the sun and her flowers

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14587

PandoraUnleashed said:Issues:
- my posted entry is messed up; form wise, differing from my original post
- I can't get my visual poem to post here either.

🤔 help please....

Pandy, PM me with your error message.  I'm sorry you are experiencing trouble!

PandoraUnleashed
Tyrant of Words
United States 12awards
Joined 29th Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 39

Darkpoetria
DarkOakPoetry
Twisted Dreamer
United States 1awards
Joined 22nd Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 18

Failings in love

When he failed you the first and the second      
      you were forgiving          

When he failed you the third and the fourth  
      you were in love

When he failed you the next and again          
      you were unconditional          

Written by Darkpoetria (DarkOakPoetry)
Go To Page  

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Thank you for all entries so far.  You have a little more than 24 hours to enter, for those who haven't.   Those who have need to check for spelling, grammar, and the like - these comps are tough to judge, and sometimes it comes right down to a technical such as a misspelled word. . .

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 1741

they come and go

Josh (Joshua Bond)
Go To Page  

wallyroo92
Tyrant of Words
United States 147awards
Joined 11th July 2012
Forum Posts: 1796

She Will Take It Back

Mother Earth,
She will take it back,
The patriarchal society will soon come to an end,
It’s brought nothing but tyranny, war and famine,
It will give way to something new,
Something beautiful,
As a new generation rises in the horizon.

I hear their voices,
I see their eyes,
They stand up against the big political industrial machine,
They speak their minds calling for change,
Because the future is theirs.

One by one, their light comes up over the east,
With powerful narrative and imagery as they to walk the earth,
There is wisdom of the ages in their words,
Inspiring young and old.

This is the new revolution,
They will take it back,
Showing the world the pain and oppression,
Bringing us to a new conscious level,
As we revel with joy to hear such prose,
Heartwarming
She rises like a beacon of light,
Delivering with smiles and eyes so bright,
The universe is telling us something.

Just like Mother Earth,
She will take it back,
It belongs to them,
When the words pour like gems,
With droplets of profound understanding,
Resonating within the human spirit,
Flowing like river waters and streams of consciousness
From soul to soul.

#RupiKaur
Written by wallyroo92
Go To Page  

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

A big thank you to all who paid tribute to this month's featured poets. As in previous months, these are very difficult to judge, and sometimes come down to a simple typo or grammatical error breaking a tie. This month was no different.

Call it emulation, we seek the essence of the classic author in the entrant's own style - not just replacing words of existing poems, but writing as though they were those classic authors ( regardless of form utilized ).

Our Classic Champions, as we like to refer to them, work HARD, and it shows in their writing. They study and deliver without any borderline plagiarism. They double-check spelling, grammar, form, guidelines, and put forth their heart into these comps.  

We recognize that effort and award accordingly, judging on a scale of 1-5 spelling, grammar, punctuation, form, and content - while the most important question we ask ourselves is this:  Did we feel like we were reading a classic poet?

All that being said, congratulations to the following winners!

First Place: MysticalRose!

We really felt you nailed the spirit of Kaur. The Sun referring to the Sunflower as a "stalker" was brilliant.

Second Place: Josh

Kaur often uses circular themes in order to end where she began, taking us home to the beginning of the verse.  This creates a haunting effect, which your entry emulated in its circular effect. It's not an easy thing to do but you did it beautifully.

Third Place: Kumar

Kumar, your second entry nailed it as well. The words and the graphic were aesthetically reflective of Kaur.

And a round of applause to everyone else who braved Kaur!

Congratulations to everyone for quality entries; thank you again for honoring the classics.  We hope to see you in this month's Classic Corner Champion challenges.

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/competitions/read/11019/

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/competitions/read/11020/

SatInUGal
Kumar
Dangerous Mind
United States 24awards
Joined 31st Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 926

Congratulations MysticalRose, for a piece that richly deserved this particular crown! Also Josh, proud to share the podium with you

This will go down as one of my favorite comps here, partially because I love the type of poetry that Kaur creates and inspires so much (as reflected by so many great entries), and partially because I had so much fun with it!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

SatInUGal said:Congratulations MysticalRose, for a piece that richly deserved this particular crown! Also Josh, proud to share the podium with you

This will go down as one of my favorite comps here, partially because I love the type of poetry that Kaur creates and inspires so much (as reflected by so many great entries), and partially because I had so much fun with it!

That's great to hear, Kumar! You can have more fun with her if she is one of your selected poets in the Classic Championships this month!

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Wow, MysticalRose! I had no idea you had never won a comp.  I am always so happy when that happens!   I am also pleased  it was Rupi's, as you seem to have an affinity with her!  We're holding the classic championships, so you'll have another chance to emulate your favorites for that!

Again, congratulations on a job well done!

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 5134

I am so glad to congratulate MysticalRose on her first trophy win - well deserved!  

And to Josh and Kumar, my congrats & appreciation to both of you for your terrific efforts!

And to everyone who participated in tribute to a remarkable young poet!

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Heaven_sent_Kathy
Thought Provoker
United States 9awards
Joined 1st Nov 2017
Forum Posts: 177

I think it's been a week since last I was here but now that I'm logged on for a few more minutes I didn't want to miss coming over to congratulate the winner of this wonderful competition MysticalRose.  And a premiere winner as well.  Double-congrats my dear Poetess.

And to the Messrs  SatInUGal and Josh - you have my congratulations also.  And to all who entered, you can all consider yourselves a success in a tribute that honored the new hope in a young woman of amazing skill and energy.

And thanks to our co-hosts, Ahavati and JohnnyBlaze, ever the guiding lights through the Classics helping us to know more of, or for the first time, about outstanding poets both here and gone.

Blessed and blessings
Kathy

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Go to page:
Go to: