Nighty Night

Loveless_Lifeless
Jasmine
Thought Provoker
United States 1awards
Joined 24th Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 195

Poetry Contest

write a bedtime story....make it entertaining to all or most audiences...and dedicate it to someone specila
Please include titles and who it is dedicated to....
Please make them Simi appropriate....and keep bad language and sexual preferences to a minimum...
Any questions just ask...

Loveless_Lifeless
Jasmine
Thought Provoker
United States 1awards
Joined 24th Apr 2011

Example:

Mother Ghost and the Dark Mystic Forest (Dedicated to Lifeless_Loveless)

Once upon a time there was a dark mystic forest full of all kinds of creatures from reapers and zombies to banshees and giant man eating spiders
However one creature in this terrifying forest stood amongst the rest tho in all honesty she wasn't a creature
She was like the queen the forest she ruled the different beings and promised them protection from the outside world if they stayed and refused to harm her
She loved them all no matter their looks or horrific talent
She had a dark house built high on a hill in the middle of the forest
Did I mention she wasn't alone?
She had two little girls one they called Red the other Grettle tho those weren't their real name
They traveled the forest fearlessly skipping and playing with all the creatures
Tho they aspired one day to leave the forest to adventure other lands they were to happy in this dark world with their mother and her followers
One day the girls went missing
Their mother was terrified her daughters were her world
She looked from every edge of the forest for her two girls
She called their names for hours never getting a single reply
Then the creatures saw something they've never seen from their queen...she began to cry
No one had seen her Red or Grettle since they left their mothers house to visit Barry the Zombie (yes zombies have names)
The distressed mother quickly went to question Barry
He said he hadn't seen them he even still had the sugar cookies he made them the night before...he offered the cookies to the queen
She took them (they were secretly her favorite... Barry makes amazing cookies:3 for a zombie at least)
She thanked Barry and went on her way
She distressfully trudged home getting her hopes up every time she heard the creature children playing amongst themselves in the forest
She feared she'd never see her girls again
Once she reached the door step she saw a color too familiar...red...
It was a piece of little Red's dress
She pulled it from a thorn bush (one of many that surrounded the house)
On the other side she saw something else she knew
Climbing over the bush she realized it was Grettle's ribbon for her hair
"A trail" she thought
Next was a doll with pins shoved in its body
Then a monster toy with sharp teeth
She knew someone had to have taken her daughters
Her daughters wouldn't have lost these items any other day
Terrified of how she may find them she walked on oh so paranoid
Still finding pieces left by the joyice girls
Then she found maybe the worst thing ever
On any other day it wouldn't have bothered her but her daughters were missing and now she sees blood
Everywhere like something had been massacre with no trace as to what it was
Suspecting the complete loss of her daughters she cried more
Knowing nothing was left for her without her darling girls she took her life leaving a single letter
The letter was to be published and sent to all residents of the forest it told them of the girls' disappearance and how the mother thought she found them
If it turned out she was wrong the girls would have option to take on as queen if not the queen knew they'd be safe
(No humans would dare walk even close to the mystic forest for fear of death anyway they'd never know the loss of the queen)
All the creatures left something in remembrance of the queen and her daughters
But who was to know the girls were fine
An hour after they went home..they'd fallen asleep in a small cave
They had left their stuff outside their house unattended I
supposed something had the means to drag it away
Tho this is a bedtime story so it has a happy ending
See when the queen died she didn't exactly die
She lives in a dark mystic forest full of anything from reapers and zombies to banshees and giant man eating spiders
She became one of her many subjects but not a flesh eating zombie or blood sucking vampire or even Frankenstein's monster...
She became who they call Mother ghost
Forever ruling and protecting the forest watching her girls grow
And they lived happily ever after...the end

siphondarkness
Levi
Dangerous Mind
United States 14awards
Joined 6th Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 2026

Can I repost an old poem? I wrote it for a friend of mine's child for when the child got old enough for storie, my friend miscarried.

marielavoue
Gypsy Red
Tyrant of Words
United States 40awards
Joined 18th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 905

http://deepundergroundpoetry.com/images/uploads/poemimages/44002.jpg
What was that???

Shhh can you hear that?
The clock’s tic, tic, tic and rat, tat, tat,
the drip, drip, drip and lick, lick, lick
of that big furry fat cat?
Ohhh… but there are other things
here in the inky dark,
things you cannot see
that howl and bark
things that hiss, sizzle and clank
like the groaning wooden floor plank.
What could it be, what could be there?
Is it the monster in the closet
or the boogeyman under the stairs?
I dare not look, I dare not see,
only a drip from the faucet,
might that be what is scaring me?
The wind howls and moans,
Is it a monster come to snatch my bones?
Ding dong, ding dong the hallway clock chimes,
I frighten myself with these silly nursery rhymes.
I always wonder at night before I fall asleep,
what else is in the dark, quickly, I count my sheep,
hope I never find out what makes all those sounds,
errant ghosts, witches or escaped hell hounds.
That… is… it, no more for tonight
Stop your funny business silly sprite
no more ratty tat tat or tickety tic tic
it is midnight go to sleep, now, lickety split!

Gypsy red

*All those who are big kids at heart,

Lifeless_Loveless
Chrisella Payne
Thought Provoker
United States
Joined 24th Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 12

To you...

Close your eyes
My bestest friend
You need sleep
Before the end

I'll tell you a bedtime story
Just this one time
I hope you like it
See, it doesn't cost a dime

"Once a upon a time
There was a story so grand
It shook the world
It shook all of the land

It was passed across the humans
And then across the plants
It caused all peace to break
Just from one little chant

It frightened everyone
Chasing them underground
All except us
Because we didn't want to be bound

So when "they" came to get us
We hid together in small spaces
And then when "they" were gone
We ran to one of our favorite places

I took your hand
And said 'hurry and stay quiet'
Dont worry about me
You won't lose me in this riot

When we finally got to our place
The meeting place of our dreams
We smiled at eachother
Forgetting the world breaking at the seams

While all hell broke lose
We played at ToysRus
Locked behind heavy doors
We had our whole life to discuss

We were pretty free
Except we couldnt chant
"The end the end"
Like the story said, we just can't"

Loveless_Lifeless
Jasmine
Thought Provoker
United States 1awards
Joined 24th Apr 2011

Yay XD

Loveless_Lifeless
Jasmine
Thought Provoker
United States 1awards
Joined 24th Apr 2011

siphondarkness said:Can I repost an old poem? I wrote it for a friend of mine's child for when the child got old enough for storie, my friend miscarried.

Go ahead Levi dear

siphondarkness
Levi
Dangerous Mind
United States 14awards
Joined 6th Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 2026

The Jester

Once there was a little jester  
Who always said "yes ma'am, yes sir"  
He and his brothers  
Always competed with each other  
The jester wasn't entertaining    
And he was banished by the king  
The jester was out in the woods  
Practicing like he always would  
Trying to be more fun  
Wanting to be number one  
He practice so hard he got lost  
In this giant forest  
He was cold and in the dark  
trying to get a fire to start  
In the absence of light  
He saw a little firefly  
Who was alone likewise  
And could barely fly  
He helped the bug train  
And pushed through the pain  
They  both learned what they needed  
And the bug succeeded  
As the jester said goodbye  
The bug became his guide  
When the jester returned home  
The king was in the middle of a show  
He asked for a second chance  
And the king said yes  
The jester tried with all of his heart  
And perfected his art  
The king said he passed the test  
And by that had became the best  
The jester bowed at the joy and laughter  
And lived happily ever after

shaunda
Fire of Insight
United States 13awards
Joined 19th Sep 2012
Forum Posts: 261

http://farm1.staticflickr.com/210/453998080_947ee4fc03.jpg

IN THE DAYS OF YORE (dedicated to my son Julian which I told many bedtime stories to, very similar to this one)

Long, long ago, IN THE DAYS OF YORE, when magic filled the air, there was a very small mouse named Ozzy. Ozzy was an orphan, but he didn't care. He had never known his parents, and he was ok with that because of precisely that; he had never known them (rumor had it they were eaten by a Ballox). Needless to say, he was terrified of Ballox.
  So, Ozzy made a promise to himself that he would learn how to use the forest to his advantage, just in case a Ballox happened by. He knew how to get through the forest without making a sound or touching the ground.
  His neighbors, the Titty Mouses, did their best to make his life miserable by taunting him. They made fun of him because they thought he was different. To them, different meant weird. Different, because he had never lived in a proper house,  his clothes were ratty, he scavenged off the land for his meals instead of growing a proper garden and buying the rest at the mouse market. He  even believed in Ballox, which everyone knew had died out years ago. His hair was long (at least for a mouse) and he danced in the moonlight to the most obnoxious loud music. For God's sake, he didn't even use roads like normal mice did.
  They thought it  hilarious to see him swinging from the low lying branches, using leaves to skit across the pond and pieces of curling worm grass to pogo over rocks, bottomless pits, and time warp holes. Where was his honor!!!
  They hated his choice of music, and would cover their ears as the words "I am Iron Man"  thumped out of his trumpet vine speakers just to annoy them. It sounded to them as if the Prince of Darkness himself was bellowing out the words. "
  OH, Ballox " they would say, and stomp away when they heard him singing along with his crazy music.
  Ozzy didn't care what they thought about the music he'd found and brought back with him that time he fell thru the time warp. He loved it. It made him feel powerful and strong, like a Rock.
  This particular day, Ozzy was kicking back on his hemp hammock way high up in a tree where no one could see him unless they looked very, very hard. He was smoking some four leaf clovers out of his water reed to settle his nerves, when he thought he heard a sound below him.
  Feeling too lazy to jump down and see what it was, he lolled his head over the side of the hammock and took a peeksee.
  Ozzy almost pooped the seeds out that he'd had for breakfast.
He knew it was a Ballox because it smelled horribly rotten like Fromunda cheeze. And Lord was it ugly. Ozzy had never seen anything uglier than the hairy Ballox beneath him. Why, it reminded him of two huge hairy figs that had dropped off a tree and rotted.
  The Ballox was sniffing around the rabbit hole Ozzy lived in. Ozzy daren't move, breath or anything else to draw attention to himself. Slowly, the Ballox lifted his head and glanced around sniffing the air.
  The thing had one huge eye in the middle of his forehead.The eye of the beast moved up,down and in circles trying to see if any lunch was around. After a couple of minutes the thing rolled down the road and out of sight.
  What was it doing here? Why now, and where had it been hiding?
Ozzy's long hair rose off of his neck, which made him look slightly similar to a dandelion. Ozzy was thinking of the different way's he could get food for himself without ever leaving the hammock, when he heard a blood curdling scream coming from the direction he had seen the Ballox disappear from.
  "My baby, my baby" screamed MRS. Titty mouse as she came running down the road towards Ozzy.
  "A Ballox ate my baby, a Ballox ate my baby"!!! she screamed.
  "Are you sure" yelled Ozzy? "Did you see the Ballox actually eat yo baby". "Did You? Did the Ballox EAT yo baby" he yelled again?
  "Get a grip on yourself Mrs.Titty or I will never be able to help. If there is any chance at all, you need to tell me now".
  Mrs. Titty mouse looked at Ozzy and with tears streaming down her face, she sobbed, "no I didn't see it actually eat the baby, but the Ballox grabbed him from his mouse pen in the front yard, rolled away with him right in front of my very eyes and ran towards the Misty Mountains".
  Without thinking, Ozzy grabbed a branch and started swinging through the trees towards the Misty Mountains. He knew if the Ballox made it to the Misty Mountains he would never find them.
  Little Ozzy swung through those trees like he'd never swung before, hand over hand, stopping for only seconds to make sure he was still on the Ballox trail.
  He knew he was getting close when he started smelling the stench of Fromunda cheeze. Oh God that stunk. How could something possibly smell that bad. Someone needs to pick up those hairy figs and wash, thought Ozzy!! As the stench got stronger, Ozzy started slowing down, making sure he was making no noises, swinging silently.
  And then,Ozzy could hear the beast, it's flap, flap, flapping sound as the hairy figs hit the ground.
  Then the Ballox was in his sight. Fear tore through Ozzy's mind as he swung in the branches about the beast. It had to be the ugliest thing he'd ever seen. The Ballox was dripping a foul substance Ozzy believed could only be sweat from exertion. Ugly blue and purple veins pulsated up and down the two fig like body parts. Short black coarse hair in ugly patches curling from the sweat. It was an abomination.
  Ozzy knew he only had seconds to save the small mouse clutched in the beasts arms as the misty Mountains loomed ahead. Seeing his chance, Ozzy swung low enough to actually touch the beast, but only plucked the bairn out of the Ballox grasp, wrapping his tail around the child so he could use both hands to swing up and around the the back side of the tree to where the Ballox wouldn't be able to see them. Up into the tree they went and Ozzy only stopped when he knew it would be safe.
  Ozzy could hear the beast scream in rage, making horrible wuff, wuff sounds. He peered down at the monster and watched as it rolled in circles, filth and mucusy sweat flinging all over. It could smell Ozzy but could not see him hiding up in the trees.
  Wow man, that beast is having a kaniption fit for real, thought Ozzy. Not wanting to be caught, Ozzy looked at the small child in his arms and it smiled at him as Ozzy turned around silently heading towards home, leaving the beast confused as to where his meal had gone.
  The bairn made not a sound until Ozzy swung up to the Titty mouses house, whereupon it started screaming hysterically for it's mother and leaped into her arms.
  "Now, now sweet child", cooed it's mother. "No need to be a Titty Mouse Crybaby" she said and turned towards Ozzy.
  "I will never be able to repay you for what you've done for our family. We were wrong about you. You are a very brave and smart mouse and I willy surely box the ears of any mouse who says different." said Mrs. Titty mouse. "Dinner, tomorrow night at six. Don't be late".
  Ozzy's mouth dropped open in shock. He looked at Mrs. Titty mouse and then down at himself, seeing his raggety clothes. Looking back up at her he said "I've nothing to wear".
  "Ballox," she said. "You look perfect just the way you are", and she smiled. "Six sharp".
  Ozzy ran back to his rabbit hole, climbed back up to his hemp hammock, grabbed his water reed, his 4 leaf clovers and blazed the night away....
I AM IRONMAN

This is dedicated to my son Julian, whom I told many bedtime stories to very similar to this one.

Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 16191

Come out and play
Dedicated to a child

There is a bubbling brook
Out there in the meadow
Where the water flows
So clear it reflects the sky
Come out and play
We can sit at its banks
Or paddle around in the water
So cool and clear

Far upstream there lies a bridge
that shelters a family of trolls
who live and dig for gold
somewhere deep underground
where elves and gnomes they gambol
with their fiery reddish hair
who cry in despair
when no one come out to play

They like little boys you see
Just like you and me
To take them to faraway
Where they can play all day
They can slide on rainbows
Or catch the pearly rain
And turn them into golden rings
Within flying soap suds bubbles

The gnomes and elves
And brownies too
Will come and play with you
Throwing pebbles into the land below
From lofty crescent moons
The pebbles become little stools
Around a fairy ring
Where little fairytale princesses dance

There are little fairies too
Who flits from tree to tree
Picking blossoms one by one
To make into fairy garlands
And place upon the stars
Adding glitter to the shine
Of many sad looking moons
Or maybe they were blooms..?

So come on out and play
They may see us
And bring us to faraway
To swing and climb a sunray
Or may dive into a deep
Cove and see another way
To another strange world
where we are but we are not!

stormz_of_fire
River
Thought Provoker
United States 1awards
Joined 7th Mar 2012
Forum Posts: 355

A Hidden Message
(if you can figure it out, it says who this is dedicated to)

once upon a midnight,
a cold one In october,
when delighted cries of
"trick or treat"
now filL the air
A lOving spirit
rejoins you.
The thinning of the Veil
has allowEd You mother to return
to spend a night
watching Over you.
This single night