Introduce yourself....

PrototypeD
Lost Thinker
1awards
Joined 12th Jan 2015
Forum Posts: 28

Hola DU! Happy Monday!!

Mondays rotate in my face with no grace
Does this happen to you? Will it change with my age?
They say "It is what it is", can be a hard pill to swallow
Standing tall in this office, with thoughts of tomorrow
But today is today, and I want to seize it
Waking up this Monday morning with my rhymes in scattered pieces
Long searches and brief theses for a peaceful easement
Longing for love in a place that means it
And then I found you DU, the axiom of truth
For your reflection is mine, for I am one of you

Intro:
As a deep thinker, I ponder everything. Poetry was intriguing to me even as a young man. I wrote a little here and there but never tried to hone the craft. A fan of hip-hop, I've listened well and later in life learned that writing is a release for me, as is rhyming. So here I am now and happy to be here! I'm looking forward to growing here and meeting new friends.

Have a great week and a fulfilling 2015

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14457

we'll soon beat that poetry nonsense out of you. ponder that

...and welcome  

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14457

CaptainCharles said:I am on this website to show my previously private writhing and to hopefully find other with whom I can relate with.

Expecting good things to come.

probably best to keep your writhing private, good fellow. there's laws against that shit.  

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

lepperochan said:[quote-288416-CaptainCharles]I am on this website to show my previously private writhing and to hopefully find other with whom I can relate with.

probably best to keep your writhing private, good fellow. there's laws against that shit.   [/quote]

Ghoulie
Just G
Fire of Insight
10awards
Joined 20th Oct 2012
Forum Posts: 920

lepperochan said:[quote-288416-CaptainCharles]I am on this website to show my previously private writhing and to hopefully find other with whom I can relate with.

probably best to keep your writhing private, good fellow. there's laws against that shit.   [/quote]

I've been doing it wrong all these years.

LittleJester
Strange Creature
Wales
Joined 22nd Jan 2015
Forum Posts: 5

Hello. Don't mind me. No please, put away the red carpet and glitter, I'll just sneak in quietly and take a seat at the back.
Sooooo. It's been a while since I joined one of these forum-type-places. I used to have one of these things. I just don't have the time to maintain and admin it, so I'll be pulling the site down for a while and in the mean-time I'm looking for a place to share my writes, read others poems without the pressure of admin-ing and hopefully get some inspiration. I've not had too much time to write or muse lately, I want that to change. And so far this looks like a place I can get comfy. Better crack on then aye. What's the rules? Is there a posting ratio?

LittleJester
Strange Creature
Wales
Joined 22nd Jan 2015

Wait...how do I get a welsh flag? This union jack is making me itch.

..never mind, I fixed it all by my own.

case28
Alexander Case
Dangerous Mind
42awards
Joined 16th June 2013
Forum Posts: 2077

LittleJester said:What's the rules? Is there a posting ratio?

The rules... theres only two rules here when it comes to poetry, no fingers in the eyes and no kicking in the testicles when a man goes down...

hang on, hang on, I've got that the wrong way around... no typing poetry after fingering testicles and never look a man in the eyes when going down on him... don't ask, it has something to do with Goofy.

Is there a posting ratio? 96:1... start reading.

LittleJester
Strange Creature
Wales
Joined 22nd Jan 2015

They seem like rules I'm probably going to break.

96:1 ...let's just pretend I'm going to do that.
I can copy and paste a generic comment on every post, right?

case28
Alexander Case
Dangerous Mind
42awards
Joined 16th June 2013
Forum Posts: 2077

LittleJester said:They seem like rules I'm probably going to break.

96:1 ...let's just pretend I'm going to do that.
I can copy and paste a generic comment on every post, right?

Yeah, go for it, copy and paste thoughtless comments is common practice for some. Just be sure not to make the perverted schoolboy error of saying "that's sexy, babe" when commenting on dark or spiritual poems... it's a little awkward at times.

Oh, and I forgot to copy and paste the standard welcome message....

[paste] Welcome to Deep Underground Poetry... don't mind the dead bodies on the floor, they're only plagiarists from another poetry site [paste/]

LittleJester
Strange Creature
Wales
Joined 22nd Jan 2015

Thank you for the standard welcome message, makes me feel ever so appreciated. Too kind.

Good to see plagiarists are accepted here, even in corpse form, I think I'll fit right in. It's getting harder and harder to be a bastard thief in this day and age, glad I stumbled across DU, so accommodating.

poet Anonymous

Well...hi there. Im Ibycus. Came here to write god awful poetry, stayed for the 'writhing'.

LittleJester
Strange Creature
Wales
Joined 22nd Jan 2015

Hi Ibycus, I'll have you know I'm partial to a bit of 'writhing' myself. This place just keeps getting better.

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

Ibycus said:Well...hi there. Im Ibycus. Came here to write god awful poetry, stayed for the 'writhing'.

That's the second member I have come across recently who is here for the writhing.  

BurnigDesire
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 26th Jan 2015
Forum Posts: 13

I am excited to find a place where I can share my poetry and lyrics. My names Kate and I cant wait to get posting.

Go to page:
Go to: