Hello, and welcome to the "Spoken Word of the Month" to be featured in the DUP 'Spoken Word of the Month Hall of Fame', as well as across DU's social networking pages!
You have three weeks to nominate your favourite spoken word pieces. This will be followed by a week of site voting.
Please note the following when making nominations:
1. Self nominations are not accepted.
2. Until this comp is established, there is no limit to the number of nominations that any one person can make. However, you can’t nominate more than one poem per individual.
3. No DUPLICATES. If someone nominates the same poem you will be asked to replace the nomination with another.
4. Any genre except erotica. This is a also a Facebook feature, and we must adhere to their guidelines. Cursing is acceptable, but keep it minimal.
5. Any member who is banned or disables their account PRIOR to the win will be automatically disqualified.
6. One win per member per 12 months, beginning the month they win. If you win in February of 2021, you are not eligible to win again until February 2022.
Any nominated member who wishes to opt out of the competition may do so by messaging me or the member who nominated you.
NB: To find spoken-word poems on DUP there are 3 different possibilities:
1). Click on any avatar -> Read Poems -> and spoken word poems are identified with a camera icon on the been bar at the bottom of the poem (often also have a picture)
2). Click on ‘Poems’ -> *latest Poems -> Sort Poems -> Spoken-Word Poems
3). Click on ‘Spoken Word’ and you have a choice 5 sections to browse through (Live Poetry Slam/Performance Poetry/Poetry Readings/Film Poetry/Audio Poems). The last category (music) is not appropriate for this comp.
Feb: DMH0706 ( On the Eve of Grace )
Jan: Shadoe (into my loneliness comes ii)
Feb: Magdalena (Aurora Borealis)
Mar: socksscareme (Hailing Earth)
April: summultima (~ is a barrierless bird language, l o v e)
May: sky_dancer (Quiet Earthquakes)
June: DaisyGrace ( Everyone who isn't you )
July: syandeneJahia (sy4ndene44) ( The Space )
Nov: Ahavati (The Hallowed Wo/Men)
Dec: Removed at Author's Request
Unlike the other two competitions ( Poem of the Month & New Member of the Month ), the voting in this competition is NOT anonymous; therefore, to create a fair competition platform for our spoken word artists, this comp exists.