Hello, and welcome to the first "Spoken Word of the Month" of the new decade. This comp is to be featured in the DUP 'Spoken Word of the Month Hall of Fame', as well as across DU's social networking pages, sponsored by Josh!
You have three weeks to nominate no more than two of your favourite spoken word pieces.
Please note the following when making nominations:
1. Self nominations are not accepted.
2. Until this comp is established, there is no limit to the number of nominations that any one person can make. However, you can’t nominate more than one poem per individual.
3. No DUPLICATES. If someone nominates the same poem the entry will be deleted. If you like it that much wait and vote for it!
4. Any genre except erotica or pornography. This is a Facebook feature and we must adhere to their guidelines. Cursing is acceptable, but keep it minimal.
5. Any member who is banned or disables their account PRIOR to the win will be automatically disqualified.
6. One win per member per 12 months calendar year (Jan-Dec).
7. All nominators must notify their nominees of nominations.
Any nominated member who wishes to opt out of the competition may do so by messaging me. I will contact the person who nominated you and request an alternate nomination. Or you may message them directly.
Nomination Duration is three weeks followed by a week of site voting! Current Winners:
Nov 2019: Ahavati [for her poem "The Hallowed Wo/Men"]
Dec 2019: Miss_Sub (- Missy -) [for her poem "Joseph"] NB: To find spoken-word poems on DUP there are 4 different possibilities:
1). Click on any avatar -> Read Poems -> and spoken word poems are identified with a camera icon on the been bar at the bottom of the poem (often also have a picture)
2). Click on ‘Poems’ -> *latest Poems -> Sort Poems -> Spoken-Word Poems
3). Click on ‘Spoken Word’ and you have a choice 6 sections to browse through (Live Poetry Slam/Performance Poetry/Poetry Readings/Film Poetry/Audio Poems/Music) - All are eligible for this comp at this time.
4). Browse through nominations from previous months (started in Nov 2019) which did not yet win - maybe they can have a 2nd/3rd/4th chance to be nominated and gain appreciation.