Hello, and welcome to the "Spoken Word of the Month" to be featured in the DUP 'Spoken Word of the Month Hall of Fame', as well as across DU's social networking pages, sponsored by Josh! You have three weeks to nominate your favourite spoken word pieces.
Please note the following when making nominations:
1. Self nominations are not accepted.
2. Until this comp is established, there is no limit to the number of nominations that any one person can make. However, you can’t nominate more than one poem per individual.
3. No DUPLICATES. If someone nominates the same poem the entry will be deleted. If you like it that much wait and vote for it!
4. Any genre except erotica or pornography. This is a Facebook feature and we must adhere to their guidelines. Cursing is acceptable, but keep it minimal.
5. Any member who is banned or disables their account PRIOR to the win will be automatically disqualified.
6. One win per member per 12 months calendar year (Jan-Dec).
Any nominated member who wishes to opt out of the competition may do so by messaging me. I will contact the person who nominated you and request an alternate nomination. Or you may message them directly. NB: To find spoken-word poems on DUP there are 3 different possibilities:
1). Click on any avatar -> Read Poems -> and spoken word poems are identified with a camera icon on the been bar at the bottom of the poem (often also have a picture)
2). Click on ‘Poems’ -> *latest Poems -> Sort Poems -> Spoken-Word Poems
3). Click on ‘Spoken Word’ and you have a choice 5 sections to browse through (Live Poetry Slam/Performance Poetry/Poetry Readings/Film Poetry/Audio Poems). The last category (music) is not appropriate for this comp. Nomination Duration is three weeks followed by a week of site voting! Current Winners:
Nov 2019: Ahavati