Spoken Word of the Month

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14273

Poetry Contest

Spoken Word of the Month

Hello, and welcome to the "Spoken Word of the Month" to be featured in the DUP 'Spoken Word of the Month Hall of Fame', as well as across DU's social networking pages!

You have three weeks to nominate your favourite spoken word pieces. This will be followed by a week of site voting.

Please note the following when making nominations:

1. Self nominations are not accepted.

2. Until this comp is established, there is no limit to the number of nominations that any one person can make. However, you can’t nominate more than one poem per individual.

3. No DUPLICATES. If someone nominates the same poem the entry will be deleted. If you like it that much wait and vote for it!

4. Any genre except erotica. This is a also a Facebook feature, and we must adhere to their guidelines.  Cursing is acceptable, but keep it minimal.

5. Any member who is banned or disables their account PRIOR to the win will be automatically disqualified.

6. One win per member per 12 months calendar year. If you win in February of 2021, you are not eligible to win again until February 2022.

[i]Any nominated member who wishes to opt out of the competition may do so by messaging me or the member who nominated you.

NB: To find spoken-word poems on DUP there are 3 different possibilities:

1). Click on any avatar -> Read Poems -> and spoken word poems are identified with a camera icon on the been bar at the bottom of the poem (often also have a picture)
2). Click on ‘Poems’ -> *latest Poems -> Sort Poems -> Spoken-Word Poems
3). Click on ‘Spoken Word’ and you have a choice 5 sections to browse through (Live Poetry Slam/Performance Poetry/Poetry Readings/Film Poetry/Audio Poems). The last category (music) is not appropriate for this comp.

Current winners:

2021:
Feb: DMH0706 ( On the Eve of Grace )

2020:
Jan:  Shadoe   (into my loneliness comes ii)
Feb: Magdalena   (Aurora Borealis)
Mar: socksscareme  (Hailing Earth)
April:  summultima   (~ is a barrierless bird language,   l o v e)
May: sky_dancer   (Quiet Earthquakes)
June: DaisyGrace ( Everyone who isn't you )
July: syandeneJahia (sy4ndene44) ( The Space )

2019:
Nov:   Ahavati   (The Hallowed Wo/Men)
Dec:   Miss_Sub  (Joseph)

Unlike the other two competitions ( Poem of the Month & New Member of the Month ) the voting in this competition is NOT anonymous; therefore, to create a fair competition platform for our spoken word artists, this comp exists.

If any member would like to assume responsibility as host/ess for this competion, please message me and I'll walk you through it. <3

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Red Carpet

Josh (Joshua Bond)
Go To Page  

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

dear, 17

juliagkrimmel (daisygirl)
Go To Page  

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

I am the Chest of all Men

Alviola
Go To Page  

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

If only...

InDreamz
Go To Page  

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2264

I do see, with or without looking ~ (a totally undestined tale) +Spoken Word

Bluevelvete
Go To Page  

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Tallen, thank you for your nomination. I was actually going to message her today to see if a nomination was possible. You beat me to it and I'm glad. She deserves to be nominated.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Emerging

Fiftysevenhours
Go To Page  

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Phantom, thank you for your submissions; however, Josh and Bluevelvet's have both already been nominated by myself. If you could replace your nominations I would greatly appreciate it. Or I will have to have them hidden when voting commences! Thank you!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Also, Phantom, I've just reviewed SweetKittyCat5's nomination, and it is not a spoken word piece, therefore doesn't qualify. It's a minifilm of sorts, and very well done; however, this competition is for spoken word; therefore, you will need to replace this nomination as well.

Reading the rules of a competition may benefit you in the future. Thank you.

admin
DU Webmistress
Mistress of the Underground
1awards

The winner of this competition and any runners up were decided by public vote.

Thank you to the following members for voting:

Bluevelvete, RiAN, Deepblue, Insiderew, KristinaX, lepperochan, Penguinphile, Scolar37, Phantom2426, Ljdynamic, Marks, MadameLavender, Razzerleaf, _feral, Eerie

SweetKittyCat5
Tyrant of Words
26awards
Joined 5th Sep 2018
Forum Posts: 1386

Ahavati said:Also, Phantom, I've just reviewed SweetKittyCat5's nomination, and it is not a spoken word piece, therefore doesn't qualify. It's a minifilm of sorts, and very well done; however, this competition is for spoken word; therefore, you will need to replace this nomination as well.

Reading the rules of a competition may benefit you in the future. Thank you.

" It's a minifilm of sorts, and very well done".. Ahh... that praise alone my poetess made me feel honored of my production works of art, more than you will ever come to realize and congratulations to the winner, Alviola

Alviola
Thought Provoker
1awards
Joined 12th Feb 2021
Forum Posts: 2

That was a pleasant surprise. Didn't see this early. Thank you.

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 1688

Alviola said:That was a pleasant surprise. Didn't see this early. Thank you.

Well done Alviola -- that was excellent.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

admin said:The winner of this competition and any runners up were decided by public vote.

Thank you to the following members for voting:

Bluevelvete,

RiAN,

Deepblue,

Insiderew,

KristinaX,

lepperochan,

Penguinphile,

Scolar37,

Phantom2426,

Ljdynamic,

Marks,

MadameLavender,

Razzerleaf,

_feral,

Eerie

Thank you to all who took the time to vote in this comp! As you know, DaisyGrace is now hosting the Spoken Word Comp moving forward! Please support her endeavors in this positive event!

Go to page:
Go to: