th June 2013

Bahaha, I love it!

oldmanadeus
Lost Thinker
Canada 2awards
Joined 24th June 2013
Forum Posts: 31

Ed watched his prey intently, trying to see any weaknesses he could push if it came to a fight, a brother of the bud only uses guns as a last resort, but he had the badge tonight and that’s all he needed. The man stopped for a smoke underneath an awning at the side of an alley, “Hi Joey” said a voce from behind him, the cigarette fell slowly out of his mouth, “Joey I am not someone you want to mess with,” he flashed the badge in a lit window so joey only saw that and no other part of his profile, “I am in your world and against it, the name weird is whispered in your circle I promise, and one thing I don’t like is someone contaminating my city’s crops. The hallucinogenic liquid you used to double your profit recently caused 4 people to almost die of heart failure, I hope you know that. I do not work the same way as a regular cop, you have one shot, stop selling and donate you untainted crops to the underground farmland. After that under a new name of your choosing you will join the inner of inner most crop circles and work for the farmland to prepare for the great giving when we legalize kushion. Tell them Ed Weird sent you, if I don’t have this confirmed in 3 days I will return, in this time ask around about me and tell anyone who doesn’t know, do not fuck with my city or its people, goodbye joey.” And with that Ed turned, raised his hood and walked away quietly, Joey felt a warm trickle down his leg “bugger I pissed myself” he whispered softly, actually what really happened is much funnier. What joey did not realize was that while he was paralyzed in fear a stray dog had taken a piss in a hole in his trouser leg,

ZexionKingdomHeart
Thought Provoker
United States 2awards
Joined 11th June 2013

What is this story referencing?

oldmanadeus
Lost Thinker
Canada 2awards
Joined 24th June 2013

Sorry its a little vague, you said satire something popular so I decided to satire the culture of smoking weed, sorry if I missed the mark here

ZexionKingdomHeart
Thought Provoker
United States 2awards
Joined 11th June 2013

It's alright. what I was looking for was Celebrities, songs, books, movies, etc. You can send a re-entry if you'd like.

oldmanadeus
Lost Thinker
Canada 2awards
Joined 24th June 2013

You said politics, weed has been a political hot spot for the past decade at least so I would say my entry is valid to be honest, also that paragraph is taken from a book I'm writing which is a satire on the political movement to legalize marijuana. This is also a popular topic at the minute as they did just legalize it in certain states in America. Just because I wrote about something original instead of satirizing 50 shades of grey (this is an example not a slight as 50 shades of kitty was cute to the point of cheating lol) doesn't make that entry invalid I just went a little bit more of a creative route with the whole thing.  

ZexionKingdomHeart
Thought Provoker
United States 2awards
Joined 11th June 2013

Okay, I see that you're from Canada. I don't know if legalizing marijuana is a big deal there, but it's not something you see on the news here in the states very often. So, when I read that, I didn't realize that's what you meant on the politics idea. If you've seen the Scary Movie franchise, that's what I was looking for. That is the basis for satire. I'm not sure if anyone has hit the mark on what I was looking for, but it could've been worse, and neither of the entries were bad, just a little lacking.

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5598

LOL--Thanks very much!  Great job, also, Kitty and OldMan!

poet Anonymous

This was a wonderful competition. Congratulations to Madame Lavender on your really funny poem. Thank you, Zenion for hosting it.

Page:
Go to: