THE GHOST CLUB

Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 16221

Demon Hunters-Killing Payla

Amelia and I walked down the road at twilight towards our shared home, a rental, at the end of the small rural town. We were both very tired and wished to reach home at fast as possible for it was never good for people like us to be caught outside in the dark.
Amelia strode on a little ahead of me, her shoulder length blonde hair bouncing on her shoulder. Her denim jacket was buttoned up tight and across her back I could see the gun, a special gun that very few people had. We called it the DEVK, or demon killer.
I walked as fast as I could to catch up with her. But the gun was heavy on my back and my feet were hurting. We had a car until a few minutes before. It was a smoldering wreck somewhere behind us. Killing demons were tough, they fought back. Those from Azeroth were not a pretty bunch; these demons we called Payla were fierce and knew no fear. They were deformed off-springs of mutant dragons and titans. They had escaped into this world and Amelia, I and many other soldiers were assigned to destroy them.
Azeroth was our home, Amelia and I, we were born of human and Tauren, but we didn’t have the characteristic of the bovine-looking race.

I sighed in relief as we saw our house in the distant. It was snug among flower bushes and trees in front, and I suddenly felt so weary that I could already imagine my bed.
Suddenly a shriek of anger broke into the silence of the night and we both immediately dropped to our knees whipping our guns out pointing towards the monster swooshing down from the sky…..

To be continued…
Written by Grace (IDryad)
Go To Page  

Zazzles
Broomie
Tyrant of Words
United States 24awards
Joined 23rd Nov 2013
Forum Posts: 1781

Demon Hunters-Killing Payla

Amelia and I walked down the road at twilight towards our shared home, a rental, at the end of the small rural town. We were both very tired and wished to reach home at fast as possible for it was never good for people like us to be caught outside in the dark.
Amelia strode on a little ahead of me, her shoulder length blonde hair bouncing on her shoulder. Her denim jacket was buttoned up tight and across her back I could see the gun, a special gun that very few people had. We called it the DEVK, or demon killer.
I walked as fast as I could to catch up with her. But the gun was heavy on my back and my feet were hurting. We had a car until a few minutes before. It was a smoldering wreck somewhere behind us. Killing demons were tough, they fought back. Those from Azeroth were not a pretty bunch; these demons we called Payla were fierce and knew no fear. They were deformed off-springs of mutant dragons and titans. They had escaped into this world and Amelia, I and many other soldiers were assigned to destroy them.
Azeroth was our home, Amelia and I, we were born of human and Tauren, but we didn’t have the characteristic of the bovine-looking race.

I sighed in relief as we saw our house in the distant. It was snug among flower bushes and trees in front, and I suddenly felt so weary that I could already imagine my bed.
Suddenly a shriek of anger broke into the silence of the night and we both immediately dropped to our knees whipping our guns out pointing towards the monster swooshing down from the sky…..

To be continued…
Go To Page  
Grace said:

Awesome grace! Good luck!

Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011

Zazzles said:

Awesome grace! Good luck!

Thanks! Just love the title of this competition and couldn't resist. Love your story Zazzles!

Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011

Demon hunters: Killing Payla-part 2

We both shot the flying monster at the same time. The pressure from the guns was tremendous, pushing against our shoulders. The fiery light from the gun hit the flying half dragon half man midair. We saw the thing disintegrated in midair showering the road with its torn flesh; dark ichor rained down, choking us with its sulphuric smell.

Another scream sounded from the bushes nearby. Amelia and I scrambled up and ran for dear life towards our house. We felt rather than saw the path towards the front door. We rushed into the house, and closed the door, trembling.
We leaned against the wall, looking at each other, fear mirrored in our eyes. They knew where we lived now, so there was no longer any element of surprise on our side to flush them away.
We had been scouring the country looking for them and eliminating them for they should not be seen much less be known to people of this realm. The people would never survive the fear after they saw the creatures for they were too alien and repulsive to this world. These mutants of Azeroth were also destructive and could destroy a whole country if they rampaged. They must not be allowed in this world.
Amelia and I sat at the kitchen eating our late dinner, which was not very much as all we had were bread and soda. We were hungry however and anything edible was alright for us.
After eating we went to our respective bedrooms to take our much needed sleep. As I put my head down on the pillow, I felt the house shake and Amelia yelling from the next room. Jumping up, I grabbed my gun and bounded out of the room.
The house was illuminated by a strange bright white light and from outside I heard the roar of a horde. The scum of Azeroth had arrived.

To be continued...
Go To Page  

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

Thank you, my friend! Thanks for being so supportive. To Azeroth we march!!

Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011

Demon hunters- Killing Payla-Part 3

I saw Amelia jumped out of her room, her hands gripping her gun. Her hair whipped against her face as she roared orders at me. She was my superior and I obeyed her commands, without questions. She broke the window and poked her gun out, I followed suit.

We gazed in fear as we saw the horde in the distance, marching towards our house. They were gigantic monstrosities that could not be imagined by human minds.  The lesser minions were smaller creatures that jumped and flew for a short distance. The noise they made as they moved was like an inferno being blown by a strong wind. They roared as they moved, as if they were in eternal pain; bubbly roars that grated on the ear.

“We can’t do anything now. We are too tired. Its best that we hide out until we have recovered,” Amelia whispered and both of us jumped up and ran down the stairs. We ran into the shed at the foot of the garden where our motorbikes were hidden.

They were not ordinary bikes though. Ours were more powerful and steady than those in this realm. We jumped on the bikes and roared away, sensing instead of hearing the anger of the horde behind us.

We planned to hide and rest first before fighting but they didn’t give us this luxury. We saw several mutant man-dragons flying swiftly above us even as we rode swiftly on the road.

Upon Amelia’s signal, we veered into the forest at the side of the road, engaging our hover-engine. This meant our bike became a flying contraption.

Flying up over the treetops we came face to face with three man-dragons. Their majestic figure soared and flew towards us, the flames forming in their mouth. We rode fast towards one as we tried to escape from the other two chasing us.

As they released their fire, Amelia and I ducked swiftly down into the forest below. The three dragons engulfed one another in destructive flames and exploded in the sky.

To be continued…..
Go To Page  

Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011

Demon hunters- Killing Payla-Part 4

We rode swiftly away, not looking back to see if anyone was following us. All we wanted to do was escape and hole-up somewhere, where we could sleep and rest. We have been fighting for the last 48 hours non-stop and we were weary.

We rode into the mountains and looked for a place where we could park our flying motorbike. We were lucky as we saw an outcrop near an opening on the ragged mountain side. As we neared the outcrop, we saw that it was in front of a cave. We landed there and immediately checked out the cave. It was not too deep, just a hole on the mountain wall that was twelve feet across at most, but it would do for us at that precise moment.

It was cold though and I shivered even though my jacket and pants were thick. I also had a good fur lined boots on. Amelia was dressed the same although she favoured leather. She too shivered as the wind whistled through the jagged rocks on the mountain side.

I gathered a few kindling strewn outside the cave and placed them on the floor. Unfortunately we didn’t have a match. I could only look sadly at the pile of brittle wood.
Amelia went to sit in the middle of the cave, crossed her legs and seemed to meditate. I looked at her curiously. In all the years I knew her, she had never done that.

Out of her finger tips came blue flame, startling me, and she motioned to the kindling. The pile of wood immediately caught fire.  I stared, stupefied.

“I was the student of a shaman before I enlisted, Grace,” she answered the questions in my mind. I know all about Shamans. They were people with great magical power and can be formidable fighters. With Amelia this was made greater by her High Mountain Tauren ancestry. Although she was all human physically she had the strength and traits of this race.

I was born of the humans who fled to Stormwind from the Orcs. Stormwind soon became the capital of Azeroth. I was told that I had Tauren strains somewhere in my bloodline.

I sat there trying to get warm by the flickering flame. I was also quite hungry and visions of a roasted leg of pork seemed to taunt me. I sighed we were fighting the scums of Azeroth in a world not our own and it seemed like it would never end.
Suddenly, the sounds of flapping wings sounded…Amelia and I bounded up, our hands automatically grabbing our guns.

To be continued…
Go To Page  

Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011

Demon hunters: Killing Payla Part 5

Someone landed a similar bike near ours outside on the now crowded ledge. We peeped out; our guns ready to blast whoever that was that had parked outside.

Amelia and I gasped in surprise to see the visitor. It was Fire Elemental, a soldier from Azeroth. He was a paladin, human with a strain of orc in his blood. He was gigantic, his muscles rippled under his armour. The wings we heard was actually his cape, which billowed behind him, as if it had a life of its own,

“Fire!” we both gasped and ran out almost too carelessly. We realised that we were in plain view from those who were flying above.

“Heyyy! I saw you girls eliminating the dragons and followed you here. I must say you two are very fast on your bike…I stole mine from Agador,” he grinned, gesturing at the contraption that didn’t look anything like a bike.

Agador was the son of a rich man in Stormwind. He had toys that no one had and one of them was a motorbike with so many functions it boggles the mind.
Amelia and Fire moved away from me. Maybe they were discussing something I need not know, but instinctively I knew they were talking about personal stuff. I went into the cave and sat as close to the fire as possible.

They came in a few minutes later, and to my delight Fire was holding a bag of edibles, bread, fruits and drinks. I almost grabbed it off his hands and began to rummage for food that I liked. They picked out chocolate bars and began munching them while watching me stuff my face.

We tried to get comfortable later and tried to sleep. I fell into deep sleep after a while and the other two must have slept too.

Suddenly we were all startled awake by an explosion outside. Red and yellow lights seemed to burst into the caves and we all jumped up, our hands on our guns.

To be continued…..
Go To Page  

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

A shaman and a warrior, Amelia...I love sami shaman's songs... and the yoik. So beautiful...

Zazzles
Broomie
Tyrant of Words
United States 24awards
Joined 23rd Nov 2013
Forum Posts: 1781

Deleted

Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 5134

THE GHOST CLUB #2: Hemlock Jones & the Mystery of the Purloined Bones

( PART TWO )        

There was a shout-out sent the local park to full alert the crows who nested there. A number of them flew to where they met the pair of sleuths; the tiger and the mishappened werewolf, who told them of the crime. The leader bird hopped over to the two and piped up while his buddies cawed:          

”Aaw, what a shame, Miss Jones, about all this,          
We didn’t hear a thing, we was in church.          
I’ll tell ya what we’ll do so your not piss’d,          
keep watch your friend while things are in the lurch.”

”Good fellow, Regginess – it might be a while.          
Take care of this; a person’s under there.          
Appreciate the help; I like your style,          
with gratitude and thanks, you’ll be my heir.”

While crows placed sentries ‘round the mold’ring pile, the two determined sleuths sought out a quiet place a while of heeding; a plan to call upon was greatly needed.          

”My friend, a blessing first to change you back,          
I’m trying to recall the Warlock’s name.          
We can’t continue this with you like that,          
can you recall the summoner’s wide fame?”

“I do believe I know and where he lives,          
from back behind a waterfall apiece.          
His tongue, the words ambiguous he gives,          
might help me in my change, a wolf’s release.”          

The two went off, deciding as they marched, to find this talent in a Warlock, legend’s talk. They followed up a river from the coast, for half a night without sleep looking for their host.  And there at last as sunrise peeked from the trees, the rushing sound, the moving sight of a waterfall. And, as if he knew their presence’ on the way, the Warlock whom they sought came from the mist and greeted them.  A fine and strapping conjurer was he, and this they came to see was all they’d hoped.          

The three sat ‘round a fire behind the falls, with bats that flittered, sonic whistle’s sound and all.  Their host arose, well over six feet tall, and spoke with solemn grace in deepened voice:    

Trouble, the *Welsh Warlock Summoner         

”I’ve just of late composed a spell of such          
that calls upon temptation of the one          
who’s caught between and holds you in its clutch.          
I’m Trouble; incantation till it’s done.

There was no time to lose; they gathered close, while Warlock Trouble lit pine tar torches – the shadows crept.  The sleuthers’ bowed and waited for the chant, while Trouble painted signs upon their brows, fire’s light leapt!  And then he spoke:          

”On altar of Mabinogion we charge our shields.          
Kneeling, wedding Silures & Ordovice tribes          
On white book of Rhydderch’s feathered pages.          
Fury of the faeries raises Prince Llewelyn’s sword          
Which slayed his trusted hound Gelert,          
Silver lightens incantation ‘cross dark’ning skies:    

The Incantation (in Welsh, in English)          

*"Lle mae’r bryniau’n arwain y llwyfan          
Edrychwch dros y man geni          
Ac ni fydd y plentyn yn anghofio          
Er bod dyn yn betrays ei werth          
Gadewch I un sy’n cael ei golli ddychwelyd          
No fydd ef blyth yn mynd crwydro          
Sut mae cof ynddo yn llosgi          
Ac ni fydd yn anghofio y ffordd.          

*"Where the hills that guide the step          
Overlook the place of birth          
And the child will not forget          
Though a man betrays its worth          
Let one who is lost return          
That he never more will stray          
How the memory in him burns          
And he won’t forget the way."

And as they came to in their consciousness, all realized that the falls had stopped and gone quiet, save for residue of drops that echoed through the caves of bats.          

<><><><><><><><>END OF PART TWO<><><><><><><><>          

Hemlock Jones (a Tiger & shape-shifting Witch = Jade Pandora  
Doctor Toxin (a Cat & shape-shifting Warlock = Hepcat61  
Regginess, a Harbinger Crow = ReggiePoet (Reggie)  
Trouble, the *Welsh Warlock Summoner= Trouble-Loves-Me
Written by Jade-Pandora (jade tiger)
Go To Page  

Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011

Demon Hunters-Killing Payla Part 6

We ran to the cave door and what we saw was both awesome and awful for its seemed that the Payla, the entire horde  were gathered at the mountain side. They clung to the mountain with their talons, their claws and everything that could hold on to the rocky surface of the mountain.

We looked at one another in consternation. We could never take on the horde, not with so many of them with their various weapons and might. We were absolutely flabbergasted. We were exhausted and outnumbered.

Those creatures never seemed to tire. Sometimes I wondered if they had thoughts or feelings. Did they just exist, with hatred and destruction in their mind?
Or did they harbor an extreme dislike to our forms that they should seek to destroy those who resembled us even though they lived in another realm?  

Fire looked at us. His eyes lingering on Amelia and then with a sigh he held up his gigantic gun. It was something we had never seen before, but we were sure that it could do a lot of damage, much more than ours.

“Look girls, this is it. Lets give this our best shot,” he said, looking at the horde that seemed to blanket the mountainside.

Amelia and I looked at each other and nodded in assent. We would do our best...

We ran to our motorbike and jumped on it. Briefly I felt the starter hiccuped and I thought I was done for but it roared to life in an instance and all of us soared up, getting ready for combat.

The horde screamed and moved towards us as fast as lightning. Their scream was triumphant; they knew that we were pitifully outnumbered.  Briefly, I thought about the other soldiers who came into this realm with us and I wondered if they were still alive somewhere.

The combat was hot and painful. I could feel the fire of the dragons around us. As agile as we were on the bike, we were still hit by the occasional fiery breath. We maneuvered around the mountain trying to hit them with our guns. A good many of them fell like rocks to the gorge below, but many more were flying around us.

I saw Amelia weave around the milling horde, expertly hitting them, but I knew it was not possible for us to win. We were outnumbered.
Then I saw Fire shot down into the gorge and seemingly to plummet down …I was stunned. Was he hit? Amelia and I tried to follow him, but he was going too fast. The horde shot down too, following him. Amelia and I hugged the side of the mountain and shot up against the cascades of creatures.  

Suddenly, Fire shot up so fast, shooting at the mountainside with his terrible gun. The rocks on the mountain started to crumble. Amelia and I rode up higher until we were over the mountain top. We looked down at Fire, puzzled. Why was he shooting the mountainside with his cannon?  Well…maybe not cannon but it sure looked big enough.  

The force of the shots shook the mountainside, and from the gorge the sounds of the horde flying up became stronger. Then the mountain seemed to crumble. Gigantic rocks rained down the side and into the abyss.  When the dusts cleared the valley was just a bed of rocks and boulders.  The horde was buried!

Incredulous but exultant, we looked down but didn’t venture to find out if they were still alive. We didn’t come out pristine from the fight. My jacket was torn, my face was hurting from the fire, and my hands were numb. It was not easy to hold a heavy gun and ride the bike at the same time. Amelia was also showing signs of fatigue and her cheeks were red from the dragon fire. Fire Elemental was bleeding from a few cuts on his face and arms.  

We rode away in silence, each lost in our own thoughts. We followed Fire just because he was in front. We landed on a lonely beach after an hour in the sky. We saw the first flush of dawn in the horizon, but we were not in the mood to watch. We all curled up under a Casuarina tree and fell into deep sleep. We were that exhausted.  

A few hours later, we woke up, refreshed. Amelia said that we had to report on our mission back to Azeroth and I agreed with her.  Besides, I wanted to go home so I could enjoy  home cooked meals and a hard earned rest.  

Fire said he would search for the others, and after saying goodbye, he rode away. Amelia and I decided to engage our hover engine, and rode towards the portal in the east side of the moonshadow to Azeroth. We did not hear the distant scream of anger.-Ends

Grace-Grace
Amelia-AEMelia564 (Y)  
Fire Elemental - DanielChristensen  

Go To Page  

Shakespearan-Sweet
Thought Provoker
United States 1awards
Joined 7th May 2018
Forum Posts: 38

I love it, you are truly creative.

Go to page: