Page:

I'm a noob. I need honest feedback.

BigPoppaEveee
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 4th Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 1

Not trying to get comments. But I would like some feedback because to be honest... I think I suck at poetry. But my boyfriend insist on me writing more. Be HONEST with your comments please.

Kexby
john rickell
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom
Joined 16th Nov 2011
Forum Posts: 115

For the moment be more relaxed,consider writing about every day events/things. Withdraw the word Jew say stingy if you think you are but do not pass the description to others Jew or gentile; However you have some ideas . It takes time and do not be pushed too hard.it does not work, you are or, you are not !Good luck.

Austin_Rura
Austin Rura
Thought Provoker
United States 6awards
Joined 6th Dec 2013
Forum Posts: 327

your boyfriend probably just wants you to write because he knows how good of a thing writing can be. and if it makes you happy why shouldnt you write? if you don't like your poetry though don't worry so much about writing it. poetry doesn't have to rhyme or be good or do anything for you to enjoy it 4real 4real carry on. i'll give your poetry a read

Astyanax
Ceejay
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 9awards
Joined 23rd Feb 2010
Forum Posts: 748

I agree with Kexby about the 'Jew' simile, BPE. I don't think one can say that just because a word is used as a slang term, that makes it OK. There are plenty of words that were once common slang, the 'n' word being a glaring example, but which are now seen as highly racially offensive terms, and 'Jew', in the way you used it in that simile, definitely falls into that category. I've suggested an alternative in my comments on that poem.

Apart from that I've made few technical suggestions on your individual poems which I hope will be of general help with your writing. I also agree that it would be a good idea to try to vary the tone and subject matter of your writing. You certainly have some ability, but poetry doesn't always have to be a torrent of extreme emotional anguish. There are other things to write about.

Mz_Fallen_Angel
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 19th Apr 2014
Forum Posts: 11

I agree with the above people ^ your boyfriend is very supportive. Every one has there poetic flaws. Dont stop writing keep expressing the feelings from your heart.

johnrot
Tyrant of Words
21awards
Joined 10th Oct 2012
Forum Posts: 3645

don't say jew if you don't wanna be called a nigga....not trying to be offensive but if you give racial slurs you get mam......

some may take it wrong.....

Page:
Go to: