SAME TITLE POEMS

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

Congrats, Madame! 🏆

And well done Miss_Sub and Brando. ✔✔

At least I can say the challenge motivated me to write 5 poems!

Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 5134

Thank you so much for this unique challenge opportunity, ms butters, and for the honorable mention. I congratulate winners MadameLavender, Missy and Brando for their excellent entries!  And to all wo participated!

butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 17th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 868

JohnnyBlaze said:Congrats, Madame! 🏆

And well done Miss_Sub and Brando. ✔✔

At least I can say the challenge motivated me to write 5 poems!

if the rest hadn't been so freakin' awesome you'd have placed. maybe next time i'm happy it inspired you to write!

butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 17th Sep 2019

Jade-Pandora said:Thank you so much for this unique challenge opportunity, ms butters, and for the honorable mention. I congratulate winners MadameLavender, Missy and Brando for their excellent entries!  And to all who participated!sooooo much good stuff to read in the entries. impressive *nods* this has probably been the hardest comp i've run when it came to selecting the placements... and i've run quite a lot, so that just speaks highly of the poems offered up.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 86awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5594

Thanks so much for the win ! Wasn’t expecting that, just blowing off steam after a hell-night in the lab , but very much appreciated !

Lots of great writes from everyone , awesome of our host Ms. Butters to run a great Comp!

butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 17th Sep 2019

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>i am greatly relieved you're well and even if my interpretation took me down wrong paths they were still interesting reading and very very moving

PoetsRevenge
Dangerous Mind
United States 28awards
Joined 30th June 2016
Forum Posts: 706

butters said:this reads to me like a double revelation:  the sweet tormenting voices suggesting possibilities in those 'visions' yet, at the same time, a revelation by the poem's narrator that they will not be listened to nor acted upon and that, instead, they will revel in what is real (and achievable) to them. a closing oneself off from the possibilities of love as a form of self-preservation? that's sad.

the image of the framed daylight has me thinking of a person who is too unsure, not mentally prepared to chance walking through the doorway of possibilities. even though the lines don't mention a doorway—might just as well be windows, the 'glass' closing the narrator off from the other side of what is/what could be.

question: obsurdities
since you have absurdity further down, is this word a play on 'obscurities/absurdities', or a typo? i know you're not prone to posting with typos so i just wanted to know

thanks for this entry, Poets_Revenge

Thanks so much, Butters for the great analysis and noticing the typo in my poem, I appreciate the insightful critique..

Congrats to the winners, it was really interesting to see the many perspectives on a single word and the possibilities of it, this was a great comp idea

butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 17th Sep 2019

PoetsRevenge said:
Thanks so much, Butters for the great analysis and noticing the typo in my poem, I appreciate the insightful critique..

Congrats to the winners, it was really interesting to see the many perspectives on a single word and the possibilities of it, this was a great comp idea
it was a pleasure to read and an interesting journey in my attempt to decode its breadcrumbs.

these sorts of challenges often make for great surprises as to where the prompt takes the poet :D

butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 17th Sep 2019

just want to add that i've put comments here on all of the entries, sort of thinking my way through them before i made my choices. so anyone dropping by and seeing the winners posted, i've left each of you a message as i replied to your pieces.

Go to page:
Go to: