Poetry competition CLOSED 1st March 2019 1:26pm
WINNER
Jade-Pandora (jade tiger)
View Profile Poems by Jade-Pandora
trophy
RUNNERS-UP: PoetsRevenge and Summerrain75

Go to page:

Poetic Medic #3: Don't Pull The Plug On Me!

summultima
uma
Dangerous Mind
India 34awards
Joined 3rd Feb 2012
Forum Posts: 1301

His Sun Realms- an Undying Hope of Love

galvanized light valleys
where painted sun harbours
in chronicled dynasty
-a gathered convergence
of knotted mysteries and unwinding revelations
births plummeting amongst sowed graveyards

past hollow darkness
triangulates spark as
anticipated footprints

your eternal sword, Warrior, stares
over time’s absence of Hope

battlefields end their only
escape, even into pseudonymous
remains, to death

midnight   seeds dreams  
under Love’s shelter

nowhere never, will
night once surrender

daylight shores merge
unto mangroves

Total Words (sans title) : 70

Retained Words: 35
[light, where, painted, sun, in, gathered, of, knotted, and,amongst, sowed,hollow, darkness, past, as, footprints, your, over, absence, hope, to, end, their, only, escape, remain, midnight, seeds, dream, under, never, will, night, daylight, once]

Added Words: 35
[galvanized, valleys, harbours, chronicled, a, conveyance, dynasty, mysteries, unwinding, revelation, births, plummeting, graveyard, triangulates, spark, anticipated, eternal, sword, warrior, stares, time's, of, death, battlefield, even, into, pseudonymous, love's, shelter, nowhere, surrender, shores, merge, unto, mangroves]

Summerrain75
Dangerous Mind
Philippines 10awards
Joined 6th Jan 2019
Forum Posts: 336

Embrace Your Uniqueness

Don't fret my friend  
When darkness looms  
Daylight will appear very soon  

Delight on this thought  
You are different from the rest  
Unlike everyone else  
Hold that firm belief  

Embrace your uniqueness  
Start loving yourself
Dispense with loneliness  
Sowed from senseless fears  

Be like midnight flower  
Unfurling happily during lonely hour  
Amongst unbudded blooms  
Wishing night never end  

Fair beauty, nocturnal bud  
Scenting breeze, its fragrance  
So pure and sweet  

70 words sans the title with no words repeated. 35 words retained 35 new words added. The 35 words removed includes prepositions that were repeated in the original poem that completes the 35 words such as the ff: in3x  the3x  of2x to2x your2x  
of2x  
Added words [don't, fret, my, when, very, soon, delight, on, this, thought, are, unlike, hold, firm, embrace, uniqueness, start, loving, be, happily,unfurling, during, wishing, fair, beauty, nocturnal, bud, scenting, breeze, its, fragrance, so, pure, and, sweet]  

Words removed[ want, call, wishful, delighting, absence, eager, experience, relief, through, suspension, own, home, grown, being, crowded, rooms, no, under, sun, than, to, in, as, of, it, your the seeing only, fairest]  
Some words I removed Is in the retained words because they were repeated in the original poem but only used it once in this poem

Written by Summerrain75
Go To Page  

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14270

We have roughly an hour to go, contestants! Please double-check your entries, and congratulations for being one of only seven on this site able to overcome this beast of a challenge!  

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

Time to pull the plug on this god awful challenge LOL!

Ahavati and I want to thank everyone who participated in this incredibly difficult challenge. Having written our own non-entries, we know fully well how HARD all of you worked on this.

Jade-Pandora, you have been awarded First Place for demonstrating not only having risen to the challenge, but for also creating a poem with a rhyme scheme given what you had to work with in the process!

PoetsRevenge, you have been awarded Second Place. Thank you for giving us a richly textured scenario that engages readers, firing up their imaginations.  

Summerrain75, you have been awarded Third Place. You fashioned an extremely cohesive poem that plays off the original quite splendidly.

Honorable Mentions go to SophieEricson and summultima! You both dove in with your commendable efforts when so many others toed the waters and backed away on the shore!

Now ... onto the Official DUP NaPo/GloProWriMo 2019 Competition! We are currently taking registrations here:

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/speakeasy/read/10651/

April is around the corner and we hope you will all join us there!

Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 5134

What what what? Omg, I just saw what’s happened, it snuck up on me!

See, I was up most the night working on my notes in preparation to compose a draft for the tribute to Poet Denise Levertov ( yes, I’m already chomping on the bit ), so I was sluggish and slow to connect.

But I’m wide awake NOW! And - what - a - tremendous - stretch - for - ANY - poet - to - tackle !!

But look at us, we did it.., and I thank Ahavati & JohnnyB for the incredible opportunity!  You two did an awesome job, AND, tackled the challenge too!

I’m humbled beyond humble for being given the win, and I’m very proud for the others who made it to the podium with me...

PoetsRevenge, Summerrain75, and
SophieEricson and summultima for Honorable Mention, CONGRATULATIONS, as well as everyone who participated to see it through! Woot!  

Now, ONWARD, to the NaPoWriMo, because we can do ANYTHING !

PoetsRevenge
Dangerous Mind
United States 28awards
Joined 30th June 2016
Forum Posts: 706

Congratulations, Jade, your poem was awesome, and also congratulations to Sophie, Summerrain and Summultima, this challenge required precision and you achieved it..

I'm more confident now about word challenges after doing this one, thank you to Ahavati and Johnny for the encouragement and inspiration :)

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14270

PoetsRevenge said:Congratulations, Jade, your poem was awesome, and also congratulations to Sophie, Summerrain and Summultima, this challenge required precision and you achieved it..

I'm more confident now about word challenges after doing this one, thank you to Ahavati and Johnny for the encouragement and inspiration :)

We're happy to hear that, PR!  That was exactly one of our goals aside from NaPo prep!

Jade-Pandora said:What what what? Omg, I just saw what’s happened, it snuck up on me!

See, I was up most the night working on my notes in preparation to compose a draft for the tribute to Poet Denise Levertov ( yes, I’m already chomping on the bit ), so I was sluggish and slow to connect.

But I’m wide awake NOW! And - what - a - tremendous - stretch - for - ANY - poet - to - tackle !!

But look at us, we did it.., and I thank Ahavati & JohnnyB for the incredible opportunity!  You two did an awesome job, AND, tackled the challenge too!

I’m humbled beyond humble for being given the win, and I’m very proud for the others who made it to the podium with me...

PoetsRevenge, Summerrain75, and
SophieEricson and summultima for Honorable Mention, CONGRATULATIONS, as well as everyone who participated to see it through! Woot!  

Now, ONWARD, to the NaPoWriMo, because we can do ANYTHING !

We ask nothing of entrants that we aren't willing to do ourselves!

Your hard work shows and it paid off.

Go to page:
Go to: