Ho! Ho! Ho! Merry Christmas!
Glad tidings to you as we’re about to hit the 1st day of December where we are about to get festive as FURK up in here! 🤩
It’s the return of the DU Secret Santa to spread a little Christmas cheer through the festive halls of the Underground 🎄
We had such a good time back in 2019 with this little nugget of joy, that we thought we’d resurrect it to lift us all up in a post-apocalyptic pandemic world that’s going down the toilet!
Yay for tinsel coated Omicron! 😋 How does Secret Santa poetry work?
* Write a poem for another member. A nice poem. A little festive gift…. but… this is an anonymous comp!
* To enter, please PM ThePoetcastProject account (where nobody is blocked at all and everybody is welcome to take part)
with your poem, and who the poem is for.
* All the anonymous poems are posted at the beginning of the thread with numbers assigned to them for everybody to read.
* The comp runs for 2 weeks, followed by a week of voting for your favourite. To vote on the winner, again all participants will be invited to send in their votes via PM to thepoetcastproject account until 20:00 GMT on December 22nd. A results tally will be publicly posted to reveal the winner.
The winner will be announced on Christmas Eve.
* At the end of the contest, a list will be posted revealing who the poetic gifts are from. Rules
* No poems will be accepted without stating who they are for.
* Please don’t post your entries in the thread. PM them to ThePoetcastProject account.
* You may post up to 4 entries per human being.
* Please don’t use this comp as an excuse to be overtly creepo and weird… for this reason, no erotica will be accepted.
* You cannot vote for yourself.
* New writes only. Please don’t publish your poems, because it will ruin the surprise.
* No bullying or hate will be accepted. Keep it friendly and light hearted. This is a bit of festive fun. No grinches, please.
* Everybody is welcome.
* The comp will run for 2 weeks followed by a week of voting. * Thread banter heavily encouraged 😎
To see how the 2019 thread worked, you can have a little looksie here: https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/competitions/read/11135/#461591
… and GO! Jingle those bells!
🔔 🔔 🔔 … not like that, Lepp… not like that…. Entries listed below as they appear ⬇️