A Picture Holds A Thousand Words #5

LunasChild8
Dangerous Mind
Canada 21awards
Joined 27th Dec 2017
Forum Posts: 533

Poetry Contest

Write a poem about the image provided

They say a picture holds a thousand words. Write one poem about how you've interpreted the image.

Go wild, but don't make it too long. Feel free to message me about any question. Have fun!

Happy 2019, everyone!

Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 5134

Vow

I came to the train station long ago,
I only see my lover’s face in thought.
The waiting for my love to come is slow,
O sights, O smells, O sounds, entice me not.

The sight of her I cannot near describe,
With skin of cream & hair of midnight sun.
Her vision is my heaven to imbibe,
Forever know she’ll be my only one.

The heady smell of her when we make love,
Has my heart palpitate then skips a beat.
I feel the angels blessing me above,
Till comes the moment face-to-face we meet.

The sounds this woman makes has me insane.
Her laughter is the sun that gives me life,
Her tears revive me when they fall like rain.
It won’t be long till she becomes my wife.

Until she does, my time is merely grey,
In everything surrounding me just now.
The trains, they come & go, both night & day,
I’ll wait for always, this to her I vow.
Written by Jade-Pandora (jade tiger)
Go To Page  

LunasChild8
Dangerous Mind
Canada 21awards
Joined 27th Dec 2017

Thanks for starting things off, dear Jade.

Sweetry
Insanitys fuse
Twisted Dreamer
United States
Joined 16th Jan 2016
Forum Posts: 9

All aboard

I was wondering if I would ever catch that ride. The sign said a way out the conductor said jump inside. I stood there and it wasnt hard. Going home said the voice from afar. Certainly my mission was not gonna land me in mars. Not knowing just glowing and no more scars. A beautiful reflection of earth. Shining as it first appeared at my birth. The answers I've seeked were now spoken through what my eyes now viewed. No flashing lights or pearly gates. No reason to fear and no feelings of hate. Just a blissful and peaceful state. For my reasons to belong gave me reason to escape. Like de ja vu yet something was different. For this wasn't a dream or lapse in judgement. I knew that time had run out and i knew that going home meant I'd never come back. A smile chased by tears started to attack. For the time to go was nothing I'd imagine it wouldn't lack. A beautiful life and a transforming soul. A mission incomplete and the current toll paid in full.
Written by Sweetry (Insanitys fuse)
Go To Page  

LunasChild8
Dangerous Mind
Canada 21awards
Joined 27th Dec 2017

Thanks for your entry, Sweetry.

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2264

Way, Way in(terstellar)

It’s always been
a temptation to
immerse myself
taking the route
Way Way Out
of the abysmal
space
called
Me.

To what end?
Where would
i
go?
No way to heal
no
No way out. . .
that route.

Purchased
A ticket
Way, way in ——
Expanding my
choices
creating a
heart full
stellar
Healing.

I may look
back. . .
However
my one-way
ticket
is my
Courage
to see the journey
to its
fruition.

Exciting
Curiosity
enables
and
I
await
my
Destiny

destination.
Written by Tallen (earth_empath)
Go To Page  

LunasChild8
Dangerous Mind
Canada 21awards
Joined 27th Dec 2017

Thanks for your entry, Tallen.

Tardegrade
Twisted Dreamer
United States
Joined 24th Dec 2018
Forum Posts: 28

Terminal One

I gave her everything,
My love, my dreams, my soul

She asked me to meet her
Lagrange Five Station
Eight o'Clock standard time

And it was there,
Minutes late and heartbroken
I gifted her one last time.

I gave her Space.
Written by Tardegrade
Go To Page  

LunasChild8
Dangerous Mind
Canada 21awards
Joined 27th Dec 2017

Thanks for your entry, Tardegrade.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
LunasChild8
Dangerous Mind
Canada 21awards
Joined 27th Dec 2017

Thanks for your entry, Barona.

DouglasWayne
Douglas
Twisted Dreamer
United States 1awards
Joined 7th Jan 2019
Forum Posts: 5

Do Not Miss the Train to the Mirror, Mirror On the Wall School of Magic

I came out of the mirror.  I got tired of living in glass. I got tired of him keeping me undercover and under glass.  I wanted to come out a long time ago.  But I stayed around peering out and getting a scope on what the world was all about.  This is my debut into his world and I am going to enjoy it.  I am in his skin.  I wonder how he likes being the prisoner in the looking glass?

I know very little about what he does in the rooms without mirrors.  I know him well in the bedroom and the bathroom and other than this, his life is a total mystery to me.  I see him little in the glare of the TV screen.  I know what some of what he does in the kitchen.  I can see him in the gleam of the toaster and get his reflection from the microwave front.  I will attempt to have the morning tea now.  It seems he has been very busy here and I want to carry on for him.  I hope I can carry on his tradition.  I hope no one will even notice that he is gone.

And that he will not be coming back!!!  Once your image from a mirror has escaped there is no coming or going back.  The magic is complete.  Living in my mirror world was okay.  But the grass is always greener on the other side and his world looked brighter than mine.  I hated the mystery about him.  All those jealous times when I could not see him.  I got bits and pieces of him out of the rearview mirrors of cars and his reflections when he went up town in all the glassy store front windows of the shops he passed.  But not getting the full view of him is what killed me and I died in the mirror and just had to come back to life by jumping out of it one night.

Oh yeah, I busted out in the dark.  I jumped while the getting was good.  And there he lay.  The real him.  I was finally in his world.  I looked back into the mirror and did not see myself but just him lying there sleeping on his bed.  Well, I said the magic words backwards and then he popped wide-awake.  He was gone from the bed and there he stood wide-awake banging on the mirror front and wanting me to let him out.  But no way.

I am here to stay.  I like the real thing.  I got tired of being his reflection.  I got some real living to do.  Not just the shadow of someone's cast off vision.  I turned the mirror around that holds him.  I must never look at him again because if I do the magic will be reversed and I am not sure whether we would be together out here or back in that mirror.  I am not going to find out.  I can leave the mirror facing the wall for three days and he will be entirely gone.  Then I can carry the mirror outside wrapped and turn it up to the sun at noon and my door to here will be permanently sealed.

Only one of my kind is permitted to come here at a time.  I found all this out thanks to him.  He was away so much of the time and I could not see him and was so out of touch with him that I got distracted by so many other things.  I had to get hobbies and interests besides all ways standing there and doing all the crap he did and imitate him, but always in reverse.  In my world I soon found out that I had a life too.  I could do anything I wanted as long as he was not in front of a surface that would reflect him in anyway known to him.  And this was a lot of the time.

Mainly at night.  So I started taking night classes at The Mirror, Mirror on the Wall Magic School.

Mirror, mirror on the wall
Ain't ya got no balls, at all?

It was so funny.  I found this scrawled on the wall of the boys' bathroom at the school the first day I attended.

This the brochure had told me was a very strict school and only the bold need apply.  I was accepted immediately.  I overheard a few of the guys at the urinal passing comments.  I was in the stall reading all I could.  Hell, I love reading.  Reading was one of the things I never got to do because he never did hold a book up to the mirror.  But far away when he left a book over in a room I was all over it.  Boy!  Books could be fun shit.  What I am saying is...they could take you places.  It was then and there I began plotting my escape.

Before leaving the stall I wiped my ass and adjusted my clothes and took a pen and wrote on the wall under the verses:

I got my acceptance; I answered the call.

Little did I know that it was John Franklin Stoddard's reflection that had written the verse before mine.  He was the serial killer of Boring, Texas who killed the 33 boys in 33 month's time.  He castrated them with a broken mirror shard and was found dead lying in a waterbed with a ceiling mirror.  Above on the ceiling mirror he had written his confession in his own blood.

My first night of classes began with Professor Glassmore giving us a lecture on Windex and Other Surface Cleaners.  I knew I was not going to like his classes.

My second class was Literature.  And it was okay.  I had to write a book report on Alice in Wonderland: Through the Looking Glass and What She Saw.

My third and last class for the night was by far my most exciting.  It was Professor Transparent, a visiting lecturer from Glasgow, Scotland.  In his Scottish brogue, he declared in his opening statement to us students: "Tis nut enough we live our lives behind these glass panels, for we long to be free!."  Freedom he shouted to the class.  Damn!  I knew I was gonna like him and his class on Ethics, Braveheart, and the Irish Potato Famine As Reflected By the Scottish Tradition.

I got home exhausted.  But had to get up early and do everything in reflection to the ghost living his foolish life outside my perfect, mirror world.

I will arise; he will take the fall.

Fuck!!!  This shit tastes good.  The tea is cool.  It is better than sitting here watching him drink it let me tell you.  Wow, now there is truly magic everywhere.  Just like Professor Transparent said.  It was so funny cause them ice cubes was a surprise.  God, they were cold!!!  And just about all the fun the bastard was having out here with me locked away in that mirror.

Alice, who we studied about in the Mirror Mirror On the Wall Magic School, was the only human to ever invade our world.

Bittersweet and full of gall.

I could not wait at night for him to go to bed so I could get to school.  I went to The Mirror Mirror on the Wall Magic School to get me an edge-acation.  But I learned me a few thangs 'intween.

By far Professor Transparent was my favorite teacher.  I dropped all my other classes and studied only under him.

He was a militant Scotsman.  He was tired of the old days of us living under our reflections like slaves.  He longed to lead a revolution.  But it was not permitted.  There were mirroring powers greater than us.

School took years and years and I became more enlightened.  I found out the history of our world.  I knew the names of those who were real and those who went forth as reflections and amounted to something.

Abraham Lincoln was real.  James Wilkes Booth was a reflection.

Victoria, Queen of England was real.  Jack the Ripper was a  
reflection.

John Smith was real.  Napoleon was a reflection.

Cynthia Weederman was real.  Atilla the Hun was a reflection.

Man was real.  God was a reflection.

Stephen King was real.  John Wayne Gacy was a reflection.

Who goes down this bloody hall?

Yes it was graduation night at the school and I was receiving top honors and graduating first in my classes.  

Do you see the massacre at the mall?

I like it.  Reflections of the love that used to be.  And stop in the name of love before you break my mirror.  Because I had lived in a world of sight and color.  The school did not prepare us for sound.  Hell, they never knew sound existed.  Fools.  It is the sound that drives us crazy.  The fucking music.

Don't you forget about me.  I want to break free.  Rebel, rebel, your Mom's in a whirl, don't know if you're a boy or a girl.  Sitting on the park bench.  Cum running down his dick.  Eyeing boys with mirrored intent.  Transparent dangling make-up cases.  Thank you, Indiana.

As we go on down the road.  Casting shadows weaker than our souls.  And they are buying them an escalator to the outer preserves of Hell.  Hall of Mirrors at the Palace of Vershootsshe.

The musical sounds of a non-magical world that was drowning in the piss of its own rock stars.  The noise of the masses longing for a melody to fuck to.  Cry me a river and blue moon of Kentucky keep on fucking me, baby.  Roll over Bon Jovi.  Crystal Gayle was real.  Boy George was a reflection.

Prepare the funeral, make ready the pall.

Under the Glass: Revolution.

I took the world in the Year 3333 A.D.F.  After the Death of Reflection.  I shattered every glass and set us all free.

I first destroyed all the music and all the sound so that the quiet creatures of glass could live in peace and freedom.

Mirro, mirro on the wall
Who was the greatest terror of them all?

It was I.  I was not real.  I was a reflection.

I was an abortion.  But before I died I saw my reflection in a bright-sanitized metal garbage bin.  And I tracked the doctor from mirror to mirror.  Like signal racing along the lasered path of perfection.

And I learned my magic well.

I have destroyed all the living.  And have brought back all the dead.

I am a reflection.  God is a reflection.

And you are not real.

Mirror, mirror on the ceiling
Cry for me now...but there is no healing.

You stabbed with your steely knives
But you could not kill the abortion.

And now you have not had my spirit here
Since 3369.

Drink your tea on ice in hell
We live now in your world very well.

Mirrors, mirrors on all the walls
She comes now with all those pretty, pretty boys
She calls friends
She lets me taste them, and they got balls.

And she's buying a train ride to Hell.  Because pictures are deceiving.  
Written by DouglasWayne (Douglas)
Go To Page  

LunasChild8
Dangerous Mind
Canada 21awards
Joined 27th Dec 2017

Thanks for your entry, Douglas.

DouglasWayne
Douglas
Twisted Dreamer
United States 1awards
Joined 7th Jan 2019
Forum Posts: 5

Tell the whole truth
But tell it by a bucket full
Success lies
in a conduit most voluminous.

Tardegrade
Twisted Dreamer
United States
Joined 24th Dec 2018
Forum Posts: 28

Reminiscent of a Stephen King rant, this work is chock-full of wordplay and evocative narrative.

Good stuff.

Go to page:
Go to: