This is our visual poetry monthly competition for January 2018. The winner and any runners up will get their poem featured on our official social media accounts. Create a poem as an image.
Write a poem about a gift you received (at any time during your life). This could be a material item, or something that someone has done for you. Your poem can be abstract or literal.
- 50 word limit
- Your image must include the full text of your poem
- Don't use photos or artwork which are copyrighted by someone else.
- Ensure the text of the poem is large enough, clear and readable even on small devices like mobile phones.
- You agree by entering to let us post your image on our various social media accounts (Instagram etc.). You will be credited by username in the caption.
- Max two entries per person.
HOW TO ENTER
- Create an image with your poem text. This can be plain, or you can include image(s) or a background. Be creative.
- If it's a new poem, then post it on DU using "submit poem". You will need to submit the text of the poem (you'll add the image afterwards).
- Once you have submit your poem, use the "Add Multimedia" button under your poem text to attach the image, selecting the "visual poem" option when submitting the image.
- Use the "Enter Competition" button on this thread, and select your visual poem.
NEED HELP MAKING AN IMAGE?
No problem, we have a group for that: https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/groups/words-on-a-canvas/discussion/
Why social media? It's a great way to reach a broader audience and get new people interested in poetry.