Go to page:

Honest Critique Needed!

DreamerSeeker
Thought Provoker
United States 1awards
Joined 10th Oct 2013
Forum Posts: 57

On poetry.com I am "Angel B." No other usernames on that website.

I am always DreamerSeeker for other poetry sites like this one.

DreamerSeeker
Thought Provoker
United States 1awards
Joined 10th Oct 2013

I have never been "Raven Rose". Don't even know who that is. If anyone hears from that person on here again please let me know. I will watch for them on poetry.com

DreamerSeeker
Thought Provoker
United States 1awards
Joined 10th Oct 2013

I hope that clarifies things. If any of you see my poems under any username again besides "DreamerSeeker" or "Angel B." Please let me know!

Also, thank you everyone who took the time to read this poem I posted and for your honesty. I greatly appreciate it! :)

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 86awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5594

HollyDove said:Yes, Raven Rose has "morning Flower" in her collection at poetry.com

Her profile:
http://www.poetry.com/users/403274

I could be wrong, but seems Raven Rose has been mentioned on this site before (in forums).

Yes, Raven Rose has been mentioned here before as having plagiarized poems from DUP onto her profile at Poetry.com.  That said,  DreamerSeeker, you might want to have a look at the link the HollyDove provided and take this up with Poetry.com via your own profile there, if Raven did indeed copy your poem as hers.

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

MadameLavender said:[quote-270349-HollyDove]Yes, Raven Rose has "morning Flower" in her collection at poetry.com

Her profile:

I could be wrong, but seems Raven Rose has been mentioned on this site before (in forums).

Yes, Raven Rose has been mentioned here before as having plagiarized poems from DUP onto her profile at Poetry.com.  That said,  DreamerSeeker, you might want to have a look at the link the HollyDove provided and take this up with Poetry.com via your own profile there, if Raven did indeed copy your poem as hers.
[/quote]

Yes, I recall her plagiarizing Vee.

poet Anonymous

Thanks for the clarification here. Yeah, a few of yours here were coming up as Raven rose. Best go check that lady out...

poet Anonymous

I googled raven rose poems. They link back to lookawaynow, Vee, dreamerseeker and Hashman. There's probably others. Looks like This Raven Rose is the stealer of many DU works....

EngrVV
D_Poetic Engineer
Dangerous Mind
United States 40awards
Joined 11th Sep 2012
Forum Posts: 2483

rain1courtel said:I would rearrange my wording and leave out the last line in the first stanza, as well as the last line in the second stanza. Maybe clean the message up a little bit. I do agree with tornado, you seem to repeat yourself in every stanza. Though the message you were trying to convey, was beautiful. Just my two cents, I’m not good at attempting to critique other poet’s work.

Here is just my take on what your poem implied:  Xoxo

Last night an angel came to me
wiped my tears
and commanded me  
to abandon my fears

“I’ll always be in your heart,” he promised

he anointed my belief by his presence;
in my dreams
in my heart
in my soul

I know everything will be alright
he’s never far away
shadowing me with his protection

watching me from heaven
waiting....
for my name to be called

This is what you should have done...great editing Rain!

The following lines are confusing:
In heaven, he's watching.
He's waiting to hear his name be called.

[If he is in heaven already, why still wait to be called? Waiting to be called usually implies you're in deathbed]

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 86awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

Just to give a heads-up, I just sent the following email to "Suggestions@poetry.com"  via their contact link.  Will update as soon as I hear back.

Hello,

I am writing because I believe there is an issue of plagiarism with one of your members, called Raven Rose, profile found here:

I am a moderator at the Deep Underground Poetry website, and we have had instances in the past, brought to our attention about Raven Rose having stolen works from our members, and posting them on Poetry.com as her own.   If you Google-search her postings, you will see that they lead back to a number of members on our website, the latest instance being found here in this thread on our forums:

http://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/workshop/post/270185/

I would like to ask if you could look into this, as plagiarism in addition to being morally unacceptable, is also a crime of theft.  We are working to uphold a certain level of standard at our website, and I would hope that other, similar, websites would follow suit.  We do not tolerate any sort of questionable behavior at Deep Underground and we would like for our members to feel comfortable posting their works, without the added nuisance of them being open to their creations and hard work, being taken advantage of and/or stolen.

Thank you and I look forward to your response.

Regards,

(my real name was here)
"Madame Lavender" Moderator, Deep Underground Poetry.com
http://deepundergroundpoetry.com/MadameLavender/my-profile/

DreamerSeeker
Thought Provoker
United States 1awards
Joined 10th Oct 2013

MadameLavender said:[quote-270349-HollyDove]Yes, Raven Rose has "morning Flower" in her collection at poetry.com

Her profile:

[/quote]

I see Raven Rose has stolen at least 4 of my poems that I've seen.

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 86awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

Dreamer--You should log into Poetry.com and notify the powers that be.  I have sent them an email, but perhaps if they start getting a number of messages, they will have more information on which to investigate.

Magnetron
Fire of Insight
United States 6awards
Joined 20th July 2014
Forum Posts: 433

EngrVV said:

This is what you should have done...great editing Rain!

The following lines are confusing:
In heaven, he's watching.
He's waiting to hear his name be called.

[If he is in heaven already, why still wait to be called? Waiting to be called usually implies you're in deathbed]

A mortal calling an angel's name to get his attention?

And agreed, Rain did a great job of editing.

hostedg
Strange Creature
Joined 30th Oct 2014
Forum Posts: 3

money. keep grinding

poet Anonymous

Seriously?  Imma go read yours. P

poet Anonymous

Great subject and piece; waiting to find out the angel's name.  Pr

Go to page:
Go to: