Content Warning : Do you want to continue?
This forum post contains content which some readers may find disturbing.
It is unsuitable for children or anyone who is easily offended.
YES
I am over 18 years old, I have been warned and I still want to read this forum post.
NO
I don't want to read this type of content, take me back to the previous page.
Poetry competition CLOSED 3rd February 2021 3:17pm
WINNER
da_poetic-edifier (Damon)
View Profile Poems by da_poetic-edifier
trophy
RUNNERS-UP: I_IS_ME and Poems4me

Go to page:

BAME (Black And Minority Ethnic) free topic contest

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 3367

Poetry Contest

poetry by minorities
it’s taken me a while to find the right words for this, but in light of recent events, hell, in light of events from the last 400 years, I wanted to create a space for bame poets to compete. i give this to uplift your voices.  we want you on this site. we need your words.

to enter this competition you must be black or minority ethnic.

any subject, any length, new or old, 2 entries max

you don’t have to show a picture or legal proof of ethnicity .  im not the stazi

remember that your speech is free but not free from consequence.

if you see any problem with this competition concept, message me or a moderator, don't add your voice below.

edit: do feel free to add your support to bump the competition!

further edit: your support can indeed be a non- entry provided you declare it as such, and understand it will not qualify for judging x

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

also - i may need some guest judges for this, apply or recommend through pm

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

-bump-

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14145

anna_grin said:it’s taken me a while to find the right words for this, but in light of recent events, hell, in light of events from the last 400 years, I wanted to create a space for bame poets to compete. i give this to uplift your voices.  we want you on this site. we need your words.

to enter this competition you must be black or minority ethnic.

any subject, any length, new or old, 2 entries max

you don’t have to show a picture.

remember that your speech is free but not free from consequence.

if you see any problem with this competition concept, message me or a moderator, don't add your voice below.

edit: do feel free to add your support to bump the competition!

anna, does this mean that non-minority -ethnic members cannot participate?

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

Ahavati said:

anna, does this mean that non-minority -ethnic members cannot enter?

i can’t stop them, but it’s not really in the spirit of it. if you submit a poem to this contest you do so under the assertion that you are a member of a minority group

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

anna_grin said:

i can’t stop them, but it’s not really in the spirit of it. if you submit a poem to this contest you do so under the assertion that you are a member of a minority group

So, if my bloodline ( 1/4th ) enables me to legally qualify as an ethnic minority ( Cherokee Native American ), but l my birth certificate lists me as *white*, I could rightfully enter, or no?

Notation: Although the Cherokee Nation does not adhere to amount of blood, but ancestry, other Native American tribes require 1/16th in order to qualify as members of that tribe, and thus the benefits afforded by the government.

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

Ahavati said:

So, if my bloodline ( 1/4th ) enables me to legally qualify as an ethnic minority ( Cherokee Native American ), but l my birth certificate lists me as *white*, I could rightfully enter, or no?

Notation: Although the Cherokee Nation does not adhere to amount of blood, but ancestry, other Native American tribes require 1/16th in order to qualify as members of that tribe, and thus the benefits afforded by the government.

absolutely, a. i didn't know that about you! while legal defenitions are helpful, i am not the government,  i am one white girl trying.  i will use my common sense and advice from others i trust.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

anna_grin said:

absolutely, a. i didn't know that about you! while legal defenitions are helpful, i am not the government,  i am one white girl trying.  i will use my common sense and advice from others i trust.

haha! Well legally I am considered white ( birth certificate ). I could change that at anytime, but am not interested in government benefits when others are more in need of them. xo

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

Could us pure as the driven snowflake White Folks post non-entries knowing we can't win any Tropheees ..?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:Could us pure as the driven snowflake White Folks post non-entries knowing we can't win any Tropheees ..?

He ain't lyin!

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2264

Any specific topic?
Do i qualify, me being a half breed (half white) ?

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

Ahavati said:

He ain't lyin!

by all means 🖤🤍🖤🤍

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

JohnnyBlaze said:Could us pure as the driven snowflake White Folks post non-entries knowing we can't win any Tropheees ..?

with a little self consideration the answer has to be no, sorry, as an entry comes bundled with the claim to be black or minority ethnic x

conversation and support is very welcome though!

thank you for your interest and I’ll be sure to create a comp you can enter soon!

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

Tallen said:Any specific topic?
Do i qualify, me being a half breed (half white) ?

free topic, and if you feel comfortable that you belong to a minority community, please do enter x

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2264

anna_grin said:

free topic, and if you feel comfortable that you belong to a minority community, please do enter x

i've always identified more with my Okinawan side than the European-mutt side and so maybe i will enter............

thank You  

Go to page:
Go to: