Jamie Rhodes
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 8awards
Joined 20th Sep 2009
Forum Posts: 1426

A short one

Be grateful your cigarettes survived the rain
As your heart did the winter
Written by CruelHandedWriter (Jamie Rhodes)
Go To Page  

wallyroo92
Tyrant of Words
United States 147awards
Joined 11th July 2012
Forum Posts: 1794

I Spy

I spy with my spry sly eye

a wry drive-by of fly poetry

Written by wallyroo92
Go To Page  

_feral
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 11awards
Joined 23rd Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 864

i would like to thank everybody for their awesome entries and participating in this competition, there were quite a few entries that stuck out for me so I couldn't just pick an overall winner and I would certainly like to give these poets a mention 😎

congratulations to razzerleaf, you have quite dark humour sir, i do enjoy a dark poem with extreme contrasts which i felt worked incredibly well here and had some edge to it, it definitely had me cackling when i first read it too, thank you for your entry and congratulations sir

congratulations to northern_soul, good lord if you ever write an anthology about england i think i could read it forever, i so very much enjoyed how you captured england's nature and atmosphere as well as it's history with beautiful and ethereal imagery, you really did breathe life into this little old island, thank you for your beautiful entry and congratulations vitsy

congratulations innomine, i really enjoyed how you went in-depth yet universal with your piece but keeping a human side to the point that a reader can take anything away with it like an excerpt in a journal, it read to me like good news but in a way we often just get on with life without the frills and fuss and i've always admired realistic poetry in that way, thank you for sharing and congratulations lady

i would also like to give some honourable mentions while i'm here

madamelavender: i wouldn't like to be somebody with something to hide regarding any kind of blood or dna testing lady, your piece made me realise how amazing it is that others can understand more about what's going on with us more than we do ourselves, i also enjoyed the underlying sass i felt inside this poem and it suits you well lady, thank you for your entry it was a delight to read

cloventongue89: this was such a poignant capture in a small moment, i very much felt how time can be endless within this poem and how a person can hold so much importance in our souls, thank you for your entry it was incredibly raw and emotional

bluevelvete: well i do love a poem about the stars and i think we all learn and take something from them each time, i really enjoyed your conversing with them as if the stars were sending a message to somebody else who holds an important part in our lives, thank you for your entry lady

cruelhandedwriter: well i do enjoy a cigarette poem i could smell the cigarette when i was reading it especially if it's been in the rain, i felt this was incredibly current given the circumstances we've been under which is all the more reason why it was worth a mention, thank you for your entry & enjoy that cigarette sir

thank you to everybody for your entries, until next time folks and happy writing  😎

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 32awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 5734

Congrats to Razzerleaf! Awesome stuff. Honoured to get the runner up here with the lovely InNomine. Some cracking entries here, I’ve loved reading them.

Thanks for the feedback Vitsy! Always lovely to see 💚

_feral
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 11awards
Joined 23rd Jan 2021

Northern_Soul said:Congrats to Razzerleaf! Awesome stuff. Honoured to get the runner up here with the lovely InNomine. Some cracking entries here, I’ve loved reading them.

Thanks for the feedback Vitsy! Always lovely to see 💚

thank you vitsy, always a pleasure 💙

poet Anonymous

Congratulations all around! ...
To Razzerleaf for your win and to Northern Soul and InNomine for sharing the podium!! All so well deserved.

Such wonderfully penned entries, what terrific reading!!👍🏻

Thank you, Ethan!
For running an intriguing and fun comp, it was a pleasure participating. I appreciate the honorable mention and your lovely feedback - it's true icing ... 😉... Nom!..
🌹-🐝

_feral
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 11awards
Joined 23rd Jan 2021

Bluevelvete said:Congratulations all around! ...
To Razzerleaf for your win and to Northern Soul and InNomine for sharing the podium!! All so well deserved.

Such wonderfully penned entries, what terrific reading!!👍🏻

Thank you, Ethan!
For running an intriguing and fun comp, it was a pleasure participating. I appreciate the honorable mention and your lovely feedback - it's true icing ... 😉... Nom!..
🌹-🐝

thank you for joining in blue, glad to know you enjoyed participating as well

Eerie
Dangerous Mind
14awards
Joined 29th July 2018
Forum Posts: 890

Congrats on the win, Razzerleaf, and congrats to the runners-up.
Fabulous comp, _feral. Thanks for posting it!

_feral
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 11awards
Joined 23rd Jan 2021

Eerie said:Congrats on the win, Razzerleaf, and congrats to the runners-up.
Fabulous comp, _feral. Thanks for posting it!

thank you for participating eerie, always a pleasure seeing your writes around the place

Razzerleaf
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 26awards
Joined 15th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 512

Well done every one and a big thank you to feral for setting such a splendid theme and such considered feedback, I have enjoyed all of the poems immensely and I am very humbled by the encouragement, congrats to InNomine and Missy . Best R

PoetSpeak
Tyrant of Words
United States 54awards
Joined 17th Nov 2013
Forum Posts: 166

Congratulations Razzerleaf and many thanks to _feral for hosting.
Loved the short word play challenge and enjoyed participating.
Best to the runner ups as well

Go to page:
Go to: