Co-hosted by Ahavati & JohnnyBlaze
Welcome to our second annual Classic Corner Champion Male Division
challenge, of which the winner will be crowned our 2020 King of the Classics and will be awarded a specially designed trophy as well as be featured across our website and social network accounts with links back to your DU profile.
Firstly, while any DU member may enter as long as they adhere by the guidelines, only participants of the Classic Corner Comps qualify to receive any award
. If your name is on the lists below, you qualify! Female qualifyers
Valeriyabeyond Male qualifyers
Secondly, wait ... why the two lists above?
We want you to feel comfortable participating in the comp of your choice. If you are on either list, but identify with being a male, then this is your comp.
If you identify with being female, then only submit entries to the Female Division comp posted by Ahavati here: https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/competitions/read/11706/
Thirdly, you are allowed to submit a maximum of 2 entries emulating any of the classic/modern poets that have been featured during the year 2020 ( make certain they've been featured! ).
We will judge which is the best of your two entries to ensure that three individuals have an opportunity to qualify for the Crown and placements.
Fourthly, what does it mean to emulate? We want YOU to make everyone believe your poem was written by one of these poets. Write as though you were that poet!
Fifthly, the RULES!
1. Each entry must NEW and only two entries per DUP persona allowed. Keep this thread clean of everything but entries until after the awards announcement is made. Comment on entries directly to the member's page if you feel moved to. Post any questions or concerns about the comp in the Classic Corner Discussion thread @ https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/speakeasy/read/10855/
2. No extreme erotica*; this is open to all ages and can't be viewed with an ECW ( Extreme Content Warning ). * Extreme Erotica would be considered visual imagery which would depict any type of sexual activity as well as the direct naming of body parts, i.e. - nipples, pussy, cock, et al.
3. No exact word limit; however, attempt to keep it no more than 250 - 300 UNLESS the inspirational poem is longer.
4. Any form is acceptable ( but studying the poet is advised ). While we accept Spoken Word and Visual Poems, please include a text version in your submissions.
5. You MUST tag your entries with the poet's theme, such as #LordByron. No theme is an automatic disqualification.
6. In your poem's Author Notes box, provide the title of and a direct link to the one poem by that inspired yours. Failure to not include this information will automatically disqualify your entry. Without such, we have no way of determining if you were truly inspired by said poet or simply swapped fresh words into his existing poetry ( which is a form of plagiarism ). This is a requirement regardless if you include a copy of the inspiration poem along with your entry or borrow its title.
7. You may edit your entry up until the moment the competition closes and is locked for judging. In fact, we highly encourage you take a few minutes to review your entry to ensure that it is error free in terms of spelling, grammar, and punctuation, and adheres to these guidelines.
Comp will be judged by Ahavati & JohnnyBlaze. As in the past and in the event there is a tie, we will call in third ( and possibly fourth ) judge.
You have one month; best of luck to all entrants!
If you have any questions, please post them to the Classic Corner Discussion thread in the Speakeasy forum: https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/speakeasy/read/10855/