Go to page:

What A Puddle-Wonderful World

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

People, PEOPLE, PEOPLE!

NOW is the time to double check your entries for spelling, cut n paste typos, consistent punctuation, missing links or titles to inspiration poems, etc. These minor to major issues will be factored into the scoring process.

wallyroo92
Tyrant of Words
United States 147awards
Joined 11th July 2012
Forum Posts: 1757

CAP LOCK KEY

CAP LOCK KEY
IT’S STUCK IRONICALLY
AS I TRY WRITE TO ABOUT E.E.
CAPITALS HAVE SO MUCH POWER

MY WORD CHOICE MAY BE THE POOREST
BUT I’M JUST HAVING THAT KIND OF DAY
I FEEL  FRUSTRATED WITH YOU
CAP LOCK KEY IS NOT MEEKLY

EVERYTIME I TRY AND RESTART
THE STUBBORN CAP LOCK KEY LIGHT
COMES ON BUT I CAN’T RID
OF THIS CAPITAL CHARADE

SEE   THIS ANGLE
IT FEELS LIKE AN ANNOYING FAUX
SCREAMING IN UPPERCASE TRYING TO SHINE
BECAUSE UNLIKE THE ORIGINAL I‘VE LOST THE THREAD

I’VE CAUSED SOME HARM
THIS PIECE WAS MEANT TO BE BOLD
BUT THE CAP LOCK KEY IS PISSING
ME OFF THIS POEM IS COMING OFF AS CRAPPY

THIS GLITCH HAS ME STRESSED
IT WAS SUPPOSED TO FEEL GOOD BUT THE KEY
WHILE STUCK IT SNARES!
AS I TYPE THIS OUT LOUD

I’M NOT SURE WHERE THIS WILL LAND
BUT THIS STUBBORN CAP LOCK KEY
FEELS LIKE A STING
“NO NO”

#eecummings
Written by wallyroo92
Go To Page  

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

A big thank you to all who paid tribute to this month's features.  As in previous months, these are very difficult to judge, and sometimes come down to a simple typo or grammatical error breaking a tie.  This month was no different.

Just a note that we've had some snide inferences regarding 'favoritism' in our comps. Let me assure you that could not be further from the truth. Our Classic Champions, as we like to refer to them, work HARD, and it shows in their writing.  They study and they deliver without simply replacing words or borderline plagiarism. They double-check spelling, grammar, form, guidelines, and put forth their heart into these comps. We recognize that effort and award accordingly.

We seek the essence of the classic author in the entrant's own style.  Again, not just replacing words of the classic author, but capturing that essence and writing in their own unique signature.  We judge on a scale of 1-5 on spelling, grammar, punctuation, form, and content. The largest question we ask ourselves is this:  Do we feel like we are reading that classic poet?

All that being said, congratulations to the following winners!

First Place: PoetsRevenge

Your playfullness with presentation as well as with parenthesized additions was extremely in the spirit of Cummings!

Second Place: ImperfectedStone

Third Place: Heaven_sent_Kathy

Honorable Mention goes to wallyroo92 ! The CAPS was purely inspired genius on your behalf.

And a round of applause to everyone else who braved Cummings!

Lastly, a few were disqualified for not following the guidelines of the competition. This is very disheartening because you come so far, only to drop the ball over not adhering to the guidelines despite reminders.  

Congratulations to everyone for quality entries; thank you again for honoring the classics.  We hope to see you in this month's featuring Rupi Kaur and T.S. Eliot.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14273

Congratulations to all the winners and entrants for participating! Please vote in next month's Classic Corner poll to determine the female poet which will run alongside Langston Hughes:

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/speakeasy/read/10959/

Also - this month's Classic Corner Competitions are live! We hope to see you there!

Rupi Kaur:  https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/competitions/read/10957/

T. S. Eliot: https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/competitions/read/10958/

AspergerPoet56
Tyrant of Words
Scotland 30awards
Joined 4th Dec 2018
Forum Posts: 1853

Congratulations PoetsRevenge

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 5134

My sincerest congratulations to our poetess sisters PR, Poppy and Kathy!

And to all who contributed - with my thanks to our CC hosts!

Jade✍🏻

ImperfectedStone
The Gardener
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 28awards
Joined 10th Oct 2010
Forum Posts: 1347

PR, bravo darling! X

PoetsRevenge
Dangerous Mind
United States 28awards
Joined 30th June 2016
Forum Posts: 706

Congratulations to Imperfectedstone and Kathy and Wallyroo for being runners up, I'm honored that my attempt at the unusual style of EE Cummings was effective, there was something about photos of him, as well as Johnnys drawing that revealed a soft side to this poet that I wanted to convey along with the unique grammar.  This one was a learning experience in that, I appreciated the opportunity..

Thanks, everyone for the support and encouragement, and special thanks to Ahavati and Johnny for hosting and the work involved, I really appreciate it :)

Heaven_sent_Kathy
Thought Provoker
United States 9awards
Joined 1st Nov 2017
Forum Posts: 177

My meager voice at this hour is feeble to say the least, but all the same, I applaud the talents of PoetsRevenge (as winner), ImperfectedStone (as 2nd place), and wallyroo as Honorable Mention - fantastic work all.  My place on the podium brings forth a deep thank you for this - to our hosts Ahavati and JohnnyBlaze.  I very much enjoyed participating in the August CC challenges!

blessed and blessings
Kathy

Go to page:
Go to: