Co-Hosted by Ahavati & JohnnyBlaze
Here are the Official DUP NaPo/GloProWriMo 2019 prompts that were created by the joint efforfs of NaPo Team members JadePandora, yelluw_always, Amorous_Tryst, Earth_Child, Ahavati & JohnnyBlaze
While these are meant to aid participants in creating entries for NaPo, those particular entries are then viable for winning the Trophy of this comp!
Be advised - only entries posted by registrants to NaPo will qualify! https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/speakeasy/read/10651/
Now, here are the Prompts!
1. Describe Dug the Worm as a wily, wiggly wizard who refuses to let poets pass the Bridge of Stanzas into the Deep Underground without first completing three insane poetry related challenges.
2. Describe how Dug accomplishes the need to wiggle between perspectives and individual values of the poets who inhabit a worm hole in DUP.
3. Describe how Dug ventilating the Deep Underground with worm holes prevents the atmosphere from becoming rank with the body odor of so many unwashed poets.
4. Imagine in metaphoric form how you would explain to a small child the need for green worms and ham in this world.
5. Write about NaPo participants as Worms in a horse race around the Deep Underground in want of the Trophy!
6. Write about how Dug has wriggled through the dirt into the midst of a huge NaPo Celebration Carnival where rides and concessions abound. The closest is the Tilt-A-Whirl, but those boarding must meet the height requirement of at least 5' (1.524 meters), but our Worm loves a challenge and must get on that ride.
7. Write about how Dug burrows into a sandbox filled with Tonka Toys and believes what is discovered is a construction site digging for buried treasure - so joins in!
8. Write about a specific adventure in the Deep Underground that occasionally gets Dug into hot water, which is no place for our Worm to be.
9. Write about how Dug leads a secret life in the Underground as a poet in our Worm's own write! Reveal his -or- her -or- both pseudonym!
10. Write about how Dug gets kidnapped by a colorful band of gypsies who plan to use our Worm in a "worm oil medicine" show perpetuated by the Webmiss. Write about Dug's rescue by you and your DU buddies!
11. Dug has been kidnapped and is being held hostage within an undisclosed potted plant in the Webmiss home. Describe what you would trade for his freedom and how the exchange would go down.
12. Write a poem from Dug's POV observing human activity in the Deep Underground through his worm hole.
13. Oftentimes in gardening, a worm is cut in half, and then its halves regenerate and move on. Write about the two halves having different lives.
14. Worms eat dirt nutrients, and in turn give off nutrients for plants to grow. Thus, a healthy environment needs worms! Write about a plant that grows from Dug's nutrients, and how it benefits DUP's ecosystem.
15. Write about how Dug gets rounded up and imprisoned in a fishing bait vending machine.
16. Write about how Dug wakes up in another country ( and what he does to get home ) after passing out drunk on tequila in a Les Paul following a concert the night before.
17. Write an anthem Dug would dance to if it was a mascot for a football team known as the Washington Wormholers .
18. Write Dug's toast to the winners at the award banquet for the participants and hosts of this year's Official DUP NaPo/GloPoWriMo.
19. Describe Dug's superpowers after being bitten by a radioactive slug. Will Dug go on to be a superhero? Or a * gasp * villain?
20. When placing Dug on your hook to be cast into the vast ocean of poetry, describe the catch you hope to attract and land, and any snags, (optional), you hope to avoid.
21. Dug is drowning after accidentally being knocked into a Jose Cuervo tequila shot during a Cinco de Mayo celebration! Write about how you would save Dug!
22. Dug has awakened amidst maggots on a corpse from a murder mystery. Tell us about the crime, the detective, the murderer, etc!
23. Write an episode of AS THE WORM TURNS
, with Dug guest starring in a popular TV soap. Hero or villain?
24. Write about Dug as an Indiana Jones-ish archaeologist excavating poems from the earth's surface, where everyday objects and appliances become booby traps!
25. Write about Dug traveling back in time through a worm hole to warn classic poets that future masses of the new millennium will be glued to digital devices listening to musical acts such as Lady Gaga and Eminem.
26. Write about the Lord of the Slugs declaring dominion over the Deep Underground and how Dug the Worm poetically defeats him!
27. Write about Dug and other worms wandering the desert for 30 days and nights while waiting to receive inspiration from the Grand Earthworm.
28. Write about Dug being aboard a bus wired to explode if the driver and passengers write poetry with less than 50 unique words, while the bomber demands a ransom of . . . ?
29. Write a myth or urban legend about Dug.
30. Live and write about a Day in the Life of Dug.
You have 30 days to copy & paste your NaPo inspired entries here.
May the best Worm win!