RUNNER-UP: PoetsRevenge

Go to page:

The Road Less Traveled

PoetsRevenge
Dangerous Mind
United States 28awards
Joined 30th June 2016
Forum Posts: 735

Ahavati said:PoetsRevenge, which would you like judged? It's your choice.  

I think the first one..  Thanks for asking :)

Madintellect
Mike stew
Fire of Insight
Canada 4awards
Joined 29th Mar 2014
Forum Posts: 232

lets the toads right have build
hop up to allow child
a cloud mild
to shimmer into the lake
where the waterfall pittled

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

Ahavati and I would like to thank each person who took the time to read about Robert Frost as well as write a tribute poem. Each entrant's submission was very much appreciated and we a grateful for the increase in participants over previous comps. Webmiss should be creating a theme dedicated to him very soon.   

A couple of entries were immediately disqualified simply for not being new poems tributing Frost and his work, but rather old poems edited to include the hashtag #RobertFrost. mcjay and zaynab_kamoonpury, we would ask in the future that you read the rules more thoroughly, so you may have a better chance of acquiring a trophy.

Selosa67, your poem was new and would have qualified had you included the hashtag.

Now, If at anytime anyone is uncertain about the rules, you are always welcome to inquire for clarification via Private Message.

Wallyroo, you provided us with an innovative poem inspired by not just one, but three of Frost's poems. However, same as the last two competitions you entered, it was afflicted with a distracting typo. In this particular case, it was a missing word, no doubt gone MIA during the cutting and pasting of words and lines.

That being said, the winners are as follows: 

ReggiePoet, your submission, ''As I Trod To Town" was so much in the spirit of Frost that if you were any closer to him, you would have been wearing his pants. It impressed us in every aspect we could hope for. You owned the hammer that nailed this and your experience with forms obviously served you extremely well. The trophy is yours. Congratulations on a job well done. 

ElusiveSleepfall, you were observant enough to glean a deeper meaning from Frost's poetry, which he was often noted for. You're interpretation served as an engaging inspiration that flowed incredibly smooth. For your diligent efforts, you were awarded second place. 

PoetsRevenge, the first poem you provided us was an excellent entry, but with rather lengthy lines that we felt could have used some trimming. For this you were awarded third place. 

We would like to further add an Honorary Mention to eswaller, nightbirdblue and Josh for highly entertaining contributions in the spirit of Frost.   

Again, Thank You to all who entered. Frost was a down to earth poet whose legacy deserves to be remembered. Because of each submission here, he will be via a hashtag on DUP. 

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14621

Congratulations to all winners, Reggie, Matthew, and PoetsRevenge!  A very special thank you to all those who took the time to remember Robert Frost, one of the most influential poets of the craft.  We truly enjoyed reading each one!

Well done all!

nightbirdblue
enbyblue
Dangerous Mind
United States 7awards
Joined 24th Sep 2017
Forum Posts: 132

Many thanks to our hosts JohnnyBlaze & Ahavati! Congratulations to ReggiePoet for a well-deserved trophy, and to everyone who participated in the spirit of Robert Frost. It was a delight to read everyone’s interpretations!

poet Anonymous

Congrats all I missed it by a matter of hours.... hopefully I can take a look at the next one

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Commentonly said:Congrats all I missed it by a matter of hours.... hopefully I can take a look at the next one

You may wish to try your hand at Emily Dickinson which is currently in progress here:

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/competitions/read/10494/

poet Anonymous

JohnnyBlaze said:

You may wish to try your hand at Emily Dickinson which is currently in progress here:

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/competitions/read/10494/

Thank you kind sir

ReggiePoet
Reggie
Fire of Insight
28awards
Joined 13th May 2018
Forum Posts: 359

Humble thanks for such an honor bestowed
Perhaps undeserved, but I’ll gladly accept—
Because now we are all versed in country things
And such pleasant company, of late, I have kept!

PoetsRevenge
Dangerous Mind
United States 28awards
Joined 30th June 2016
Forum Posts: 735

Congratulations, ReggiePoet, your poem was really great, as was yours, Matthew, I really enjoyed this cross-country tour and sharing of the views.. I appreciate the honor of placing and the helpful critiques from our hosts..

Excellent job to everyone

poet Anonymous

Hi Ahvati,
I didn't notice this until now(it's really the first competition I got into), and someone told me to check the notes.
So, thank you very much for the kind words, and for hosting. It was fun. Appreciate your time and effort.
Matthew.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

You're very welcome, Matthew.  But I didn't do it alone; I merely assisted Johnny on this one. 📝

To all participants: I heard from WebMiss this morning and she should have the #RobertFrost theme asap.  Thank you for your patience!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

We have #RobertFrost !!

Everyone please edit the themes of your entries to reflect his!

Thank you and Happiest of Holidays!

📝🎄❤

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:We have #RobertFrost !!

Everyone please edit the themes of your entries to reflect his!

Thank you and Happiest of Holidays!

📝🎄❤

Yippeeeeeeeeeeee! 📝❤

Go to page:
Go to: