This is our visual poetry monthly competition for February 2020. The winner, and any runners up, will get their poems featured on our official social media accounts. Create a poem as an image.
This month's competition is to create a visual poem about masculinity. Ideas around sex and gender are always changing and evolving, so let's explore different perspectives on what masculinity means in 2020. RULES
- 50 word limit
- Your image must include the full text of your poem
- Don't use photos or artwork which are copyrighted by someone else.
- Ensure the text of the poem is large enough, clear and readable even on small devices like mobile phones.
- You agree by entering to let us post your image on our various social media accounts (Instagram etc.). You will be credited by username in the caption.
- Max two entries per person. HOW TO ENTER
- Create an image with your poem text. This can be plain, or you can include image(s) or a background. Be creative.
- If it's a new poem, then post it on DU using "submit poem". You will need to submit the text of the poem (you'll add the image afterwards).
- Once you have submit your poem, use the "Add Multimedia" button under your poem text to attach the image, selecting the "visual poem" option when submitting the image.
- Use the "Enter Competition" button on this thread, and select your visual poem. NEED HELP MAKING AN IMAGE?
No problem, we have a group for that: https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/groups/words-on-a-canvas/discussion/
Why social media? It's a great way to reach a broader audience and get new people interested in poetry.
CHECK OUT OUR PAST WINNERS https://www.instagram.com/dupoetry/ https://www.facebook.com/pg/DUpoetry/photos/?tab=album&album_id=10155325416078665