Forum Posts: 16193

Medinda, thank you.

miseryomy
Twisted Dreamer
United States 1awards
Joined 26th Jan 2017
Forum Posts: 6

A tale of madness from the mind of sadness pt.1

I seriously am fighting off depression. I feel it creep up on me. I feel it try to take hold. its so scary. if you seen what depression has done to me. the things it allowed me to do to myself. its fucking terrifying. absolutely fucking terrifying. twice this year I strangled myself. ironically both times the cops pounded on the door. It was that second time I was nearly gone. I even took pics and a video of it. seeing the sweat and the gray in my face. the incoherent look on my face the lack of muscle response. I was nearly asleep. So close. Than that loud familiar bang on the door. It caused a great shot of panic in my resting nearly sleeping body. I felt the veins in my neck pulse forcing the blood past the wrapped extension cord on my neck. I tried to ignore the knock and adrenaline rush. Than my phone rang. they were calling me now. my anxiety grew and I came fully back into reality scared and nervous I frantically shuffle around trying to remove the the cord that was wrapped at least five times around my neck. I struggled and panicked because I couldn't loosen the knot. The banging continued. I was so afraid they were going to kick the door in. the Phone rang again. I knew it was them "unknown" caller at 2am I finally got the cords off from around my neck as i look up i see flash lights shinning into the basement windows. my panic grew, the thoughts of me going to prison because i tried to kill myself. flood my mind. the Phone rang again, hastily I answered. "yeah everything is ok" I spoke as soon as I hit answer. "Mr. Joyce this is the Charlotte police dept. we need you to answer your door." all I could think was there going to take me away again. I'm in trouble because of how I feel. I responded "I'm coming right now I was in the basement" I make my way up the stairs and the music from my tv had to be blaring at nearly max. I didn't remember having it so loud. I run over and hit the ps3 power button cutting all the music entirely and made my way to the front door.
Written by miseryomy
Go To Page  

Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 16193

Congratulations to all winners esp slipalong for getting the trophy.  Everyone sent in brilliant entries, so judging was a little difficult. Had to enlist non Du friends to judge the comp.  Thank you so much and please participate in my next comp. 😀

slipalong
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 41awards
Joined 1st Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 825

Thanks for the accolade got my foot on the competition  bottom rung now
enjoyed the challenge and to my podium companions  good luck and a HOT PEN.Thank you Grace

Medinda
Fire of Insight
United States 3awards
Joined 22nd Aug 2018
Forum Posts: 93

Thank you for the mention.  I didn't realize there were runners ups. Lol

slipalong
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 41awards
Joined 1st Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 825

I thing we should be lobbying DU for silver and bronze awards for runners up having been the those categories several times I think it would give support to novice poets myself included any rate WELL DONE

Go to page:
Go to: