Poem of the Month - July 2019

Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 5134

A friendly reminder of several of the rules posted by host Lobo:

1. Self nominations are not accepted. The great majority of the competitions here are about spotlighting one's own work on a particular topic or theme.  This is a chance to nominate that poem that you wish you had written but some other great talent here beat you to it.

2. Please limit your nominations to TWO poems.
You can nominate a single poem for two different poets; but the nomination maximum remains at TWO (no matter how many pseudonyms they have).  The majority of competitions on DUP cap nominations at one or two poems so there's no need to go beyond that.

admin
DU Webmistress
Mistress of the Underground
1awards

The winner of this competition and any runners up were decided by public vote.

Thank you to the following members for voting:

RevolutionAL, BeginningPoet, nomoth, MysticalRose, Miss_Sub, hrshykss, AnonymousBystander, JusTim_, RexDurkin, Billy_Snagg, AspergerPoet56, Carpe_Noctem, eswaller, Jade-Pandora, PlaydateWithFire, summultima, highlyfunctional, Hepcat61, MadameLavender, wallyroo92, Stoney223, snugglebuck, Layla

Gahddess_Worship
Osomajestuoso
Tyrant of Words
United States 37awards
Joined 21st Aug 2013
Forum Posts: 796

I think this honor is not mine to receive. Unless the award is for nominating the winner. Layla's poem, "Patterns" that I nominated, is the winner. I don't believe any of mine were in the running.  I haven't scanned the pages so I'm not certain, however, her poem is highlighted with an orange background.  Am I wrong?

Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 5134

Gahddess_Worship said:I think this honor is not mine to receive. Unless the award is for nominating the winner. Layla's poem, "Patterns" that I nominated, is the winner. I don't believe any of mine were in the running.  I haven't scanned the pages so I'm not certain, however, her poem is highlighted with an orange background.  Am I wrong?

Hi Bob - you hit it on the head - When a winner is chosen by public vote these days, the winning poem is highlighted!

Webmiss will update the listing in a while with the winning names.

Gahddess_Worship
Osomajestuoso
Tyrant of Words
United States 37awards
Joined 21st Aug 2013

Awesome! Thank you Jade. And take back my unearned prize.

admin
DU Webmistress
Mistress of the Underground
1awards

The winning poem is Patterns by Layla (nominated by Gahddess_Worship).

Echos in the Tunnels by highlyfunctional (nominated by cold_fusion) and A love affair with words by MysticalRose (nominated by Tallen) are the runners up,

Congratulations and thank you to everyone who nominated and/or voted.

Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 1216

Thank you Gahddess for the nomination and for everyone who voted.

Gahddess_Worship
Osomajestuoso
Tyrant of Words
United States 37awards
Joined 21st Aug 2013

Well deserved award. Congratulations!

Go to page:
Go to: