Go to page:

POEM OF THE MONTH ~ JANUARY 2020

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 1742

Congrats New Beginnings - you're certainly making your presence felt on DUP. All the best, Josh.

And Daniel, you know what they say about "2nd to market"   :)))

Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 1216

[quote-464051-Layla]HAPPY NEW YEAR!  New year New beginnings!

How fitting....New Beginnings!

Congratulations, well deserving.

Rachel_Lauren
Thought Provoker
United States 3awards
Joined 13th Nov 2019
Forum Posts: 23

Welllll deserved! Congratulations NB!

Poetic_Strength
Island Breeze
Fire of Insight
Curaçao 1awards
Joined 2nd Nov 2019
Forum Posts: 16

Congrats NewB. 👏👏 Well deserved.

NewBeginnings
Tyrant of Words
United States 18awards
Joined 6th June 2017
Forum Posts: 102

Wow! Thank you all so much! It’s really flattering that my poems have resonated with so many of you; I was nominated not one, not two, but four times! All by different people! So, I owe a special thanks to Wh1skeySwagger, sunsettown, Vamps, and NANCY_RDZ_STORIES… each who liked my poems enough to nominate one of them! Also, thank you so much to everyone who voted! You guys are awesome, and it’s an incredible esteem booster to attain such an honor as this.

As people who have known me for a while will probably know, I actually took a break from poetry and this website for a bit. I was working a dead-end job, I had some family issues going on, my confidence was down – I felt uninspired and depressed. I’d get on DUP occasionally, but just long enough to read a small bit of poetry, or to check my notifications, but nothing like it used to be. I even had a 3-month period where I didn’t write at all… I was feeling pretttty low. I’d write little things, but I’d end up being overly critical of myself, convincing myself it was no good… and ultimately trashing it.
In December, I got laid off my job, and I started becoming more active in the community again; after about a week, between reading others amazing poetry, receiving great feedback on my own, and the great energy that this community exudes, I felt rejuvenated! I am inspired again, and my dry spell is broken… all thanks to the beautiful and inspiring members of this community!

Heck, I’m back to writing almost a poem a day, and it’s directly correlated to being back in touch with this wonderful community! My biggest problem along the way has been my self-confidence, and this supportive community has worked wonders to bring me out of my shell; it’s kind, creative, and helpful members have been such a catalyst for personal growth and creativity – and I am eternally grateful for that. Thank you all… really! I have no word to describe how grateful I am for all of you here at DUP! You guys are awesome!

Best of all, it makes me so happy to be able to inspire others here! I have seen numerous poems with my username in the description as inspiration… I am truly overjoyed to be able to be a positive influence in another’s writing and expression. It feels great to give back! It really does seem like there is some kind of energy that we pass between each other… a creative spirit perhaps, passed along this seemingly interconnected network of souls we share between us, inspiring each of us along the way. Now, I’m not a very religious person, but I am spiritual, and there is something very special about this community that I can’t put my finger on… Let’s just say, this is where I think I’m meant to be right now!

Thank you, again, everyone… I appreciate the readership and support that each of you has provided! I guess that's it. I think I’ve said all there is to say…

Now, I have a fuzzy feeling inside 😊

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
NANCY_RDZ_STORIES
WRITER LYRICIST ARTIST
Fire of Insight
United States 5awards
Joined 9th Jan 2020
Forum Posts: 162

Hey hun you earned your way to the top and really deserve cause you have inspired highly with beautiful words that illuminate as we read your poems and your all guidance to also help others. No matter what troubles or obstacles in life, there's always a door that will take you to balance your way back. We just need have faith and think positive every time.

I'm glad you're writing again and that should never die in anyone.

I been keeping writing no matter what and I'm glad cause i learn new words new ways to write my poetry. It's so great and that way helps improve the writing.

Thanks for liking 🤗

Rachel_Lauren
Thought Provoker
United States 3awards
Joined 13th Nov 2019
Forum Posts: 23

Awww NB.

Thank you for sharing your story. I feel like people can really relate to you. You are such an interesting soul. Unique and kind. “Passing energy through each other... A creative spirit through this interconnectedness...” is a wonderful way to put it. I love the beauty and lightness you provide to this platform.
It’s refreshing.  💫✨

cabcool
Guardian of Shadows
Jamaica 12awards
Joined 27th Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 771

Hey, NewB

Those who pass through the fire know best the blisters and scars of the flame; they also know best the kindness of the cooling, healing balm.  You exemplify these emotions and their remedies, whose cathartic continuum touches just about everyone in this community.  Little did you realise that, during your recent hurdles, you were the stallion reshoeing for the journey ahead.

Congratulations on this awesome win.  Your humility, sincerity, and kindly outlook make you enough of a spiritual champion; winning a "local" competition is mere icing on the big-picture cake.  Continue to "love mercy, do justice and walk humbly with your God" (Micah 6:8). That's all He requires of you.

Best regards.

DanielChristensen
The Fire Elemental
Tyrant of Words
United States 36awards
Joined 27th Feb 2016
Forum Posts: 239

NewBeginnings said:Wow! Thank you all so much! It’s really flattering that my poems have resonated with so many of you; I was nominated not one, not two, but four times! All by different people! So, I owe a special thanks to Wh1skeySwagger, sunsettown, Vamps, and NANCY_RDZ_STORIES… each who liked my poems enough to nominate one of them! Also, thank you so much to everyone who voted! You guys are awesome, and it’s an incredible esteem booster to attain such an honor as this.

As people who have known me for a while will probably know, I actually took a break from poetry and this website for a bit. I was working a dead-end job, I had some family issues going on, my confidence was down – I felt uninspired and depressed. I’d get on DUP occasionally, but just long enough to read a small bit of poetry, or to check my notifications, but nothing like it used to be. I even had a 3-month period where I didn’t write at all… I was feeling pretttty low. I’d write little things, but I’d end up being overly critical of myself, convincing myself it was no good… and ultimately trashing it.
In December, I got laid off my job, and I started becoming more active in the community again; after about a week, between reading others amazing poetry, receiving great feedback on my own, and the great energy that this community exudes, I felt rejuvenated! I am inspired again, and my dry spell is broken… all thanks to the beautiful and inspiring members of this community!

Heck, I’m back to writing almost a poem a day, and it’s directly correlated to being back in touch with this wonderful community! My biggest problem along the way has been my self-confidence, and this supportive community has worked wonders to bring me out of my shell; it’s kind, creative, and helpful members have been such a catalyst for personal growth and creativity – and I am eternally grateful for that. Thank you all… really! I have no word to describe how grateful I am for all of you here at DUP! You guys are awesome!

Best of all, it makes me so happy to be able to inspire others here! I have seen numerous poems with my username in the description as inspiration… I am truly overjoyed to be able to be a positive influence in another’s writing and expression. It feels great to give back! It really does seem like there is some kind of energy that we pass between each other… a creative spirit perhaps, passed along this seemingly interconnected network of souls we share between us, inspiring each of us along the way. Now, I’m not a very religious person, but I am spiritual, and there is something very special about this community that I can’t put my finger on… Let’s just say, this is where I think I’m meant to be right now!

Thank you, again, everyone… I appreciate the readership and support that each of you has provided! I guess that's it. I think I’ve said all there is to say…

Now, I have a fuzzy feeling inside 😊

It's wonderful having you here NB. Thank you for all the positivity and for sharing your journey with us. You're such an inspiration and we can all be enriched by reminding ourselves that the closing of one door is the opening of another. Be safe and blessed. Namaste.

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 2983

NewBeginnings said:Wow! Thank you all so much!

Congratulations NEW BEGINNINGS your name suits you, As a new member you have been like a breath of fresh air, forever active in your poetry and comments. You are an example to follow not only for folks new to DU but also lessons could be learned by the seasoned ones too. This is a well-deserved win.

jemac
Dangerous Mind
United States 4awards
Joined 25th Jan 2013
Forum Posts: 237

Congratulations NewBeginnings!!
And to Daniel  ... both amazing pieces of poetry. ♥️👏👏

Go to page:
Go to: