Fly Me To The Moon!

Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 5134

“Fly Me To The Moon!”

It’s that time again, dear folk of the Deep!  The results are in and all I can say is... three weeks to the moon and back, my how time flies!

And to those who participated with your qualifying moon tributes, thank you for giving this competition so many phases from which our moon could be honored!

I had read and reread the entries a number of times, then let everything simmer as I gave myself and it a rest. As I returned to the list with its prelim notes, I read the entries one more time. The break had cleared the board so to speak, and I came up with a shortlist from which I have made my choices: of three totally different entries by three remarkably diverse talents of the Deep.

And so it is with my grateful thanks and congratulations to the following members who have placed:

🏆1st Place: ImperfectedStone, for her entry “Moon: God Series”

🏅2nd Place: Ahavati, for her entry “We Came in Peace”

🏅3rd Place: Heaven-sent-Kathy, for her entry “A Child of God”

All the best, everyone, and see you soon; that’s a wrap.👏🏻
🔻J🔸P▪️

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14273

Jade you could NOT have picked a better winner! I knew the moment I read Poppy's it had it!  I almost felt chagrined next to the spiritual depth of hers!  I am honored to even be selected from so many fabulous entries, so thank you for that and for hosting a fabulous comp.  

There is much wrong with America, but there is much right too - I guess it's that way in every country; however, this was a time in our history, that even as a little girl, I was never prouder of America than I was when Neil stepped on that moon and uttered his historic words.

Congratulations, Poppy & Kathy! boy am I honored to stand with you!

Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015

*quietly weeps*

Thank you so much for this, Ahavati.

ImperfectedStone
The Gardener
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 28awards
Joined 10th Oct 2010
Forum Posts: 1347

I was amazed when this comp arrived. It was everything I needed and it was quiet in that. I am so grateful to you for creating it, Jade and for being surrounded by so many incredible writes, and friends. Blessed is this place. It also steadies my soul when a piece I've created means something to someone. It's easy to feel, in the outside world, that you have no importance in the same way we do here. This place, and all the people in it, is so special to me. It was written with you in mind Jade, you must know.

Anyway, enough of my sentimental waffling.

Thank you.

Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015

Thank you, our dearest Poppy - For such a beautiful express.  Oh my...

*more fresh tears*

how I do adore sentimental waffles

Heaven_sent_Kathy
Thought Provoker
United States 9awards
Joined 1st Nov 2017
Forum Posts: 177

I humbly bow and thank you, host Jade, for this honor, along with my congratulations to my talented sisters Poppy and Ahavati.  All my best to all.

Blessed and blessings,
Kathy

Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015

Thank you, dear Kathy, it’s a real pleasure having your poetry included in this comp, and in “Write Free Or Die”😌

Go to page:
Go to: