RUNNERS-UP: Ahavati and slipalong

Go to page:

Dive Diners

Eerie
Dangerous Mind
14awards
Joined 29th July 2018
Forum Posts: 890

Thank you thank you to everyone for sharing little nuggets of memories and nostalgia. I loved reading about everyone’s favorite dive diner!

Congrats to Honoria for the big trophy! And congrats to Ahavati and slipalong for your placements! A job well done, everyone!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14574

o O Congratulations, Honoria! A well-deserved win! And congratulations to Slipalong as well, for deserved placement.

Thank you, Eerie, for such a nostalgic look into a past that can easily be forgotten by new generations. Hopefully the Waffle House and others like it will stand the test of time. I think there are less than a handful of the original Stucky's across the nation now. Thank you as well for the honor of a placement. I truly appreciate it. xo

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

Whoop! Congrats, Honoria! And Ahavati and Slip! I wish I could have gotten in on this action; maybe next time!

Honoria
Tyrant of Words
United States 63awards
Joined 22nd July 2019
Forum Posts: 190

Holy Shitake mushrooms! I’m completely blown away by this. Thank you very much!! Everyone’s entry was such an incredibly lovely glance of themselves. Congratulations to one and all! This competition was an out of this world creatively fantastic idea, and a joy in which to have participated. Thank you!

PoetsRevenge
Dangerous Mind
United States 28awards
Joined 30th June 2016
Forum Posts: 729

I raise my sticky syrup dispenser to toast the winners (it's stuck to my hand and the toast is burned)

Honoria, Ahavati and Slipalong congrats on hogging the payphone, it was a waiting game!
Loved the pecan logs, hamburglers and breakfast with no name at midnight.

Rendezvous at Waffle House (the cup of inspiration is bottomless)

And that trophy: 'Its a pancake'

These entries were so fun to read, great comp Eerie, thanks for hosting it, sorry I didn't get a chance to enter, maybe next shift :)

Go to page:
Go to: