Heaven_sent_Kathy
View Profile Poems by Heaven_sent_Kathy
trophy
RUNNERS-UP: Zaynab_kamoonpury and ReggiePoet

Go to page:

Fleeting Inspiration

poet Anonymous

Poetry Contest

It can be said inspiration is often fleeting. Write a poem about something that inspires you in a negative or positive way. Select poems will be published in the first issue of the online literary journal Korown, scheduled for release September 3rd.
Hi everyone! I am so beyond thrilled to be apart of a community that celebrates the literary art form. I look forward to being an active member of it.
No limit on length of poem, or number of times you can enter.
Thank you everyone

I value everyone's privacy and security, so please ignore the part in the competition description about the journal. I look forward to sharing my journal with everyone once it has launched! Happy writing!

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3572

I am writing a new one for this ;

Yet I have a number from last two months that would work ;

So the question is :

New writes only as of today ?

Or previous poems as well ?

poet Anonymous

Blackwolf said:I am writing a new one for this ;

Yet I have a number from last two months that would work ;

So the question is :

New writes only as of today ?

Or previous poems as well ?

Hi! Feel free to post any poems you think would be appropriate, new or old. :)

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3572

I Inspire Myself

I Got My Inspiration My Mentation Animation

Beyond Simple Meditation Or Contemplation

It Is A Burning Flame Of Enlightened Satiation

I Can Pen The Script Or Voice My Spit Ration

Some Say The Arousing Feeling Is Fleeting

But This Ain't No Foursquare Prayer Meeting

Nor A Pagan Invoking That Needs Repeating

Inspiration Does Not Cause Brain Overheating

It Is In The Air I Breathe In My Eyes That See

It Is In Each Moment Of My Life Multi Sensory

Or I Can Pull It From A Shelf Of My Inner Memory

Or As Prometheus Steal It From The God's Dispensary

Call It Through Those I've Loved Or Who've Loved Me

I Inspire Myself Being Free Living Life Being All I Can Be
Written by Blackwolf (I.M.Blackwolf)
Go To Page  

LunasChild8
Dangerous Mind
Canada 21awards
Joined 27th Dec 2017
Forum Posts: 536

Would you please put in a link to this online journal?

LunasChild8
Dangerous Mind
Canada 21awards
Joined 27th Dec 2017

Would you please put a link to this online journal?

LunasChild8
Dangerous Mind
Canada 21awards
Joined 27th Dec 2017

LunasChild8
Dangerous Mind
Canada 21awards
Joined 27th Dec 2017

These first three entries are old poems. I'm planning on writing new ones to enter here.
Thanks for coming up with this great idea of a competition!

poet Anonymous

Thank you guys for your entries!!!

LunasChild8
Dangerous Mind
Canada 21awards
Joined 27th Dec 2017

LunasChild8
Dangerous Mind
Canada 21awards
Joined 27th Dec 2017

willtowrite said:Thank you guys for your entries!!!

Would you please include a link to this online journal? It didn't show up when I searched for it on Google.

poet Anonymous

LunasChild8 said:

Would you please include a link to this online journal? It didn't show up when I searched for it on Google.

We are brand new! The official website will launch September 3rd along with the issue.

ReggiePoet
Reggie
Fire of Insight
28awards
Joined 13th May 2018
Forum Posts: 357

I Am

I am your mind—the thoughts of secret sin  
now foster hunger that you’ve never felt.  
You tremble with excitement from within,  
from daring hopes, with which you’ve never dealt!  

I am your will—the choices that you make  
are yours, alone, none other to be pleased.  
You’ll pay for every choice, make no mistake!  
By strength of will, the fates shall be appeased!  

I am your dreams—desires yet fulfilled;  
experiences yet to come to pass!  
Subconsciously, your mind seeks to be thrilled,  
for which your conscious mind will risk trespass!  

I am your courage—never shall you doubt!  
Who shall stand against what you can do?  
You live your life in freedom, as you flout  
the rules that all those dullards write for you!  

I am your voice—so sing your song of joy!  
The universe must listen to your song!  
Then, when the craft of silence, you employ,  
the music of your soul rings loud and strong!  

I am your spirit—shining from within,  
and everyone you meet can see this truth:  
You know and love yourself, without chagrin!  
Go, live life to the fullest! No excuse!  

Written by ReggiePoet (Reggie)
Go To Page  

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 86awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5594

willtowrite said:Hi everyone! I am so beyond thrilled to be apart of a community that celebrates the literary art form. I look forward to being an active member of it. If your poem is selected for publication, I kindly ask for you to PM your full name or a pen name, and a place to view your work if you want. If you're not interested in being published that is okay too, just let me know through PM, or make a note in the post (I still hope to read your entry! :))). The mission of the journal is to inspire, so I cannot wait to read your poems about things that inspire you!

Please note, the official website will launch September 3rd along with the issue. No limit on length of poem, or number of times you can enter. I hope you can be apart of our first issue!

If you are selected for publication, you reserve all rights and copyright to your work and are free to do whatever you wish with them. Feel free to ask any questions through PM.
Thank you everyone
Note: You can also submit prose if you would like with a word limit of 1500 words and/or poems with no word limit of any subject matter to submissions.korown@gmail.com
(we're working on getting a custom domain email!)

Welcome to DUP, WilltoWrite, and we hope you find our site to be a place to share your work, as well as the website you are launching.   Where you are a new member here, I would like to caution our existing members to hold off on sending along any personal information until the Korown website is actually launched and confirmed as "safe" to participate in.  We've had a history at times, of shady dealings, spam and other issues not related to writing and poetry, and we would ask everyone to err on the side of caution, until this new site is established.

Will--your comp here ends just before the launch of your site, so when it does complete, you'll be able to choose a winner and 2 runner ups, for here at DUP, to close out this comp, and we would ask that before proceeding any further with collecting poems and information on our members, that you put a link to your site, in here, once it goes live, so that we may have a look and people can determine for themselves if they would like to still participate.

Thanks and again, welcome to DUP.

M. Lav

poet Anonymous

MadameLavender said:

Welcome to DUP, WilltoWrite, and we hope you find our site to be a place to share your work, as well as the website you are launching.   Where you are a new member here, I would like to caution our existing members to hold off on sending along any personal information until the Korown website is actually launched and confirmed as "safe" to participate in.  We've had a history at times, of shady dealings, spam and other issues not related to writing and poetry, and we would ask everyone to err on the side of caution, until this new site is established.

Will--your comp here ends just before the launch of your site, so when it does complete, you'll be able to choose a winner and 2 runner ups, for here at DUP, to close out this comp, and we would ask that before proceeding any further with collecting poems and information on our members, that you put a link to your site, in here, once it goes live, so that we may have a look and people can determine for themselves if they would like to still participate.

Thanks and again, welcome to DUP.

M. Lav

Hi! Thank you for your thoughts. I was waiting until I had enough pieces to launch the website along with the first issue to minimize hosting costs. Apologies if it does sound sketchy or shady.  That was sincerely not my intent. Just a person trying to make their dreams come true and create a journal that inspires others to live their best life. I value everyone's safety and privacy. The competition will continue, but for now I'll remove all the other information about the journal until it has launched with pieces others have submitted.  

Go to page:
Go to: