View Profile Poems by wallyroo92
trophy

Go to page:

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14263

Thank you all for your continued patience throughout this process.   We are working on something with Webmiss, so bear with us!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Okay competition participants! We need YOUR help in choosing a winner! Here is why:

Some tribute entries to Johnny and me were beautifully written; however, we feel it would be hubris to select any of them because they are honoring us ( the comp hosts ). On the flip side, it's not fair to those poets who worked so hard to be disqualified based on our personal issues surrounding what others might think if they win; therefore, let it be decreed ( just kidding! ):

We have spoken with Webmiss and she has agreed to monitor a poll for us with the finalists.  ONLY the competition entrants can vote. We feel that those who participated should have voting rights. ; they worked for it!  Voting for yourself is not permitted.

HOW YOU VOTE WILL NOT BE MADE PUBLIC! However voting for yourself is not permitted, and will disqualify your vote.   That will not be made public either. Our aim is NOT to embarrass anyone - it's simply to ensure fair voting in the comp without disqualifying entrants based on personal feelings.

Below is a list of eligible poll participants.  Only one profile out of multiple profiles can participate. Anyone who disabled the account used to participate in this comp is disqualified. I mean seriously, you don't exist right now. Also, those who did not post an avatar with their entry are disqualfied:

Ahavati
Johnny Blaze
highlyfunctional
smackdownraven
Jade-Pandora
Hepcat61
David_MacLeod
Josh
PoetsRevenge
Heaven_sent_Kathy
nomoth
Rex Durkin
wallyroo92
summultima

The Poll is being developed now and will be posted shortly. We will make sure we post the link here as well.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Here is the poll link:

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/speakeasy/read/10880/#450198

Thank you everyone who participated! Best of luck to each of you!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Good morning, Honored Entrants! First, we'd like to thank each of you for your time in entering and voting under these unusual circumstances.  Unfortunately, we had a stowaway aboard who snuck into the voting booth, and therefore are awarding only First Place to be absolutely fair.

Congratulations, Wallyroo92!  It was by a wide margin that you were chosen our winner for 'Anonymous', a poem about Webmiss' avatar!  The poem exemplified the spirit of the comp and deserved to win!

Thank you to everyone else for amazing entries reflecting your DU peers, and especially the ones about Johnny and me.  We were very surprised and humbled by all submissions.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

Wooohoooo! Congrats, Wally! 🏆 You were certainly posessed by the spirit of the competition.

Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 5134

Congratulations, Wally-WOO!🤟😸

I’m glad the winning entry was about our Leader!❤️

wallyroo92
Tyrant of Words
United States 147awards
Joined 11th July 2012
Forum Posts: 1757

Well, this is surprising (not sure how or why I missed the voting), but a sincere thanks to those who voted. I decided to take a slight different approach and as a tribute for the creation of this site. Some of you may know the identity but I think it's a great way to keep this going.
Thank you.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

wallyroo92 said:Well, this is surprising (not sure how or why I missed the voting), but a sincere thanks to those who voted. I decided to take a slight different approach and as a tribute for the creation of this site. Some of you may know the identity but I think it's a great way to keep this going.
Thank you.

Eeep! Not sure either, Wally. In addition to posting in the comp I also thought I went down the entire list and messaged with the poll thread link.   Of course things are easily covered up at times.

Anyway, no worries and congratulations again!

Go to page:
Go to: